What calms or relaxes you? | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

What calms or relaxes you?

- loving and loyal friends
- looking at nature (isolated from people)
- praying in the prayer room (knowing that I don't have anything else to do after praying.. like studying for tests, etcc)
- going to coffee shops
- watching a movie with my close friends
-God :)
- dancing (contemporary dances)
-babies :)
- being around loving people (family and friends :) )

Being home alone, in a just-thoroughly-cleaned house, the sun shining through the windows, with a bit of sandalwood burning and music playing softly in the distance.

Reactions: aeon
Doing what I just did...I suddenly had an extremely huge urge to just go out and experience the lovely day...Alone.

It was around 4:30pm and it was beginning to get dark, I arrived at the woods and the wind was howling, the clouds were moving fast in the sky and a sense of freedom was blowing past me, I continued walking down a pathway that was in the open and the wind pushed against my back almost as if it was saying. "This way, go." There were 200ft tree's beside me bending in the wind and making creeking sounds as they whistled in the wind. It was getting darker and darker and I felt a rush tingle through my body, a very animilistic feeling of getting lost and being vunerable. I calmed down and continued to walk through the dark tunnel of tree's I was now in, my hood up and my hands in my pockets. I went up a few steep paths and came across a big field, in this field was a bench, the bench was low down and it had it's back to the woods, I had a really big urge to sit on it, it begun raining as I walked towards it and the wind continued to push me around in the right direction. I sat down and almost felt like crying, I closed my eyes and took a few deep breathes and took in the scenery, I studied the clouds for a good 10 minutes. After sitting down for 15 minutes I got up once again and had a trek back to the path I was originally on. I walked to the lakes and sat down and stared at the water as the wind made it ripple like an ocean, 2 swans were on the middle on this little island and they were helping eachother make a nest for the night. I decided it was getting a bit too dark and I wouldn't be able to find my way home soon if I didn't leave. I walked down this very dark and long tree tunnel and heard the birds singing around me, the wind pushing against my face and the slight glimmers of light cutting through the tree's. I felt a sense of being unfearful, nothing was going to bother me so I walked through the middle of the path and never bothered turning around to check...I never saw a single person.

Reactions: Gaze and jn56uytrx
Doing what I just did...I suddenly had an extremely huge urge to just go out and experience the lovely day...Alone.

It was around 4:30pm and it was beginning to get dark, I arrived at the woods and the wind was howling, the clouds were moving fast in the sky and a sense of freedom was blowing past me, I continued walking down a pathway that was in the open and the wind pushed against my back almost as if it was saying. "This way, go." There were 200ft tree's beside me bending in the wind and making creeking sounds as they whistled in the wind. It was getting darker and darker and I felt a rush tingle through my body, a very animilistic feeling of getting lost and being vunerable. I calmed down and continued to walk through the dark tunnel of tree's I was now in, my hood up and my hands in my pockets. I went up a few steep paths and came across a big field, in this field was a bench, the bench was low down and it had it's back to the woods, I had a really big urge to sit on it, it begun raining as I walked towards it and the wind continued to push me around in the right direction. I sat down and almost felt like crying, I closed my eyes and took a few deep breathes and took in the scenery, I studied the clouds for a good 10 minutes. After sitting down for 15 minutes I got up once again and had a trek back to the path I was originally on. I walked to the lakes and sat down and stared at the water as the wind made it ripple like an ocean, 2 swans were on the middle on this little island and they were helping eachother make a nest for the night. I decided it was getting a bit too dark and I wouldn't be able to find my way home soon if I didn't leave. I walked down this very dark and long tree tunnel and heard the birds singing around me, the wind pushing against my face and the slight glimmers of light cutting through the tree's. I felt a sense of being unfearful, nothing was going to bother me so I walked through the middle of the path and never bothered turning around to check...I never saw a single person.

Awesome. Every now and then I do something similar. There's a place at my local nature park by the creek that I love which is just off the path and outside of view, facing the water. Some old concrete slabs that are sitting by the water that I like to sit or lay on - relics from a time before the nature park existed. There I like to practice the hard art of having a completely empty mind, with no thoughts - just the present moment.

listening to music
Learning to quiet all those voices inside my head :D
Allowing myself to just breathe
Giving myself a break

Working out
Swimming
Sleep
Night,Sun,rain etc
Silence

I would say music But it stirs my emotions rather then relaxes them...

Edit...

- being near water (rivers, lakes, oceans)
- warm and dry weather
- sounds of rain
- sounds of traffic
- a good book, reading in general
- being surrounded by green colour
- a firm and long hug (Temple Grandin really was onto something)
- cuddling with cats and dogs

Reactions: deivejek2|9
Qualudes

being quiet

Quiet time on a sunny day like this

I'm very relaxed most of the times, I don't really have to do anything complementary. On the contrary, I have to find ways to stress me out a little bit. How ironic :D

Drinking green tea(with no sugar) definitely makes me even more relaxed, which perhaps could be an answer to your question.

Putting my life back into perspective. (Remembering where I am.)
Long walks alone.
Humming to myself. (I sometimes do the whole "Ommmmmm" thing without knowing.)
Meditation.
Long powerful stretches.
And huggles, loads of huggles. :hug:

Reactions: Neuropedia