What are your turn offs? | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

What are your turn offs?

Closed mindedness
Cockiness (not sure I spelled that right)--------It only gives me the desire to destroy you.
Bad Hygiene
guys who are really clingy (especially to your mama. I have nothing against those who love their moms and want to spend time with them, but when a guy cant cut the umbilical cord and comes to me and says my mom doesn't approve of you. Yeah that actually happened.)
Stupidity---need I say more
I don't like sports.
Guys who guilt trip
Drugs
Excessive smoking--------a cigar or cigarello is good every now and then but when you need one constantly. ech
No Job, or not in college
Jealousy

Some of mine. I try not to turn off one someone based on their shortcomings I also have. Anyway, here we go.....

- Not being independent
- Being too clingy/needy
- Someone talking incessantly
- The biggest turn off: sexists and racists. One strike on this equates three outs. If you don't like certain races, don't express them please, keep them to yourselves, as I understand everyone has certain dislike of having to deal with ones from different cultures.
- die-hard right-wingers who are in favour of censorship. Intellectual freedom should be granted, no matter how outrageous some of artists' ideas are.
- Anyone who tries to force me to change my sets of beliefs
- Anyone bothering me with unproductive questions.
- I hate ones not respecting my need to have alone time.
- Bad hygiene: I must say this. Don't transfer viruses/germs to me please.
- I hate conformists who will do something because everyone does so.
- I hate people who say I should do something because everyone does so or it's the standard way. I have my own "standard" and societal "standard" comes secondary.

anxiety
routine
untrustworthyness
seduction
dissloyal

1: Lack of intelligence
2: Egocentric/bad listener, give and take
3. Only one perspective/bad empathy
4. Tries to be someone they are not. Too stereotype. Following roles, trends _without_ understanding of their real self.
5. Religious belief. Can be real religion or politics. I don't mean spirituality generally even thou it is a minus to me.

Most other things can be overlooked. This list is in order of importance.

CONFUSION. XP

Swearing.

Astra~ I LOVE your post! So eloquent and so wonderfully and clearly stated. Would you mind if I copied it and posted it on my Myspace page? There are a couple people in my life who I would like to read it.

Pettiness/Meanness/Cruelty
Religious Extremism/Religious Prejudice
Political Extremism/Political Prejudice
Racial Prejudice
Unreliability
Unfaithfulness
Dominance/Demanding subservience (I appreciate confidence, I loathe dominating behavior)
Insatiability (confusion between Wants and Needs)
Dishonor (cheating, lying, stealing, manipulation for material gain)
Destructive Attention-seeking (pot stirring)

I better stop... my list is getting intolerantly long

Arrogance is a big turn off for me. The others are hypocrisy, indifference, and stupidity.

Arrogance
Selfishness
Racism
Narrow-Mindedness
Obnoxiously loud...it's really fantastic if you're confident - just don't be very loud for the sake of being loud!

elitists
no sense of humor
resentment

Seeing a reflection of my own flaws in another person can be a turn-off.

Greed is by far the worst offender; though turn-offs have little to do with whether I would or would not be with someone. Loving an exploitative hard-line capitalist businessman would for me be very difficult, but not inconceivable. In fact, the challenge intrigues me. I might say that not being turned off is, in its own way, a turn-off. The key to a healthy relationship is respectful antagonism. Too many people live to die. I don't want to be one of those people. I don't want to be content; I want to be happy. And happiness comes from overcoming, not from getting what you think you want.

Last edited:
Turn Offs?
~ People with any hard Addiction like Nicotine or Drugs (also Alcohol)
~ People who would go compleeeetely "emo" on me, which means that they think whatever happened to them is "worse than Anything Anybody else ever experienced" (I can take it, but only for a few Months)
~ People who are all freaky and think they need to label / explain Everything paranormal or scientific (Extremes basically)

Yeah Stuff like that basically.
As for the Reasons: I had / have some "Friends" like that. I have known them for over 5 Years now and been their Friend for exactly that long too and slowly it starts to annoy me. Just because they complain about it and want my Help but then don't do Anything about it anyways and will continue to bother me with the very same Thing every freaking Day for like 10 Times. I am very patient and all but after all those Years I can't just listen to that anymore. Wish I could, but I can't. =/

Turn Offs?
~ People with any hard Addiction like Nicotine or Drugs (also Alcohol)
~ People who would go compleeeetely "emo" on me, which means that they think whatever happened to them is "worse than Anything Anybody else ever experienced" (I can take it, but only for a few Months)
~ People who are all freaky and think they need to label / explain Everything paranormal or scientific (Extremes basically)

Me too

Heh, good Choice I'd say then. =P

Oh and I just remembered Something else I don't like at all:
~ People who would always say how bored they are and basically use me as their "Entertainment Toy". I get quite furious about that. I don't like to be talked to only because People are bored.
that's the People who have you on their Contact-List, never talk to you during the whole Year and once they are bored, have Nothing to do and Noone of their "awesome Friends" is online they come crawling to you. Now that makes me feel important. ô.o