What are your preferred types for a partner? | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

What are your preferred types for a partner?

What type do you go for?

• ISFJ

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ISTJ

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • ESFJ

Votes: 2 5.3%
  • ESTJ

• ISFP

• ISTP

• ESFP

• ESTP

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • INFJ

Votes: 15 39.5%
  • INFP

Votes: 5 13.2%
  • ENFJ

Votes: 9 23.7%
  • ENFP

Votes: 13 34.2%
  • INTJ

Votes: 8 21.1%
  • INTP

Votes: 8 21.1%
  • ENTP

Votes: 11 28.9%
  • ENTJ

Votes: 3 7.9%

• Total voters
INTJ was a very progressive relationship. It took time to unravel one another and I really appreciated that we operated so differently, we both brought new insight to the relationship, each other, and about the world around us. I learned a lot from him. He challenged me intellectually in ways no one else ever had. He made me think, and I think my interactions with him over a span of 1 and 1/2 years strengthened my reasoning skills. Emotionally, the relationship was very difficult. He could be very cold when I didn't see things his way or agree with him (I'm sure that's not true of all INTJ men, though.) He was also very demanding and dominant. I think he just wanted me to make sense, and he tried very hard to shape me into someone he could understand. Being stubborn and not susceptible to being changed against my will, I dug my heels in the ground. Ultimately, that is what killed the relationship.

MY GOD!! I can relate to this SO MUCH. I feel like I've read the summary of my past relationship with an INTJ. Bloody stubborn. (I was stubborn too :D)

Actually, I'm surprised by the high score for INFJs.

Last edited:
I dont care what thier personality is like as long as they are pretty.

Am I the only one who doesn't have the faintest clue about this?

I just made a friend who's an ESFJ and she bombs the hell out of me.

overly emotional, but still, practical.

hmmm, i'm pretty attracted to INFPs, but the one i dated was pretty introverted. we were definitely the pair to the exclusion of everyone else, so when we broke up i really had no one. :m197:
I don't know if I'm suitable with introverts but I'm really attracted to them.
(I'm right on the margin of being an introvert, I think... so hopefully it's balanced out?? And aren't INFJs the least introverted out of the introverts? ok, I'm clueless)

Yea, I tried to figure her out too much and completely understand her, and I'm sure she didn't really appreciate it. We knew each other pretty well, but sometimes when I try to analyze it, she continues to remain an enigma to me.

I think the main problem was that she was a REALLY unbalanced INFP?

I don't know if I'm suitable with introverts but I'm really attracted to them.
(I'm right on the margin of being an introvert, I think... so hopefully it's balanced out?? And aren't INFJs the least introverted out of the introverts? ok, I'm clueless)

That's a possibility, although I wouldn't say the least. Our extroverted function, Fe, makes us more likely to seek out people (once we get a handle on the function, of course). INFJs like protecting and helping people, and we value social bonds.

i'd love to meet an INFJ in real life.

unfortunately, i've never known one long enough to cultivate a close friendship/relationship :(

Hey, I also just made an INFJ friend and he bombs the hell out of me too.

I think I like all sorts of people.

Lol :D It's perfectly alright to like more than one or two types of people -- in my opinion, everyone has at least one trait that's respectable.

maybe it's just me, but pretty much all the INFPs I know are more sociable than the INFJs I know.

I'm wickedly disappointed that INTPs are not winning this thing hands down. They are pretty much the most perfect people ever... Hmph.

I think I would need someone extroverted tbh, ENTP, ENFP, opposites attract you know :)

I particularly like introverted intuitive types, I also have a big love for those with Fe over Fi so ideally INFJ or INTP.