What are the first things you notice about people? | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

What are the first things you notice about people?

I think we start from the big picture before scaling down to the small details like their skin colour, facial expressions etc, as suggested by Gestalt Theorem. I'm guessing silhouette is the first, which includes body type and posture.

To me the idea of prejudging someone based on intuitions (aka mumbojumbo) seems very unfair.

Q, have you never gotten a vibe off someone before?

Maybe, but I would always have an open mind as to how that person really is. I would withhold any judgement till I actually knew them.

I think we start from the big picture before scaling down to the small details like their skin colour, facial expressions etc, as suggested by Gestalt Theorem. I'm guessing silhouette is the first, which includes body type and posture.

LOVE the avatar and as you proposed gestalt psychology is very relevant. I suppose we all use it.

First thing I notice is their energy

Good topic

OH I AGREE, their energy, haha same here!

Maybe, but I would always have an open mind as to how that person really is. I would withhold any judgement till I actually knew them.

Haha, oooooh I wish I was able to do that. I can try to put the judgement aside, but it is still there. It only goes away once I know the person well enough, or they completely transcend what I thought.

their mouth - I have a fascination with lips - shape, movement, etc They can say so much about a person

Usually the first thing I notice is their energy. On ground level I need to know if this person could be a potential enemy or friend towards not only myself but to people I love as well.

Second I gauge how confident they are about themselves and their thoughts by using various techniques (how they shift their eyes, how they blink, how they walk, posture, talk, how they react and the list goes on).

To tell you the truth I've never met anyone that has kept the enemy vibe, if I see it coming I'll neutralize it and shift it towards friendship.

Even beings such as devils would be powerless to the embrace of true love.

Last edited: