What are the first things you notice about people? | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

What are the first things you notice about people?

Sex, and then Race. Mannerisms of dress don't matter much to me unless they dress like a Hobo, then I'm bound to burst out laughing. I had a close friend who dressed like a Hobo, but recently he's been dressing like a normal person. I guess everyone goes through a Hobo stage.

Sex is because I tend to relate to males better, unless it's a really tomboy chick and then I'll probably relate to her. Most teenage girls are trouble. And as long as a boy has absolutely no interest in me, I'm safe ^_^

Race is because EVERYONE in Utah is white. There are a few hispanics. Black people are rare to be seen. So if I see someone of color here I think: Cool! I want to talk to that person! Then I immediantly feel empathy for them, even if their personality is total assholes because people here are racist as fuck. I know a dozen neo-nazi's and I actually have jewish blood roots that I tend to keep quiet about. Everyone here talks about shooting Obama >.<

And then after that I just look for anything intellegent coming out of their mouths.

Depends on the situation. If I am in a social situation, I get a feel for their vibes first.

Although sometimes...I just sit back and enjoy the scenery ;)

I like trying to dodge raindrops in a storm...I don't do it in public, but sometimes, when it starts to sprinkle, I make believe I have superpowers and that I can move through slow-time and make the raindrops miss... Is that strange?

Mmmm, no. I see nothing strange in that. I think I might just have to try that sometime.

Mmmm, no. I see nothing strange in that. I think I might just have to try that sometime.

It's really fun. If you have a friend you trust, you can try it with them too :). It's kinda like dodging the bullets the way Neo did in the matrix...but the bullets are coming down vertically, not horizontally.

Next time have your friend take a vid so you can post it here!

I don't have any friends that i trust enough to videotape me dodging raindrops in SF. I've always done it alone, the friend was just an idea for HolySmoke...or wishful thinking (that I might have people I'm comfy enough to unleash all my weirdness).

If anyone saw me doing this...I wonder what the first thing they'd notice is...the fact that I haven't gotten hit yet, or the hair flying around...or the color of my shirt?

I don't have any friends that i trust enough to videotape me dodging raindrops in SF. I've always done it alone, the friend was just an idea for HolySmoke...or wishful thinking (that I might have people I'm comfy enough to unleash all my weirdness).

If anyone saw me doing this...I wonder what the first thing they'd notice is...the fact that I haven't gotten hit yet, or the hair flying around...or the color of my shirt?

Raindrop dodging sounds wicked and they don't call me Trinity for nothing :D

We need an international INFJ meet up somewhere with rain, I'm sure Indigo would be up for Neo style dodging as well.

=/ It would have to be fake though, cause real rain doesn't show up on film.

Damn Rain. I think nature just tries to spite us.

If that rain falls hard enough it shows up!

Raindrop dodging sounds wicked and they don't call me Trinity for nothing :D

We need an international INFJ meet up somewhere with rain, I'm sure Indigo would be up for Neo style dodging as well.

That would be fun. We could have ocean-listening parties, and rain-dodging demonstrations. And cheesecake, and pomelos, and cuddly things.

If that rain falls hard enough it shows up!

Yes, but if the rain is falling that hard, raindrop dodging becomes really hard, and it just looks like a funky raindance...(which is still fine by me)
=/ It would have to be fake though, cause real rain doesn't show up on film.

Damn Rain. I think nature just tries to spite us.

Wouldn't it be awesome if it rained honey? I mean it would be kinda gross once it got in the ground and on clothes and in hair, but it would make dodging easier, and catching the honeydrops in my mouth would definitely sate my sweet tooth. And then wouldn't it be even awesomer if after a honeystorm, instead of mushrooms, dessert popped up, like cheesecake, and cupcakes and muffins? But that would make diabetes and obesity even more of a problem than they already are...:-(. Maybe the natural way is better..

2 things strike me first.
Firstly their gender. I tend to be more comfortable among guys ( I'm straight by the way ) . Its just that I feel I can trust them more. I mean, so far in my life, the only ones who have betrayed/ annoyed/ anything else that is horrible was done by females. Rarely its guys. But still, if someone cathes my eye, well look more think less! ;)

secondly, their 'vibe'. I don't know. Its just how they " feel" . But I base quite a lot on that which is kinda a problem sometimes as people change , which can be kinda annoying sometimes. Then again, maybe its not them changing but me knowing more about them. Ok I'm ranting.

Remind us again why you used to think you were an INFJ? :D

I put it down to temporary insanity....

*hides from the INFJs*

Of course, what I do is what most infjs do; I take it all in. I check out the face, which tells me gender, race, mood and all of that other good stuff, and check out the rest of the body for the vibe and physical health. Clothes are a not a negative against anyone, but I have to admit that i get interested in people with percuilar wear (Something that makes them stand out, but not look like a freak)

~~~~Sucky post~~~~

I can tell if someone is smart by looking at them.
Hips and shoulders, eyes and walk.

With much consideration, I established that it is there neck. If I am seeing them from behind or their neck is concealed I normally look at how they hold their shoulders.

I also tend to form a very instinctual impression quite quickly, and almost immediately know whether or not I could be friends with the person.
It's not all black and white, and sometimes I change my mind, but not often. I think I'm pretty open minded and I try not to be too judgmental, but when it just doesn't feel right it's not going to work.

To me the idea of prejudging someone based on intuitions (aka mumbojumbo) seems very unfair.