Werewolves:Do you believe? | INFJ Forum

Werewolves:Do you believe?

Whitefire89

Community Member
May 20, 2009
MBTI
INFJ BABY!
So I'm not expecting too many people here to be like YEAH OF COURSE THEIR REAL but I believe in alotta things. I also believe just bcuz you don't see something doesn't mean it exist. I guess I just the idea of them. And if they were real-id be one

Last edited:
Reactions: deivejek2|9
They're kinda lumped in with the "mythical beast" catch-all for me, and I remain skeptical until I can get some proof one way or the other. How far I lean to "possibly real" or "probably fake" varies from creature to creature.
Werewolves, I'm more inclined to think are not real because of the dramatic "Man to beast, tearing people to shreds until morning" attachment popular culture has assigned it.
Still, I don't know either way.

I wish. I'm hardcore Team Jacob, but no, I don't believe in them.

I lol to your responses but I appreciate them none the less.

Naw I understand why you would see things that way griffin but I believe in gut 1st mind 2nd. And my gut doesn't say that there's werewolves out there but....Idk. I just feel myth is a myth for a reason. Like maybe at once they existed. Like not everybody believes in Jesus right? So to them...he's either not real or a myth-to them. his existance was passed down thru word of mouth. What if werewolves existed or Sumthin Idk and the truth was merely tainted to scare to the point it seems like a bedtime story? Idk man its hard for me to collect ny thoughts on this I just think there's some truth in most myths. Especially this one. Just makin convoy. Nuthin aimed at u.

And lol chamomile I was never one of those team Jacob or Edward followers I merely like the thought of werewolves n vampires

So I'm not expecting too many people here to be like YEAH OF COURSE THEIR REAL but I believe in alotta things. I also believe just bcuz you don't see something doesn't mean it exist. I guess I just the idea of them. And if they were real-id be one

What reason is there to believe they exist? The existence of all the films and TV shows we have dramatizing them?

Werewolves were inducted into reality through imagination, so yeah they exist, but only in your mind.

What reason is there to believe they exist? The existence of all the films and TV shows we have dramatizing them?

Werewolves were inducted into reality through imagination,
T so yeah they exist, but only in your mind.

This is exactly a point i made in a later comment. When something you don't see or even fully believe exist is laughed st and used to scare or be nighttime story of course it seems unreasonable. Take telekinesis it sounds absolutely to so much of the public and why? Because we don't see it? Because we were raised to believe it doesn't exist? I'm not here to argue they exist I just hate the thought that something doesn't exist because they haven't seen it. to me that's incredibly blind. Can't see it it must not exist.

Mythical creatures have been around since the begining of man from cave paintings to modern tv. As a science fiction writer I can tell you how easy it is to create a myth like this. I am not trying to insult you or anything as I do agree with you that these myths started somewhere but my feeling on the matter is that people like to tell a good story.

Have you ever had something happen to you but you just exaggerated the story just a little bit to make it sound even better? This can often be how things like this start. It only takes one person shouting wolf before the whole town allows their own fears and imagination to get the best of them. Sometimes our worst enemy is our own minds. We have the ability to take things that are real and distort them into something unreal that was based on reality. I do agree there is a reason that the Chinese respect dragons yet thousands of miles away the Europeans feared them. It could have been that they stumbled upon dinosaur remains and it reminded them of giant reptiles. Eventually this turned to giant reptiles that can breath fire and fly. Our imagination can be an amazing thing and it can create some pretty insane stuff.

Mythical creatures have been around since the begining of man from cave paintings to modern tv. As a science fiction writer I can tell you how easy it is to create a myth like this. I am not trying to insult you or anything as I do agree with you that these myths started somewhere but my feeling on the matter is that people like to tell a good story.

Have you ever had something happen to you but you just exaggerated the story just a little bit to make it sound even better? This can often be how things like this start. It only takes one person shouting wolf before the whole town allows their own fears and imagination to get the best of them. Sometimes our worst enemy is our own minds. We have the ability to take things that are real and distort them into something unreal that was based on reality. I do agree there is a reason that the Chinese respect dragons yet thousands of miles away the Europeans feared them. It could have been that they stumbled upon dinosaur remains and it reminded them of giant reptiles. Eventually this turned to giant reptiles that can breath fire and fly. Our imagination can be an amazing thing and it can create some pretty insane stuff.

I 100% agree with this statement. And no just bcuz I partially believe in them am I not offended. but yes this what I was saying above. Not much else to say you hit on the mark.100

This is exactly a point i made in a later comment. When something you don't see or even fully believe exist is laughed st and used to scare or be nighttime story of course it seems unreasonable. Take telekinesis it sounds absolutely to so much of the public and why? Because we don't see it? Because we were raised to believe it doesn't exist? I'm not here to argue they exist I just hate the thought that something doesn't exist because they haven't seen it. to me that's incredibly blind. Can't see it it must not exist.

Wait, you're going in a different direction than me.

I'm saying we shouldn't believe that werewolves exist in "reality" because they were intentional creations of imagination. It's basically believing in someone's imagination. It would be different if werewolves were actually purported to exist, rather than being a plot device for a horror novel / film. However, to get really subjective, again, if you can think of it, and your imagination is strong enough, then they are mentally real.

But yes, I agree the lack of seeing something with your eyes is no reason to doubt its existence, although phenomenological experience can go a long ways.

Until there is proof they exist rather than them just being something created to scare us silly, I'll continue to believe they don't.

Storytelling used to be a primary source of non-violent entertainment in historical times. Just like ancient myths were created to explain natural phenomenon before the age of science, werewolf stories might have been a creative way to explain hypertrichosis.

I can believe but for that I'd have to throw all scientific reason out of the window, and I'm not very comfortable doing that.

Reactions: Oranguh
I can believe but for that I'd have to throw all scientific reason out of the window, and I'm not very comfortable doing that.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T69TOuqaqXI"]YouTube - Open-mindedness[/ame]

Reminds me of this one video.

Reactions: Arsal
Look at my siggy.