Weird cognitive functions results | Page 10 | INFJ Forum

Weird cognitive functions results

Looks like 459 is associated with INFP so that confirms other results on this thread.

Thank you so much for the fresh perspective!
Anytime! So happy to help. :)

Reactions: slant
Update:

I understand now why being called an ENFP was so upsetting to me now.

I've known a lot of ENFPs with bipolar and I conflated the two.

My mother, sister and father all had bipolar and the trauma that their undiagnosed illnesses had on me has made me terrified of ever being like them.

I've been assessed multiple times to make sure that I don't have bipolar myself and the consensus is that I do not, but instead, ADHD which often gets confused for each other.

So the "trigger" here was the idea that I was bipolar, but more core,

That I was the type of person to be irresponsible, irrationally emotional and only care about myself. I understand that bipolar is a disorder and not who someone is but it's often hard to untangle the two.

D

Update:

My mother, sister and father all had bipolar and the trauma that their undiagnosed illnesses had on me has made me terrified of ever being like them.

I've been assessed multiple times to make sure that I don't have bipolar myself and the consensus is that I do not, but instead, ADHD which often gets confused for each other.

That I was the type of person to be irresponsible, irrationally emotional and only care about myself. I understand that bipolar is a disorder and not who someone is but it's often hard to untangle the two.

D
My guess is that you are the stable one in the family. . you always seem very loving and caring, not traits I would associate with a bipolar disorder

Update:

D
I have been reading a book about dealing with people you love who have bipolar and how to help them, and in reading the book, I realized

My mom, my dad, my sister and my cousin all have the classic symptoms of bipolar. My sister and cousin are diagnosed and my parents aren't.

This makes a lot of sense.

Especially in the context as why I mistyped as intj. In comparison to my family, I'm very aloof and emotionally stable. They often called me a sociopath and that I didn't have normal emotions.

Little did I know they had EXTREME emotions. This is why I didn't want to be typed as an F because I associated F types with extreme bipolar emotions.

Man though... Being raised only around bipolar people really screwed me up. Lots of trauma there. Not feeling safe with your family or where you live your entire life really fucks with you.

I have been reading a book about dealing with people you love who have bipolar and how to help them, and in reading the book, I realized

My mom, my dad, my sister and my cousin all have the classic symptoms of bipolar. My sister and cousin are diagnosed and my parents aren't.

This makes a lot of sense.

Especially in the context as why I mistyped as intj. In comparison to my family, I'm very aloof and emotionally stable. They often called me a sociopath and that I didn't have normal emotions.

Little did I know they had EXTREME emotions. This is why I didn't want to be typed as an F because I associated F types with extreme bipolar emotions.

Man though... Being raised only around bipolar people really screwed me up. Lots of trauma there. Not feeling safe with your family or where you live your entire life really fucks with you.
Jesus Fuck, slant, I do not envy you.

The amazing person that's come out the other end of that, though, is all the more special for having endured it.

My ex is bipolar (type 1), and I've been on the receiving end of all the crazy shit that entails, so I understand your aversion completely.

Jesus Fuck, slant, I do not envy you.

The amazing person that's come out the other end of that, though, is all the more special for having endured it.

My ex is bipolar (type 1), and I've been on the receiving end of all the crazy shit that entails, so I understand your aversion completely.
Moving out I think is going to really help me recover from the trauma. I've been having space with my family and now I'll be able to choose if I see them or not. When I'm away from them I never fight with anybody and I'm always "shocked" at normal behavior.

Like I pranked my friend and pretended his laptop got stolen when I was watching it and he was just like

"Well I can get it replaced"

And I was expecting a bipolar reaction where he yelled at me and told me I was a piece of shit and how could I do this to him etc.

But no he reacted normally and I was like "OMG you're so cool for not freaking out" and he was like "why would I?"

Expecting irrational behavior is so engrained in me

Reactions: Wyote and Misty
Oh my god. You shared this. :p

lol I don't relate to the INFJ description at all actually. Probably more INTP (with the exception of the foul smelling crab part)

@Professor Snep
u wot m8

Reactions: slant and Ren
@slant Do you relate to tritype 549?

That's a very withdrawn tritype. I know you identify as an introvert but it would be interesting to know if you identify with such a very 'introverted' tritype.

Do you remember what you scored on 6 and 7?

Reactions: slant
@slant Do you relate to tritype 549?

That's a very withdrawn tritype. I know you identify as an introvert but it would be interesting to know if you identify with such a very 'introverted' tritype.

Do you remember what you scored on 6 and 7?
No I don't remember.

I was a recluse for 10 years so yes I relate. Only in this last year have I rejoined society

Reactions: Ren
To add to the confusion, my friend typed me as an ENFJ last night which makes sense to me

Reactions: Ren and Wyote
I would question why it really matters so much to pin down ones type. It's a theory, not a science. And it will never give you definitive insight into who you are. There will likely always be aspects of your type that you don't agree with. Because it's just a category and people aren't so easily defined that way.

@acd I'm trying to find my identity right now it's a very confusing time and I'm trying to understand why others are interpreting me in different ways and why my internal sense doesn't seem to match up with external interpretations

@acd I'm trying to find my identity right now it's a very confusing time and I'm trying to understand why others are interpreting me in different ways and why my internal sense doesn't seem to match up with external interpretations

You're you, you-you,
That's how I hope you stay
You're you, you-you
But anyway, that's all I've got to say

The Ego: You've got a strong Inner Self and a need for projection and understanding.
The Superego: You seek confirmation by projection, to give the Self.
The Mask: You Externalise to others to present your Inner World.

Bold descriptions are based on my intuition.

You're you, you-you,
That's how I hope you stay
You're you, you-you
But anyway, that's all I've got to say
Wyote is right in this regard.