Waiting to have sex | Page 7 | INFJ Forum

Waiting to have sex

I tried to wait to have sex with my current girlfriend because I really like(d) her and wanted to get to know her better before the relationship turned physical. I felt like past relationships turned physical too fast and that set a bad tone for those relationships.

This part is accurate. I talked to him today about it and he basically told me this was the reason. He said it wouldn't be for very long. So we'll see :p

How long you have to wait? Umm whenever they down to fuck tbh. I love sex. So I’m always down for it. The sooner the better. Me and my gfs first date we almost had sex. But we were in a car and I didn’t want that. I have no room in a car and that seems to be uncomfortable. We stopped obviously and I told her I was nervous. But In reality I didn’t want to complain the entire time about her car. Worked the scenario out in my head, can’t do it. I think of these scenarios because my personality is built on anxiety baby. Stay ready.

Yeah he seems a bit more emotional than I am for sure. It's refreshing but also confusing.

I'm always the guy in these relationships
Men (and @slant ) signalling when they're ready
giphy.gif

Hello everyone,

I'm in a bit of a pickle.

I keep finding myself in beginnings of relationships where the man wants to wait to have sex. This is always unexpected on my end and it becomes frustrating the longer it goes on. It's occurring so frequently I'm beginning to think it's normal. Personally, I'm not a fan of it.

So questions:

Why would you wait to have sex in a relationship?

How long would you wait? Why that amount of time?

At what point is too long and would be reasonable to sort of be like 'hey, we kinda need to have sex or I'm moving on'?

Interested to hear y'all thoughts.
Not till u get married

Reactions: Pin and Sidney
Maybe he's just not that into you. :m075:
Believe me his hard dick says otherwise

I am just a conservative person. Am I being naive?
Not naive. Just in this particular situation neither of us are religious or conservative nor do we believe in marriage so we likely wouldn't wait until something that we'll never do.

This part is accurate. I talked to him today about it and he basically told me this was the reason. He said it wouldn't be for very long. So we'll see :p

No reason to doubt his words. I think you're going to be enjoying the hedonistic pleasures pretty soon ;)

Reactions: slant
What if he’s trying to artificially inflate the worth of his dick in your mind by making you wait for it? I’d call him out for it and threaten that it had better be worth the wait. You can collect your blue-waffle (female equivalent of blue-ball, right?) moisture in a jar while you’re waiting, add some lactobacillus, and let it cultivate in the fridge. Then if it wasn’t worth the wait, serve him some after-romping yoghurt parfait afterwards and then once he’s finished, tell him what it was.

What if he’s trying to artificially inflate the worth of his dick in your mind by making you wait for it? I’d call him out for it and threaten that it had better be worth the wait. You can collect your blue-waffle (female equivalent of blue-ball, right?) moisture in a jar while you’re waiting, add some lactobacillus, and let it cultivate in the fridge. Then if it wasn’t worth the wait, serve him some after-romping yoghurt parfait afterwards and then once he’s finished, tell him what it was.
Uhm

That's not what blue waffle is.

Don't Google image it either.

Lmao wat

Lmao.

+1 Reputation.

I’ve been in relationships where we had sex quite early on (like within the first week of becoming interested in one another)... then as weeks and months went by, we started to find out we weren’t really all that compatible as far as our values, personalities, interests, etc. ... but because the sex was so good, we were under the false impression that if the sex is so good then there must be something good about the relationship and that’s why the sex is so good... so we held on... for way longer than we should have, based only on sexual attraction, which as we all know, is something very shallow to base a relationship on. That’s why I always caution not to have sex too early in a relationship, because sex can blind you. I don’t put a quantitative amount to when you should have sex but I do say, have sex once you know that the sex isn’t going to be the only thing sustaining your relationship.

I’ve been in relationships where we had sex quite early on (like within the first week of becoming interested in one another)... then as weeks and months went by, we started to find out we weren’t really all that compatible as far as our values, personalities, interests, etc. ... but because the sex was so good, we were under the false impression that if the sex is so good then there must be something good about the relationship and that’s why the sex is so good... so we held on... for way longer than we should have, based only on sexual attraction, which as we all know, is something very shallow to base a relationship on. That’s why I always caution not to have sex too early in a relationship, because sex can blind you. I don’t put a quantitative amount to when you should have sex but I do say, have sex once you know that the sex isn’t going to be the only thing sustaining your relationship.
On the other hand if I'm in a relationship and there's not sex for a period of time I'm going to get unhappy in that relationship.

I get what you're saying, sex can't be the basis of it, I agree

But if you're not having sex that's basically the same things I can do with a friend. Intimacy is a huge part of it and for me a requirement

This is what scares me

On the other hand if I'm in a relationship and there's not sex for a period of time I'm going to get unhappy in that relationship.

I get what you're saying, sex can't be the basis of it, I agree

But if you're not having sex that's basically the same things I can do with a friend. Intimacy is a huge part of it and for me a requirement

Exactly.

The fact that sex isn't a sufficient condition for a healthy relationship doesn't change the fact it's still a necessary condition (for most people anyway).

Hmm you guys open up my mind. I think I am reconsidering my naiveness. No sex : friend. Interesting.
I'm not encouraging you to change your beliefs! You have the right to them! I imagine it's hard to be religious or conservative during this time since everyone has become more loose and free with things