Understanding the INFJ Doorslam | Page 13 | INFJ Forum

Understanding the INFJ Doorslam

Way to dodge my counter to that weak, rapey assertion which was the main point. Try again

I’m not looking for forever, Ws are Ws

Toxic?
Co-dependant?
Hasn't learned the difference between attachment and love?
Wounded ego?
AIDS, maybe?
Yeah. So toxic, super dependent, I don’t even know what attachment or love is, shot through the heart and Pedro Zamora over here
Hey, just so it's known, I wasn't really serious with this post, which is why I threw in the AIDS. I don't know enough of the situation, and unfortunately, I'm not really qualified to make such claims about someone I don't know on the internet. That's an apology. It's an attempt anyway. Do with it as you will. *Smooches*

Apologies are not needed but noted. It’s an Internet forum. I don’t think any more or less of someone in these kinds of conversations

Reactions: Milktoast Bandit
I appreciate your approach and your thoughts

((((Hugs))))

Way to dodge my counter to that weak, rapey assertion which was the main point. Try again

I’m not looking for forever, Ws are Ws

Honestly, I dont really care to argue my hunch with you beyond the elaboration that this kind of thinking is dangerous (and similar to that of a potential rapest) in that you are overriding or refusing to acknowledge someone’s plain refusal to be involved with you on the grounds that in your personal opinion, they don’t know what they want.

I don’t care if you worked with rape victims. I’ve known domestic violence experts who were ironically, glaringly chauvinistic against women, (unconsciously emulating the abusiveness that scarred and motivated them to entering the field in the first place) which is just one example of why I don’t put much stock in people touting their professions in the context of online debates.

I see that you tagged me in another thread where I mentioned that I have shut people out due to my own immaturity. I’m not running from that at all, but aside from the fact that I am not INFJ (and not your dating partners) I think that you are still fruitlessly searching for ammunition to aid you in your proxy battle against people you know in real life via INFJs in general. You are just playing out that lack of closure in an online format, and for what?

Anyway, this is clearly a debate that is not going to have a productive end and currently looks like a battle for the last word. If nothing else, take cues from the INFJs in the thread who tried to help you understand and then gradually melted out of the discussion. They were able to see the incompatibilities a mile away and because of that they withdrew. It seems like a sensible choice to me, and that very intuition may have been a factor in some of what you see as doorslamming in real life. They may have made the correct choices for themselves, and they are under no obligation to spell it out to your satisfaction in order to be characterized as mature adults.

I am now going to try to wise up and take the same cues as the others and will do my best to exit the discussion here without getting further entangled.

Honestly, I dont really care to argue my hunch with you beyond the elaboration that this kind of thinking is dangerous (and similar to that of a potential rapest) in that you are overriding or refusing to acknowledge someone’s plain refusal to be involved with you on the grounds that in your personal opinion, they don’t know what they want.

I don’t care if you worked with rape victims. I’ve known domestic violence experts who were ironically, glaringly chauvinistic against women, (unconsciously emulating the abusiveness that scarred and motivated them to entering the field in the first place) which is just one example of why I don’t put much stock in people touting their professions in the context of online debates.

I see that you tagged me in another thread where I mentioned that I have shut people out due to my own immaturity. I’m not running from that at all, but aside from the fact that I am not INFJ (and not your dating partners) I think that you are still fruitlessly searching for ammunition to aid you in your proxy battle against people you know in real life via INFJs in general. You are just playing out that lack of closure in an online format, and for what?

Anyway, this is clearly a debate that is not going to have a productive end and currently looks like a battle for the last word. If nothing else, take cues from the INFJs in the thread who tried to help you understand and then gradually melted out of the discussion. They were able to see the incompatibilities a mile away and because of that they withdrew. It seems like a sensible choice to me, and that very intuition may have been a factor in some of what you see as doorslamming in real life. They may have made the correct choices for themselves, and they are under no obligation to spell it out to your satisfaction in order to be characterized as mature adults.

I am now going to try to wise up and take the same cues as the others and will do my best to exit the discussion here without getting further entangled.

What’s your hunch, man? Way to dangle that. Watch out for assumptions

Sorry about your experience with the rape crisis people you met. Life’s weird. Guess someone needs to help them, too

And, it’s an online conversation. Yeah, I’m coming in here to take this and tell someone Sloe Ginn said x, y, and z, so listen up!

Honestly, I came here with good intentions to learn and just threw out my thoughts and observations. With love

Last edited: