Typing House MD (Fox TV Show) | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Typing House MD (Fox TV Show)

So, how would you type House MD? He is someone who seems classically Fi vs. Fe. He struggles with Fe immensely. And his Ti is likely off the charts. So, how would you type him? But he picks things up pretty quickly, so he seems to have a high Ni.

I'd guess i'd type him as INTJ? But i could be wrong.

Thoughts?
Your statements and your guess do not fit together at all.

INTJs are not that good with Ti. They want to get things done rather than find out why. House often cares more about finding out what was wrong than actually healing the patient.

Having introverted feeling off the charts and struggling with Fe (caring about others but be horrible/uncomfortable expressing it) would point towards Dominant Ti and Aspirational Fe, meaning making him an IxTP.

I'm not quite sure how to explain it, but his intuition seems much more Ne than Ni. He also seems to have the excellent memory and feelings of guilt associated with tertiary Si. He certainly does not have the SP artisan temperament.

In short, he is an INTP.

Your statements and your guess do not fit together at all.

INTJs are not that good with Ti. They want to get things done rather than find out why. House often cares more about finding out what was wrong than actually healing the patient.

Having introverted feeling off the charts and struggling with Fe (caring about others but be horrible/uncomfortable expressing it) would point towards Dominant Ti and Aspirational Fe, meaning making him an IxTP.

I'm not quite sure how to explain it, but his intuition seems much more Ne than Ni. He also seems to have the excellent memory and feelings of guilt associated with tertiary Si. He certainly does not have the SP artisan temperament.

In short, he is an INTP.

Te (+Ni) seeks to understand as well, but Te wants to learn something that's useful or something that has an end goal. Depending on the INTJ, that can be between the one passion s/he has in his/her life or everything that's possible. Basically, I guess what I'm saying is that you have to figure out why in most cases TO get anything done, unnecessary abstraction doesn't really help most people past a theoretical conversation.

I agree though, I do think he's an INTP. Although I liked to say that he (was) is a cool character, the more and more I think about it, outside of having the same temperament, he is really not all that much like me. All of his intuitive moments seem to have a Ne flavor, with a show representation, than Ni. I'm not particular sure how I feel about your Si comment but, overall, you're right. INTP

You lot are being idiots.

Just because he is a misanthrope, does not mean he is an I. He loves playing social mental games, and cannot function on his own. See S0401 for reference, also, that episode where he was on a flight back from singapore with Lisa Cuddy. He built a team from other passengers to solve that, and he is too impatient to just treat rather than test.

House is an ENTP who has been repeatedly abused throughout his childhood by his "father", and his blunt attitude (Shai Reminiscent, not Duty/Norton reminiscent) is blatantly ENTP.

We have gone over this too many times.

You lot are being idiots.

Just because he is a misanthrope, does not mean he is an I. He loves playing social mental games, and cannot function on his own. See S0401 for reference, also, that episode where he was on a flight back from singapore with Lisa Cuddy. He built a team from other passengers to solve that, and he is too impatient to just treat rather than test.

House is an ENTP who has been repeatedly abused throughout his childhood by his "father", and his blunt attitude (Shai Reminiscent, not Duty/Norton reminiscent) is blatantly ENTP.

We have gone over this too many times.

Can you provide a few more examples in which House uses Ne over Ti? His whole diagnosing process seems more Ti supported by Ne than Ne supported by Ti. I know he's just a character, but yeah. And...ehrm...you never reminded me of Dr. house, I know a few INTPs that do though.

I remind Bored Now, and several other female members of House.

I am at work, outside at the muster point because of a fire alarm, not at home with my external and the House Episodes.

Nearly his entire process is Ne, filtered through Ti. You can't judge on processes, simply on behaviour. His behaviour says ENTP, not INTP. There are no INTPs on that show.

ENTP - House, PI guy dating Cuddy, Kutner
ENTJ - Cuddy, Foreman, Cutthroat Bitch
INTJ - Thirteen
ENFP - Cameron
INFJ - Wilson

Taub, Chase... Don't know.
Taub might be an INTP?

I remind Bored Now, and several other female members of House.

I know several INTJs and INTPs who can state that they remind people of House.
I am at work, outside at the muster point because of a fire alarm, not at home with my external and the House Episodes.

Nearly his entire process is Ne, filtered through Ti. You can't judge on processes, simply on behaviour. His behaviour says ENTP, not INTP. There are no INTPs on that show.
I don't see any concrete behaviors (Up until season 5) that proves that he is an ENTP over an INTP. What exactly makes you believe that he is such an obvious ENTP? I can clearly see him as a ENTP, but I haven't ruled out INTP either.

ENTP - House, PI guy dating Cuddy, Kutner
ENTJ - Cuddy, Foreman, Cutthroat Bitch
INTJ - Thirteen
ENFP - Cameron
INFJ - Wilson

Taub, Chase... Don't know.
Taub might be an INTP?

Hmmm, this is a really interesting question. I'm kind of new to this, so I don't really quite understand all this Fi vs Fe, etc stuff, or all the traits associated with them. But I love House, even if he is an unrealistic character (plus Hugh Laurie is sexxxxy!) so it's interesting to think about and read your ideas.

I don't know who has worked this out, but many prominent Star Trek characters have been typed: http://www.wischik.com/damon/Texts/myersbriggstrek.html

Supposedly Captain Sisko from Deep Space 9 is an INFJ. I'm okay with that!

250px-BenSisko.jpg

No, No, people, people, please, calm down.....now, I think it's abundantly clear to all of us that house is an ESTJ, Wilson is an ENTP, Cuddy is an INTP, Foreman is an INFJ, Chase an ISFP, Cameron is quite clearly an INTJ (painfully obvious, especially in the first few episodes), 13 (or 31) is a ESFJ, Taub is a ISFJ and Amber (also playfully known as "cut throat bitch) is an INFP, the PI guy is most likely a ENTP oh also it's pretty obvious that Kutner is an ENTP.

If you really think about it, I think you'll agree that I'm right. :m027:

Last edited:
Anyone else think that the Psychiatrist at the South Pole Station is an INFJ?

The Chemistry between the INFJ and the ENTP was ... Shiveringly hot.

Wilson - "No wonder House likes you"
Psych - *coy/pleased smile*

FWIW I'm with Shai on this one, House = misanthropic ENTP. He loves to mess with people far too much to be an INTP, IMO.

Supposedly Captain Sisko from Deep Space 9 is an INFJ. I'm okay with that!

Hmmm possibly, I've typed him in the past as an ESTJ with a well-developed Fi, but now I'm wondering whether he reminds me more of Morpheus from The Matrix, or Optimus Prime.
:m075:

I have always hated Optimus. Shockwave was much better.

I never really liked the pompous arrogance of Sisko either. He lives in what, the 24th century? And yet when they holodecked to a decade in the 20th century he had a very personal contempt for how africans were treated in the USA at that time. If I holodecked the 1630's, I wouldn't be bemoaning the social standards of the day. That was just one little thing that shit me off, the writer trying to make a political point using anger. Completely against the Star Trek philosophy of highlighting current social attitudes lack of enlightenment by showing how it could be better without yelling about current day prejudice. Also his attitude towards Q, retarded. He's supposed to be a Starfleet Captain, and yet he loses control so easily and punches Q. He's no INFJ, ESTJ would be more accurate.

Were there any INFJ captains?

I am annoyed though that they didn't make more use of Q in DS9. He found Sisko far easier to provoke and liked it, yet he didn't toy with him...

Was his son an INFJ? I found him intriguing, far more so than that moron Wesley Crusher. Sisko Jr stayed aboard DS9 to be a wartime journalist, whereas Wesley Crusher just whined.

I have always hated Optimus. Shockwave was much better.

Shockwave was a badass, Soundwave had the coolest voice though (as far as the original cartoons went). How come the villains are always cooler than the good guys?

Were there any INFJ captains?
I don't think so, my typings for the other captains would be:
Kirk - ESTP
Picard - INTJ
Janeway - ENTJ
Archer - ENFJ

Was his son an INFJ? I found him intriguing, far more so than that moron Wesley Crusher. Sisko Jr stayed aboard DS9 to be a wartime journalist, whereas Wesley Crusher just whined.
Even the actor who played Wesley said he hated him. :lol:

Anyone else think that the Psychiatrist at the South Pole Station is an INFJ?

The Chemistry between the INFJ and the ENTP was ... Shiveringly hot.

Wilson - "No wonder House likes you"
Psych - *coy/pleased smile*

Actually when I watched that episode I wondered the same thing, she gave off a certain "vibe" that made me wonder if she was INFJ

I'd say ENTJ in teenage mode, still manipulating everyone around him.

Yay me too! Jake was such a well rounded and thoughtful person even when he was little. He was so cool.

[spam edited out ta]

@Satya: Wakey wakey!

Last edited by a moderator: