Typing Based on Expression. | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

Typing Based on Expression.

That INFP in the video sounds and acts like a total dipshit.
Take it from an INFP who has a few INFP friends and relatives: None of us appear to be half-retarded.

This video typing is bunk. I can't believe you people would take it seriously.

Also, just saying: @Bird in her video is talking about how Fi is about believing in either right/wrong true/false... and how Ni doesn't do that, that Ni takes everything into consideration and sees all those shades of grays... "I can justify just about anything." That's Ne, not Ni. Ne is about looking at things objectively from multiple perspectives.

Last edited:
That INFP in the video sounds and acts like a total dipshit.
Take it from an INFP who has a few INFP friends and relatives: None of us appear to be half-retarded.

This video typing is bunk. I can't believe you people would take it seriously.

Also, just saying: @Bird in her video is talking about how Fi is about believing in either right/wrong true/false... and how Ni doesn't do that, that Ni takes everything into consideration and sees all those shades of grays... "I can justify just about anything." That's Ne, not Ni. Ne is about looking at things objectively from multiple perspectives.

When did you decide that you were INFP?

and Ni = interconnections between everything
as one whole
Ne = trying to always look outside the box
Ni is the galaxy compressed within the box, while
Ne is a bunch of boxes connected to each other
where you can jump out of and look for more
multidimensional boxes or something.

Ni is just a very abstract process hence looking less
typically grounded and thus "original" but it's not
OUTSIDE the box, because it will take ONE element,
then ANOTHER, then WEAVE it.

Last edited:
Reactions: deivejek2|9
A long time ago. I'm pretty sure I'm INFP.
The first time I took the test was in a college career counseling center and I got INFP..

Last edited:
When did you decide that you were INFP?

and Ni = interconnections between everything
as one whole
Ne = trying to always look outside the box
Ni is the galaxy compressed within the box, while
Ne is a bunch of boxes connected to each other
where you can jump out of and look for more
multidimensional boxes or something.

Ni is just a very abstract process hence looking less
typically grounded and thus "original" but it's not
OUTSIDE the box, because it will take ONE element,
then ANOTHER, then WEAVE it.
I still think you're describing Ne and not Ni. How would you be able to withold judgment on right or wrong or truth or falsity if you were only looking "in the box?"
I always thought Ni was more about gut reactions, where you knew the answer or had a hunch but couldn't fully articulate it because it was not a fully conscious understanding? That Ni just leads you to the answer based on the complex patterns you've come to realize within yourself through your own experience, and then you have to work to justify it or articulate it (probably by referencing Fe.)

Last edited:
:m100:
I still think you're describing Ne and not Ni. How would you be able to withold judgment on right or wrong or truth or falsity if you were only looking "in the box?"
I always thought Ni was more about gut reactions, where you knew the answer or had a hunch but couldn't fully articulate it because it was not a fully conscious understanding? That Ni just leads you to the answer based on the complex patterns you've come to realize within yourself through your own experience, and then you have to work to justify it or articulate it (probably by referencing Fe.)

Bird is right, it is Ni, Ni sees all sides because all sides exist at the same time inside of us. It the quintessential big picture. Ne, tends to relate less related items to related items, whereas Ni see all the connections as they exist. People say its about "gut reactions" but people who are Ni dominants understand how it works without knowing how it works in words. But they can still sense it all inside, this is why INFJs and INTJs are masters at justifying anything, because all sides exist to be seen.

Ne isn't about whats relevant, Ni is. Which is what she was getting at, SEEING the connections between things.

Whereas Ne is MAKING the connections between unrelated ideas and thoughts.

Ne comes up with new and interesting ways to think of things, whereas Ni sees all that is relevant of all things and boils it down to an answer.

a simpler way of looking at it:

Introverted N = taking all the possibilities and data and finding the truth.
Extroverted N = taking the truth and applying it across many possibilities.

Reactions: deivejek2|9
:m100:

Bird is right, it is Ni, Ni sees all sides because all sides exist at the same time inside of us. It the quintessential big picture. Ne, tends to relate less related items to related items, whereas Ni see all the connections as they exist. People say its about "gut reactions" but people who are Ni dominants understand how it works without knowing how it works in words. But they can still sense it all inside, this is why INFJs and INTJs are masters at justifying anything, because all sides exist to be seen.

Ne isn't about whats relevant, Ni is. Which is what she was getting at, SEEING the connections between things.

Whereas Ne is MAKING the connections between unrelated ideas and thoughts.

Ne comes up with new and interesting ways to think of things, whereas Ni sees all that is relevant of all things and boils it down to an answer.

a simpler way of looking at it:

Introverted N = taking all the possibilities and data and finding the truth.
Extroverted N = taking the truth and applying it across many possibilities.
Ne is what backs up Fi. It checks Fi. It doesn't only come up with new and interesting ways to look at things.. It checks to see if the values of Fi exist in the external world or if they can be applicable to the external world. I don't understand what you mean about Ni being more relevant.

Ne is what backs up Fi. It checks Fi. It doesn't only come up with new and interesting ways to look at things.. It checks to see if the values of Fi exist in the external world or if they can be applicable to the external world. I don't understand what you mean about Ni being more relevant.

Ni is a truth seeker, it seeks what is ultimately relevant to the question. Whereas I think we could say Ne isn't as concerned with what is relevant, its more about looking for questions.

Ni = why... questions to answer.
Ne = I wonder if... answer to questions.

I am over simplifying, but I think you get what I mean.

Look at the direction the energy is flowing. like all functions, E functions flow outward and I functions flow inward.

If you can type based on expression then I'm a clear INFJ according to this. Down to the very tilt of the head.

i%20like%20were%20this%20thread%20is%20going.jpg

Don't mean to derail, split topic if you see fit.

Ni is a truth seeker, it seeks what is ultimately relevant to the question. Whereas I think we could say Ne isn't as concerned with what is relevant, its more about looking for questions.

Ni = why... questions to answer.
Ne = I wonder if... answer to questions.

I am over simplifying, but I think you get what I mean.

Look at the direction the energy is flowing. like all functions, E functions flow outward and I functions flow inward.
I still don't see how Ne can't justify just about anything given what you've said. You're not saying anything as far as I can tell that contradicts that.

Bird originally said something about how she is sure she is INFJ and not INFP because Ni prevents her from drawing black/white conclusions--the way Fi users supposedly do.

Spell it out for me Billy!

I still don't see how Ne can't justify just about anything given what you've said. You're not saying anything as far as I can tell that contradicts that.

Justification is not the exclusive domain of Ni, its an N trait because N seeks data not sensory detail. Dont get hung up on minute details and pick apart such a superficial phrasing of words.

Bird originally said something about how she is sure she is INFJ and not INFP because Ni prevents her from drawing black/white conclusions--the way Fi users supposedly do.

I can see that, Fe users tend to be less emotionally stuck on ideals internally the way Fi users are. I have found personally that nothing truly bothers me emotionally. Fi sticks to its values, its self contained whereas Fe tends to be more based socially, but its important to draw a distinction between S fueled Fe vs N fueled Fe, S's will tend to rely on their environment, whereas Ns will be less rigid and challenge their feelings. I dont like the wording Bird used, black and white... thats not appropriate, I would say that Fi is less apt to be self challenged then Fe, because Fi is so internally structured and Fe is so fluid and changes based on environment.

I am repeating myself for that I apologize, I am in a room with 4 girls right now and they are acting hilarious.

:mhula:

Ne: Why is the monkey dancing? Maybe she does it for fun. Or to impress all little monkeys in her monkey world. And if she is being payed. I wonder what's the money currency in monkey world. Is that monkey even a she? What if it's a guy who looks like a girl? Maybe it's a man monkey who decided to get a surgery to look like a girl. Maybe he was gay and he couldn't accept it. Oh, speaking of gays, people who hate them are annoying. Just like those people with very high voices. They're also annoying. Everything is annoying. What causes people to be annoyed? Is it something in the body? Blah blah blah blah. Ok, that's hardcore unfocused Ne (no Fi/Ti), but you get the point. It gets plenty questions to try to find answers, but doesn't focus on the answer itself.

Ni: This monkey may look like it's dancing, but it's not really. I know all she does is to try to impress the other monkeys. I can't really explain why I know it. This monkey looks like she's trying hard to be accepted in her communauty. She is wearing a flower to show she knows all the monkey fashion, but that doesn't mean anything to me. It gets plenty of answers with no question really o_O and focus on the answer itself instead of on the possiblities.

I'm not sure on Ni, feel free to correct :p

Ne: Why is the monkey dancing? Maybe she does it for fun. Or to impress all little monkeys in her monkey world. And if she is being payed. I wonder what's the money currency in monkey world. Is that monkey even a she? What if it's a guy who looks like a girl? Maybe it's a man monkey who decided to get a surgery to look like a girl. Maybe he was gay and he couldn't accept it. Oh, speaking of gays, people who hate them are annoying. Just like those people with very high voices. They're also annoying. Everything is annoying. What causes people to be annoyed? Is it something in the body? Blah blah blah blah. Ok, that's hardcore unfocused Ne (no Fi/Ti), but you get the point. It gets plenty questions to try to find answers, but doesn't focus on the answer itself.

Ni: This monkey may look like it's dancing, but it's not really. I know all she does is to try to impress the other monkeys. I can't really explain why I know it. This monkey looks like she's trying hard to be accepted in her communauty. She is wearing a flower to show she knows all the monkey fashion, but that doesn't mean anything to me. It gets plenty of answers with no question really o_O and focus on the answer itself instead of on the possiblities.

feels right in essence to me.

Se: It's a dancing monkey.

Reactions: jn56uytrx
@Billy, I'm not trying to prove anything to you, I made this clear from the get go. I'm only presenting you with an idea. Whether or not you choose to consider it is your call.

It is inconclusive and there are major gaps in the theory, but it works for me.

If you desire to prove your point, post 100 videos to start of the SAME type and let us see if there are differentiations and patterns.

I could do this, if there were enough videos online.

But seriously, if it were possible, I would show you this in real time. Because I see it myself every day.

(Of course you would reject instantly, as you have rejected everything I've said so far because you are dead set onto proving the hypothesis wrong, but just saying.)

:]

EDIT: On second thought, I might just do this. Even though it has probably already been done by these guys.

Last edited:
I think it's important to remember
that in my video I was comparing
Ni dominance TO Fi dominance.

Nothing at all to do with Ni to Ne.

Was I being vague, yes?
Did I say that I would be vague on
that topic? Yes.

Why? Because I didn't have enough
time to really get into it, as I stated
very clearly in the video itself.

Thank you all for listening well.