[INFJ] - Types you're attracted to? | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

[INFJ] Types you're attracted to?

I have a theory for myself about dual Ni-doms, so I vote INFJ or mature INTJ for the jedi communication and morality. But I am also open to being proved wrong.
I'm telling you... My INTJ male friend just sears into me with these personal insights like he has x-ray vision into the core of my being. I cannot hide from him. It is unnerving, for lack of a better word. I'm not sure if I like it, lol. I'm not used to people connecting dots I haven't given them, or thinking so similarly to me that they pick up nuances and pattern me like I do everyone else. It's kind of eerie. I always wanted someone to know me inside out, but, I never really thought it was possible, so... I am trying to get comfortable with it, I suppose.

I'm telling you... My INTJ male friend just sears into me with these personal insights like he has x-ray vision into the core of my being. I cannot hide from him. It is unnerving, for lack of a better word. I'm not sure if I like it, lol. I'm not used to people connecting dots I haven't given them, or thinking so similarly to me that they pick up nuances and pattern me like I do everyone else. It's kind of eerie. I always wanted someone to know me inside out, but, I never really thought it was possible, so... I am trying to get comfortable with it, I suppose.
Yep, had this with an INTJ and an INFJ.. It's hypnotic. It's that dual Ni. It's almost like a drug.. swimming in all that Intuition and depth.

Unfortunately the TJ was very emotional but very immature so he lashed out and I don't want that. The INFJ and I were together over 2 years and still understand each other perfectly. But that's another tale for another time. I met him here. The dual Ni is really so heavenly though.. <3

Yep, had this with an INTJ and an INFJ.. It's hypnotic. It's that dual Ni.

Unfortunately the TJ was very emotional but very immature so he lashed out and I don't want that. The INFJ and I were together over 2 years and still understand each other perfectly. But that's another tale for another time. I met him here. The dual Ni is really so heavenly though.. <3
Oooh, I am excited to hear said tales at your leisure.

I'm not sure whether this sounds delightful or uncomfortable.

It is, I mean I smile and blush when he sends me the messages and I am glad he can't see me, but then I kind of freak out because I am not sure why he's fostering such a deep connection and understanding with me if we're just friends. I'm like, uh... Is he trying to mate with me, because this is how you seduce an INFJ, so cut it out, man. Holy moly!

It is, I mean I smile and blush when he sends me the messages and I am glad he can't see me, but then I kind of freak out because I am not sure why he's fostering such a deep connection and understanding with me if we're just friends. I'm like, uh... Is he trying to mate with me, because this is how you seduce an INFJ, so cut it out, man. Holy moly!
:tearsofjoy:...:sweatsmile:... yes. Sounds like an interesting scenario. You'll have to wait and see where it goes. Muahaha:yum:

I'm not specifically talking about compatibility here. What are some personality types you're attracted to as an INFJ and why?

I always thought I liked INTJs, I guess because they're typically intelligent and introverted (could come up with more reasons if I felt like thinking about it). Until I got in a relationship with one and tried to convince myself they weren't that mean. Maybe they're not straight up mean but this person actually had 0% Fe, compared to my 87%.... I don't open up to people that often but I could tell this person was worth it, or so I thought. I ended up getting my heart ripped out over and over, and I kept coming back for more because I couldn't give up. This person really tried to understand me and after pages and pages of explaining myself, I'd hoped they'd be able to see from my perspective but they just couldn't.

This experience made me realize I should probably stay away from INTJs, only to protect my own feelings. Maybe I'll try XXFX someone with feelings.

Feel free to share any similar experiences you've had or tell me about a type you're attracted to.
A friend has just escaped a mentally unstable and aggressive female INTJ. BPD possibly. Real nasty piece of work. Do you think type can correlate to sone degree with personality disorders?

Reactions: Jexocuha and aeon
97a5c9c2c726a3ed17430efd7bf6674a.jpg

No, but age-related trauma sure does.

Cheers,
Ian
I suspect personality type just affects the nature of the symptoms, colours how they are manifested. AH no doubt had a personality disorder but he was spoilt as a child. It seems his personality/character was mostly genetic.

Reactions: Jexocuha
Do you think type can correlate to sone degree with personality disorders?
Yes, to some degree. Personality disorders are extreme expressions of normal personality traits. Various disorders already been correlated to big five scales.

For BPD specifically, all studies (that I've seen) found correlations with high neuroticism and some found correlations with low agreeableness, high openness, moderate low conscientiousness and some extroversion.

Intj isn't the first type that comes to mind given the correlations above, but the above is group averages so says nothing about any specific individual.

That's true. Type of trauma (sexual, physical or emotional abuse, or neglect)and severity is also a strong factor, according to the studies I've read.
Aren’t there lots of people who suffer such abuse but don’t develop BPD or similar? Maybe there needs to be a weakness for it? Perhaps shitty personality plus abuse = monster? Jus sayin’

It should be noted that MBTI has no scientific validity, whereas the Big 5 does, so correlation with clinical psychology diagnoses will always be with the latter in peer-reviewed publications.

Cheers,
Ian

Do you think the lack of scientific validity of MBTI is because it’s hard to prove or because the scientific establishment is narrow minded or both?

interestingly this INTJ rubbished MBTI on the basis of lack of coverage in academia, which to me shows weakness of Te compared to Ti.