[INFJ] - Types you're attracted to? | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

[INFJ] Types you're attracted to?

I think I read some comparisons that most INFJs choose ENFP / ENTP spouses. I've met people of both, but for me, having a fellow Fe user is truly and utterly important for me. Fi users befuddle me and make me frustrated. Nothing against them, of course, I'm just .. probably a bit over-reliant on my Fe.

My best relationships are with fellow INFJs and my absolute most solid relationship is / was with an ENFJ. Their energy is contagious, infectious, and I can build things with them. Their grip stress is understandable for me most times, however...

Being with another INFJ is really hard sometimes. If we both end up in the doldrums and in the throes of grip stress, we detach and become apathetic. It's fine if it's one or the other, but if it's both of us at the same time, it turns into this lifeless, desolate vortex of emptiness that's desperately hard to shake considering that our Fe feeds off one another. Still trying to find a way to combat this.
I think I read some comparisons that most INFJs choose ENFP / ENTP spouses. I've met people of both, but for me, having a fellow Fe user is truly and utterly important for me. Fi users befuddle me and make me frustrated. Nothing against them, of course, I'm just .. probably a bit over-reliant on my Fe.

My best relationships are with fellow INFJs and my absolute most solid relationship is / was with an ENFJ. Their energy is contagious, infectious, and I can build things with them. Their grip stress is understandable for me most times, however...

Being with another INFJ is really hard sometimes. If we both end up in the doldrums and in the throes of grip stress, we detach and become apathetic. It's fine if it's one or the other, but if it's both of us at the same time, it turns into this lifeless, desolate vortex of emptiness that's desperately hard to shake considering that our Fe feeds off one another. Still trying to find a way to combat this.
Hmm... being able to recognize this INFJ to INFJ "Fe feed" problem is a step in the right direction. I don't have much experience to provide a solid solution, and the answer might vary depending on the INFJ. Some people might want to confront whatever their feeling and others might just need their space. I guess you'd need to know each other well in order to decide what works. I really don't know though. Just some thoughts

I'll say 'ENFPs', but what I really mean is 'well that chick was perfect'. The personality label is just a convenient shorthand.

In MBTI terms, I like the way Intuitive Fi-Te thinks. It's familiar, it's reasonable; I can communicate with it. I'm similarly befuddled by Fe probably in the same degree as someone earlier was befuddled by Fi.

The Ne sets me on fire, too.

I'll say 'ENFPs', but what I really mean is 'well that chick was perfect'. The personality label is just a convenient shorthand.

In MBTI terms, I like the way Intuitive Fi-Te thinks. It's familiar, it's reasonable; I can communicate with it. I'm similarly befuddled by Fe probably in the same degree as someone earlier was befuddled by Fi.

The Ne sets me on fire, too.
What do you think of INTPs?

I'm not specifically talking about compatibility here. What are some personality types you're attracted to as an INFJ and why?

I always thought I liked INTJs, I guess because they're typically intelligent and introverted (could come up with more reasons if I felt like thinking about it). Until I got in a relationship with one and tried to convince myself they weren't that mean. Maybe they're not straight up mean but this person actually had 0% Fe, compared to my 87%.... I don't open up to people that often but I could tell this person was worth it, or so I thought. I ended up getting my heart ripped out over and over, and I kept coming back for more because I couldn't give up. This person really tried to understand me and after pages and pages of explaining myself, I'd hoped they'd be able to see from my perspective but they just couldn't.

This experience made me realize I should probably stay away from INTJs, only to protect my own feelings. Maybe I'll try XXFX someone with feelings.

Feel free to share any similar experiences you've had or tell me about a type you're attracted to.
I know a well developed INTJ and he is the most gentle empathetic person I know. Maybe not with the general public, but definitely with me. Don't count them out. An unhealthy person of any type should not lead to a prejudice against the whole spectrum of people within the framework of that "type."

I find NTs intriguing. I have never been with an extrovert, to be honest, and I have only met INTJs in the wild, so I know I connect really well with them and I like the telepathy of Ni with the balance of objectivity, data recall and logic. Also their respect of autonomy, morality, authenticity and depth. I admire their work ethic, constant character development and fierce loyalty.

For starters. :D

I find NTs intriguing. I have never been with an extrovert, to be honest, and I have only met INTJs in the wild, so I know I connect really well with them and I like the telepathy of Ni with the balance of objectivity, data recall and logic. Also their respect of autonomy, morality, authenticity and depth. I admire their work ethic, constant character development and fierce loyalty.

For starters. :D
Yes^

Reactions: grt$5vb
I have a theory for myself about dual Ni-doms, so I vote INFJ or mature INTJ for the jedi communication and morality. But I am also open to being proved wrong.

Reactions: grt$5vb