Type Singers/Musicians. | INFJ Forum

Type Singers/Musicians.

Sep 20, 2009
MBTI
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
I know there was a thread for INFJ singers and musicians, as well as one for specific songs.

How about typing specific artists by MBTI type?

Based on Interviews/Overall song patterns etc.

ISFP: Chris Cornell,Tim Buckley, Avril Lavigne, Billy Joe Armstrong, Robert Smith, Freddie Mercury, Johnny Cash (maybe ISTP), Jimi Hendrix, Bob Marley, Micheal Jackson, Marvin Gaye (maybe INFP)
INFP: Jeff Buckley, Kurt Cobain, Nick Drake, Kate Bush, Brain Wilson (maybe INTP), Cat Stevens, Matisyahu, Sa Dingding (maybe ISFP), James Mercer, John Denver, Ben Gibbard
INTP: Peter Gabriel, Omar Rodriguez-Lopez, Maynard James Keenan, David Byrne, at least one member of Devo, at least one of the Beastie Boys (not sure which one)
INTJ: Trent Reznor
ENTP: Frank Zappa, Frank Black, Weird Al Yankovic,
ESFP: Dennis Wilson, Sam Cooke (maybe ESTP)
ESTP: Elvis Presley

Reactions: Nautilidae
ISTP: Keith Richards.

That's the only one I know for sure, but there has to be a lot more.

Rick Springfield: Seems INFJ or INFP (?) to me

Just saw an interview with him, and seems to be strongly F, high Fi.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H3QkKq1o8WA"]YouTube - Rick Springfield Interview on The Today Show[/ame]

INTJ: Trent Reznor

I've listened to NIN for years and I can't believe I didn't notice Reznor was INTJ-ish until recently. I just associated him with masculine suffering and cynicism.

What about him:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=outJ3nEvyK0&feature=related"]YouTube - MIKA Interview thelondonpaper[/ame]

Mika sounds and acts like an ENTP; but his lyrics is somewhat....ENFP. ENXP?
I think...
Colbie Caillat is an ESFP, methinks. Or ISFP.
Tracy Chapman sounds like an INFJ or an INTJ...a hardened one.
Sade would probably be an ISFP. Or an INTP.
Sarah McLachlan.....INFX.
Delta Goodrem....INFP. At least her songs.

Colbie Caillat is an ESFP, methinks. Or ISFP.
Tracy Chapman sounds like an INFJ or an INTJ...a hardened one.
Sarah McLachlan.....INFX.

Agree with Chapman and McLahan, but i think Caillat or at least her music seems more N.

^
Mikey was ISFP ennea4.

All the brilliant artists are most likely INFP.

All the brilliant artists are most likely INFP.

I don't know about that, as much as I'd love to claim all the brilliant artists for my particular type, there are plenty of brilliant non-INFP artists IMO.

Well the most common artists are ISFP hence the stereotype. Maybe not best though.

ISFPs are mostly craftsmen rather than artists, most people don't really differentiate between the 2 concepts or don't believe a distinction should be made.

ISXPs are craftsmen, they just tend to be into different crafts.

Edit: ISFPs tend to be artisans not artists, but as I said already, an ISFP (for example) is unlikely to differentiate between the 2.

ISXPs are craftsmen, they just tend to be into different crafts.

ISFP's stereotype is artist. I detect a tinge of N bias here, as if S types are good for nothing other than worker bees.

I think many ISFPs perfect their craft to a level that it will undoubtedly be a high form of art, I just don't see them as naturally artists, which is mostly founded on N and P.

I think many ISFPs perfect their craft to a level that it will undoubtedly be a high form of art.

Do you even know what you mean?