Type Singers/Musicians. | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Type Singers/Musicians.

Settle down girls.

Hmm... :m083:

Susan Boyle: ENFP
Maynard James Keenan (Tool and A Perfect Circle): INTP
Eric Clayton (Savior Machine): INTJ

I thought that was already implied with what I was asking.

I don't really understand your defensiveness. All you're doing is attempting to defend a stereotype (ISFPs being artists) to fight an other (Ss being good for nothing worker bees) while I'm claiming neither.

I don't really understand your defensiveness. All you're doing is attempting to defend a stereotype (ISFPs being artists) to fight an other (Ss being good for nothing worker bees) while I'm claiming neither.

I was just saying that this:

ISFPs are mostly craftsmen rather than artists, most people don't really differentiate between the 2 concepts or don't believe a distinction should be made.

Is bollocks.

Maynard James Keenan (Tool and A Perfect Circle): INTP

I'd say Susan Boyle is more of an I type, and Maynard James Keenan seems more ENTP to me.

How so? Your only attempt at an argument is that ISFPs are stereotypically artists.

How so? Your only attempt at an argument is that ISFPs are stereotypically artists.

And yours is "they're craftsmen". I'm the only one who has any base for my claim, be it a stereotype or not.

INTJ: Trent Reznor

I've listened to NIN for years and I can't believe I didn't notice Reznor was INTJ-ish until recently. I just associated him with masculine suffering and cynicism.

Same. His work ethic and technical mastery is legendary. And the themes of his music tend to center around existential angst, anger and feelings of alienation more than the kind of wistful sadness so typical for NF's.

NIN.jpg

I think that it is not about fact that one type is more likely to be artist than other, I think it is more about style and chacateristics each type in his/her music. For example, I guess that types with stronger Se are more likely to make rythmic or dance music, Ntypes are more likely to have long lyrics with more poetic language etc. etc.

James Blunt always seams to me for example as someone with strong Si and Fe, he is probably ISFJ. At least I get that through his music. He is very sentimental, often sings about memories or what happenned in the past.

And yours is "they're craftsmen". I'm the only one who has any base for my claim, be it a stereotype or not.

Well, they are craftsmen, they are only labeled as artists in the arts-and-crafts sense.
Art is a product of an intuitive process: abstraction, creative expression, intellectual/philosophical pursuit, human psychology, theorizing, innovation, breaking established boundaries and introspection.

Many of these traits can be shared by Ss of course, especially ISFP -which are the most intuitive of sensors- but they are typically N or more exactly NP traits.

They are only labeled as artists in the arts-and-crafts sense.

So arts and crafts don't count as art then?

Ah okay, so most people are wrong then...

Fair enough, feel free to join me in accepted reality when you feel you've had enough of your own private world.