Type Poetic Justice | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

Type Poetic Justice

Oh lol, ISFPs are the cutest men EVAR!
Blink and think, can you link the site where you got those descriptions? I feel like reading INFJ. Though honestly, I wonder if it'll offend me more than resonate with me.

Blink and think, can you link the site where you got those descriptions? I feel like reading INFJ. Though honestly, I wonder if it'll offend me more than resonate with me.

Hahaha. They're from "Best-fit Type" ---> http://www.bestfittype.com/ :m045:

I think the first-person method makes it easier for the reader to identify / not identify.

Here's INFJ:
The quest for more knowledge, the meaning of life, the philosophical questions—my mind is always occupied, and what’s exciting is when I get to follow through with an insight and do something. I am an abstract future thinker, looking at things from different perspectives. I’m about the relationships and possibilities and enjoy anything with deeper meaning that leaves me wondering, with more questions to ask and things to untangle. Connecting for me means being able to intuitively ask questions of people to get them to go deeper into the things they are talking about.

Inspiring others, helping them find their purpose or meaning, being a different kind of leader from what’s traditional—that’s really gratifying. I just do that naturally. The challenge is opening up people’s minds to have their own original thoughts. I’m a listener and guide.

I think I am a mystery to people. They never really understand me and part of me enjoys that. More often though, I long to be understood.

I tend to approach my day with a structured way of getting things accomplished. People see me as organized, thorough, and easy to get along with, pulling my own weight and eager to help out when called upon. But I’m not as outgoing or as critical as I may sometimes appear. I need a balance between people contact and working on creative projects and will break away from interactions when I get tired out. If I don’t have some long-term goals, then what’s the point?

I tend to intuitively read people very quickly, but I have to be cautious not to make assumptions. I’m an observer. I get a feeling when people are interesting, and I watch from a distance, make some assessments about the situation, and then approach them and engage in conversation. I put a little bit out and a little more and see how that goes. Do I trust and like them, are they who they say? I have a few deep friendships. A friendship comes best when it is worked to develop that investment. I quickly pick up on sincerity and withdraw if the person is superficial or obviously doesn’t care. When I see people who abuse their power or won’t stand behind what they say, that ticks me off. It’s about integrity. I feel other people’s feelings, and taking on that burden can make me too intense and serious, where I can’t be spontaneous and fun loving...

Everything revolves around growth. Caring is about the ability to help others grow. What I bring is caring about people, not things. If we spent more time trying to understand each other’s point of view, to communicate more effectively, we would grow. In an honest, open, sincere relationship, I can accomplish anything. My challenge is to create those kinds of relationships. I respect most the person who is willing to come forth and be an individual—to make the world a better place, or make a difference in a person’s life, where we reach each other’s hearts.
source: http://www.bestfittype.com/infj.html

Adding INFP too, just in case. I noticed your high Fi score:
I have a very internal focus. I think I look at myself through other people’s eyes, but sometimes I can lose touch with how things work for me. Then I can get introspective, going very deep and staying there, not coming out too quickly or easily. Somehow I find it very difficult to put into words and communicate the things that really matter to me. Most people don’t have the foggiest notion about what goes on with me.

I like harmony and seek consensus and do well with the deep issues. My values and the things that are important to me often feel outside the mainstream in the sense that I feel impinged upon and uncomfortable with so much of what goes on. I’m too private to push my values on to other people, but I am convinced that one ought to be congruent in their own life if they are going to expect congruence from others. In a sense I hold other people to that standard, and I worry about my own incongruities, inconsistencies, and contradictions. Groups can be hard. I can put myself in the group process so rapidly and so completely, and it’s important not to get sucked in. I need to be predictable about what I believe.

I am a global thinker and I like to learn interactively. My thoughts need to be connected with some person or value. On reflection, don’t all thoughts have to be connected to something? I feed new information into other things I’ve read and my thoughts, and I can have a marvelous time just sitting with ideas. And I like to discuss or write things because I seem to have a lot in my head and I’ve got to get it out. I love bringing together different eclectic ideas and seeing what’s similar. I like to have my own ideas, hear others ideas, and have ideas challenged, bantering back and forth. Chitchat has no interest for me. I tend to do a lot of mental rehearsal and play in problem solving, and the fun part is figuring out how to do something. Motivation comes when something has real meaning or value for me, and while I enjoy ideas I don’t like having my values challenged.

For me, asking questions is just a different form of being quiet, a way to explore an inner thought stream or check out of reality and back into my thoughts. Sometimes I chuckle at myself that there is really no sequential way that I work though tasks.

I’m concerned about how others feel when they are around me. Lack of honesty or ethics or integrity in interactions—when someone is saying one thing but doing another—really puts me off. So does when someone doesn’t honor, or accept as valid, my communication or feeling as I try to talk to them about something that matters to me. And I don’t need to talk about myself. I don’t enjoy it. Sometimes I’m frustrated trying to communicate, and sometimes a metaphor or a joke or a story is a way to effectively express myself so what I’m saying can be heard by someone who hears or experiences things differently.

I don’t know what I am going to do next, but I trust in myself that something will come in as a new idea, with challenge and inner meaning. Whatever it is, it will be right. Although I would never actually say it, it feels as though I am grounded in the very being of who I am when I talk like this.
source: http://www.bestfittype.com/infp.html

Last edited:
Oh, definitely the first one, INFJ. The last one seemed to be missing a point, really, 'meandering' in a word. I think it was just poorly written.

can you be an intj?

If I'm going to go by what I've read of your posts on the forum, PJ, I would have to say you seem like an INFJ to me. As for the INTJ/INTJ/INFJ/ENFJ quadrangle, I have a similar problem. When I'm stressed or if I'm working on a project that primarily challenges my introverted thinking, my Ti kind of muscles forward as dominant and Ni and Fe are pushed back, but not completely gone. So what ends up happening is that my first three functions fuse into what looks like a rickety Te and it throws my identity as a intuitive feeler for a loop. (That's at least how it's been explained to me before)

You might feel like you're different from a lot of the forum because it's clear that you have a very strong Ti and probably lean on it often. I don't think it is your dominant or secondary function, however.

So INFJ is my final answer.

Last edited:
P-O-E-T-I-C J-U-S-T-I-C-E

I types it! Where iz prize!?

P-O-E-T-I-C J-U-S-T-I-C-E

I types it! Where iz prize!?

Yr prize iz a visit from this lovely fellow:

20fp10p.jpg

Hrm, I feel both the urge to beat him with a stick, and be compassionate enough to free him.

This isn't a trap is it?

He does look like Zack Fair underneath, right? Not Vinnie Jones?D:

By the way: "ISFPs go to great lengths to please their partners."
Whipped? Awww, I kid.

Holy crap. There's not one single word or sentence in that that isn't me to a t.

The problem is that there are other description that i think that of.

Every word of that is probably a defining characteristic of mine though.

I have never tested as an s though. N is always my highest score

I hardly ever test as S.

Well, I've read about six other descriptions of isfp and none of them sound that much like me. There are a few bits which i strongly disagree with too.

They kinda sound like me but it's not a oh my god get out of my head sort of thing like the 1st person description.

This is a bit of a problem. The 1st person isfp description is the most like me that I've read whilst every infj and infp description sounds more like me than every isfp other than the 1st person one

I have no idea what this means

When do you feel best about yourself?

What makes you angry?

Tell me about oranges.

When do you feel best about yourself?

What makes you angry?

Tell me about oranges.

I feel best about myself when there is harmony in the group and i can make a valuable contribution to is. I like playing the role of the wise old sage who thinks outside the box. I don't like to think that people think i am anything special because of this though. Every one is equal regardless of their abilities.

If i amwith someone who understands my strangeness and actually likes me for it then that makes me feel great.

Injustice and bullying, especially against people who are unable to defend themselves makes me furious, even violent on occasion.

I'll assume their is a point to the oranges. I love them but most oranges aren't worth the effort it takes to get into them. I love satsumas for this reason. Pure oj is my favourite drink.

I feel best about myself when there is harmony in the group and i can make a valuable contribution to is. I like playing the role of the wise old sage who thinks outside the box. I don't like to think that people think i am anything special because of this though. Every one is equal regardless of their abilities.

If i amwith someone who understands my strangeness and actually likes me for it then that makes me feel great.

Injustice and bullying, especially against people who are unable to defend themselves makes me furious, even violent on occasion.

I'll assume their is a point to the oranges. I love them but most oranges aren't worth the effort it takes to get into them. I love satsumas for this reason. Pure oj is my favourite drink.

that actually sounds a lot like INFP :p

Se - somewhat
Si - not at all
Ne - yes
Ni - yes. Slightly more than Ne
Te - yes
Ti - yes slightly more than Te
Fe - somewhat
Fi - very much so

Going back to this. If Ni was my dominant instead of Fi what would that make me?

And yes April I am leaning towards INFP now.

Whatever I am, I am part way between J and P as I always score very low on this. Sometimes only about 4% or so and always under 10%

Going back to this. If Ni was my dominant instead of Fi what would that make me?

And yes April I am leaning towards INFP now.

Whatever I am, I am part way between J and P as I always score very low on this. Sometimes only about 4% or so and always under 10%

Ni + Fi = xNTJ. If that doesn't fit, is it possible you're just an INFP with strong Te? There are a lot of ways a Te-heavy INFP wouldn't fit the stereotype.

Do you dwell more on the past or the future?

Last edited: