Type Poetic Justice | Page 4 | INFJ Forum

Type Poetic Justice

The future

Yep that sounds like me.

Not as much as the isfp one though and as i said previously. Lots of descriptions fit me.

I thought i was intj when i first started learning of mbti.

Perhaps i don't fit a type at all. Mbti isn't perfect. I can see good arguments for infj, infp, enfj, intj, isfp and intp.

I think my use of nlp has also smudged the line between types as i don't remember which of the ideas and philosophies i believe in are mine and which come from nlp as they are all now integrated

If I'd said the past would that make of infp?

What you said about being an infp with strong Te makes sense to me

Either INTJ with ISFP secondary type, or vice versa.

I think that we start off as a particular type but as we develop we base our development off of another type. So you either started as ISFP or INTJ and developed into the other.

I'm thinking you default as an INTJ but you picked up SFP'ness along the way. You did say you suspect your friends to be mostly S types, it's not uncommon to mimic them and develop that way.

Oh i don't know!

RAAAAGH!

*pulls out hai....* oh wait, hang on.... *pulls out eyebrows*

Oh i don't know!

RAAAAGH!

*pulls out hai....* oh wait, hang on.... *pulls out eyebrows*

X-D

If I'd said the past would that make of infp?

What you said about being an infp with strong Te makes sense to me

INFPs tend to do the nostalgic/sentimental/past-focus thing. It's the Si. Sometimes, they get caught in a paralyzing Fi-Si loop:

"I can't possibly go along with this, I don't have any reliable concepts or map to anchor myself with: it's all arbitrary and untrustworthy and meaningless. I'd be diving in without any orientation; I'd be tripped up or harmed from any random direction, and my efforts wouldn't be cumulative."

Actually, maybe that will help us find an answer! When you retreat from solving a problem, are your thoughts more like that or like one of these?

"I can't possibly go along with this, 'cuz it's all a lie. It's all a set-up by the Man. I'd just be serving his interests and not my own. I'm not gonna be suckered by this. No way, man, I gotta go my own way."
"I can't possibly go along with this, because it would mar my soul. I am a good person, and in order to stay a good person, I need to steer clear of this. This is the responsibility of those other people: it emerges from their souls, not mine, so it's their problem."

The third one is most like me then the second one.

The first one isn't me. I don't mind undefined things as it gives me the opportunity of being the one to define it

I feel best about myself when there is harmony in the group and i can make a valuable contribution to is. I like playing the role of the wise old sage who thinks outside the box. I don't like to think that people think i am anything special because of this though. Every one is equal regardless of their abilities.

If i amwith someone who understands my strangeness and actually likes me for it then that makes me feel great.

Injustice and bullying, especially against people who are unable to defend themselves makes me furious, even violent on occasion.

This sounds much more like Fe than Fi to me.

Is there some reason you aren't considering INFJ?

You earlier claimed that you thought your Ti was better than your Te, which would make sense if Ti is your tertiary. INFJ would also fit your claim that you are more Ni than Ne, somewhat Se, and not Si at all.

For the longest time i thought i was infj.

It is still one of the top possibilities

The third one is most like me then the second one.

That's INTJ.

But now that the INFJ question has been raised, here's the one that would be INFJ's way to avoid taking action:

"I can't possibly go along with this, because it makes no sense. It's filled with internal contradictions. It's trying to shove an inappropriately a priori conceptual structure onto the reality. I will have to go by feel, and where it leads I can't know until I get there."

id say INFP, if not that then INFJ.

That's INTJ.

But now that the INFJ question has been raised, here's the one that would be INFJ's way to avoid taking action:

Meh. That barely even makes sense to me

I guess it would if i was infj though huh