Trump Suggests Delaying US Election in November | Page 4 | INFJ Forum

Trump Suggests Delaying US Election in November

Meh, Mel Brooks was weird. I choose to go the Mel Blanc route

4192ac7a40d54a6c337b70b57626d5b7.gif

Meh, Mel Blanc was weird. I choose to go the Mel Gibson route.

A5Io.gif

Ok so here we have people who claim not to give a shit giving a shit enough to hassle the people who give a shit lol. You guys are really too cool to care. Kewl. Hop on over back to 4chan and let the grown ups continue the conversation.
lol

If you wanted to effect a holocaust of nihilists, 4chan would be the perfect tool - a black hole of absurdist cool that they could all fall into and presumably die of concentrated irony.

Sure we'd lose a lot of NTPs, but I think it's how they would like to go anyway.

Reactions: Reason and acd
Is there anyone who actually considers what I write in these threads?
You're most likely correct in that nothing will come of it. It's probably just a distraction from the abysmal economic news that came out today. No one, not even congressional Republicans back him on it. But do you consider the concern of those who find such cavalier suggestions from the president a problem? I think it means more than just a flippant suggestion. It's deeper than that.

Last edited:
You're most likely correct in that nothing will come of it.
As I suspected
It's probably just a distraction from the abysmal economic news that came out today. No one, not even congressional Republicans back him on it. But do you consider the concern of those who find such cavalier suggestions from the president a problem? I think it means more than just a flippant suggestion. It's deeper than that.
I could answer but apparently that would be pointless.

People have opinions, thoughts and feelings that are different wrong pointless
IiFqNnX.png

Your country is starting to scare me a bit. Being that I don't live there, I have the luxury of stepping back and hoping that it will just blow over and come November the election will go off smoothly and Trump will be gone.

The thing that concerns me is that there is actually support from people for the things Trump says and does, and it doesn't appear to be a small amount of people either. The fact that he actually thinks he can suggest delaying the election and putting it on the table at all is a major concern. It surprises me to see apathy towards him as well, given everything else that's happened over his entire term. There is just no way he should have ever been President in the first place, but I guess that's America, right?

Your country is starting to scare me a bit. Being that I don't live there, I have the luxury of stepping back and hoping that it will just blow over and come November the election will go off smoothly and Trump will be gone.

The thing that concerns me is that there is actually support from people for the things Trump says and does, and it doesn't appear to be a small amount of people either. The fact that he actually thinks he can suggest delaying the election and putting it on the table at all is a major concern. It surprises me to see apathy towards him as well, given everything else that's happened over his entire term. There is just no way he should have ever been President in the first place, but I guess that's America, right?
It is a major concern. It should concern everyone in the US regardless of party affiliation. But people are used to 4 years of being gaslit by Trump so many don't take anything seriously. You can say something and not even mean it or claim to not mean it but it still plants an idea in someone's mind. Especially if you keep repeating it or alluding to it. Words are powerful. It's one way he is chipping away at our democracy. He will come out and say he was joking and didn't mean it or being sarcastic and people will slowly begin to accept the idea that delaying the vote isn't such a big deal. All the while he is planting seeds of unfounded doubt on voting so that if he loses, he can claim fraud and refuse to accept the results-- which he has stated he may do. And he will get dragged out of the WH in January if that happens, but what's left after are a population segment of even more entrenched conspiracy theorists who help pave the way for someone even worse than Trump.

Last edited:
It is a major concern. It should concern everyone in the US regardless of party affiliation. But people are used to 4 years of being gaslit by Trump so many don't take anything seriously. You can say something and not even mean it or claim to not mean it but it still plants an idea in someone's mind. Especially if you keep repeating it or alluding to it. Words are powerful. It's one way he is chipping away at our democracy. He will come out and say he was joking and didn't mean it or being sarcastic and people will slowly begin to accept the idea that delaying the vote isn't such a big deal. All the while he is planting seeds of unfounded doubt on voting so that if he loses, he can claim fraud and refuse to accept the results-- which he has stated he may do. And he will get dragged out of the WH in January if that happens, but what's left after are a population segment of even more entrenched conspiracy theorists who help pave the way for someone even worse than Trump.
The problem I see now is that most people, even his opposition, are comfortable just writing it off by saying "Oh Trump is just being Trump," without recognizing how absolutely insane it is that he's allowed to hold the highest office in the country and say all of the insane shit he does with absolutely zero accountability. I mean his Impeachment is a great example of deep and vile corruption and now suddenly that's ancient history. There is so much noise in the USA in some ways I don't blame people for mentally withdrawing from it to protect their own mental health and sanity.

From my perspective he should never have been in the running to begin with, but he's a symptom of deeper issues, so I don't know if this freight train could have been prevented from going off the rails anyway.

he's a symptom of deeper issues,

his supporters love him because he openly expresses what they can not. . white supremacy. that is the central trump base issue. they will never acknowledge it of course, but that is the binding issue that ties them together, and what he is campaigning on

The thing is, he's not even a good conservative.

He's completely dropped the ball strategically with his bungling of the Sino-American 'trade war', among other things, and I'm hoping that he gets attacked from the right itself by cooler heads in the Republican party.

What concerned me from the beginning was his overuse of executive powers like executive orders and pardons, not to mention his touting of a Venezuelan invasion and other wacko ideas - I'm quite sure that he has the will and impulsiveness to do practically anything, including refusing to leave office.

Reactions: Sandie33 and acd
As I suspected

I could answer but apparently that would be pointless.
Yeah there is a huge thing going on in threads like these that opposite opinions and point of views are shut down. Or that by sharing an alternative point of view we are attempting to shut down a conversation.

I understand that these conversations are very emotional. I sympathize with the fear and concerns. I don't like that when I enter these threads I'm greeted with attacks on my character, told things like to "GTFO" and so on. It makes it difficult to even engage in conversation.

People are not being casual or dismissive of Trump; they are reacting, appropriately, to exaggerated sensationalizing of everything that he does. And everything that happens in the country in general. All of the news is crafted to get people's emotions pumping and angry and distracted. Facts and realities are ignored. The entire premise of this thread is based on a remark that leads to a hypothetical scenario that hasn't even happened yet, that we have absolutely no concrete evidence that it will.

Given the pandemic, paper mail in ballets make sense and for as much as people have been angry at Trump for not dealing with the pandemic in the idealized way that they would like him to, perhaps there is some legitimacy in delaying the election. Did anyone even discuss what his reasons were and possible outcomes?

All that I have read on this thread is fear mongering that because Trump made this remark he wants to stay president forever.

None of this discussion is linear, it skips around to whatever issue anyone is upset about and then bundled into the pandemic and presidency. I get it; we are all under pressure, stressed. Many people unable to leave their homes. This can cause major psychological problems. I suppose if discussing things in this way is cathartic for you, good on you. But discussing things the way that I discuss them is cathartic for me and we have to have room for honest discussion and difference of thought, even if it is upsetting.

Yeah there is a huge thing going on in threads like these that opposite opinions and point of views are shut down. Or that by sharing an alternative point of view we are attempting to shut down a conversation.

I understand that these conversations are very emotional. I sympathize with the fear and concerns. I don't like that when I enter these threads I'm greeted with attacks on my character, told things like to "GTFO" and so on. It makes it difficult to even engage in conversation.

People are not being casual or dismissive of Trump; they are reacting, appropriately, to exaggerated sensationalizing of everything that he does. And everything that happens in the country in general. All of the news is crafted to get people's emotions pumping and angry and distracted. Facts and realities are ignored. The entire premise of this thread is based on a remark that leads to a hypothetical scenario that hasn't even happened yet, that we have absolutely no concrete evidence that it will.

Given the pandemic, paper mail in ballets make sense and for as much as people have been angry at Trump for not dealing with the pandemic in the idealized way that they would like him to, perhaps there is some legitimacy in delaying the election. Did anyone even discuss what his reasons were and possible outcomes?

All that I have read on this thread is fear mongering that because Trump made this remark he wants to stay president forever.

None of this discussion is linear, it skips around to whatever issue anyone is upset about and then bundled into the pandemic and presidency. I get it; we are all under pressure, stressed. Many people unable to leave their homes. This can cause major psychological problems. I suppose if discussing things in this way is cathartic for you, good on you. But discussing things the way that I discuss them is cathartic for me and we have to have room for honest discussion and difference of thought, even if it is upsetting.
Good on you for standing your ground, slant.

I don't always agree with either your ideas about things or how you approach topics, but you do exercise a respectable autonomy and sovereignty of thought.

In any case, ideas or opinions are always malleable and provisional - they don't attach to the person. I hope you don't feel isolated or unloved when you're disagreed with.

Reactions: slant
Good on you for standing your ground, slant.

I don't always agree with either your ideas about things or how you approach topics, but you do exercise a respectable autonomy and sovereignty of thought.

In any case, ideas or opinions are always malleable and provisional - they don't attach to the person. I hope you don't feel isolated or unloved when you're disagreed with.
Thank you, this is a nice post. I don't take other people's reactions to me as a reflection of who I am as a person; it is simply how they interpret me based on their lens of view which is heavily influenced by at of the experiences in their life that they've had that I don't know about.

And I realize that here, too. That we don't really know the context of each other and why we react the way that we do. We will never fully comprehend another person's life experience, but in a sense that's why it's so beautiful when we can get along and have discussions and share what we think and feel.

I apologise if my remarks have made it seem like I don't think others have the right to express their point of view. I think what I meant is that I find the way in which those thoughts are being communicated difficult to have a conversation with. It doesn't seem like in these threads if someone was to come in and give reasoning for why what Trump said is a good idea that this would be allowed.

If I understood that these threads were vent threads, and that the intention is to express frustration and that nobody wants open discussion, then I think I could respect that. I suppose I just didn't feel like that's how they're set up.