Trump Suggests Delaying US Election in November | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Trump Suggests Delaying US Election in November

I would pay to see this outcome. PAY.
Or he could nominate....
Hillary.
giphy.gif

As long as I've been part of the electorate, I've never voted in person.

I think postal voting is a useful option for increasing turnout and participation in elections for low-corruption countries, supposing that there are sufficient means in place to detect, correct and punish fraud.

It's non-controversial here, pretty popular (as in, widely utilised), and has been that way for a couple of decades.

I think the infrastructure of the US is easily capable of managing a postal voting system, though the country has a more recent history with alleged large-scale electoral fraud (e.g. the Bush recounts) and a few more layers of complexity and scale than the medium-sized unitary states who make use of it already. Of course, most of all Americans probably exhibit a lower confidence in their own state and bureaucracy than practically any comparable developed-world counterpart, so the whole thing is pretty much designed to make people nervous.

Cut the guru shit.
I don't know how I'm supposed to respond to this.

You wrote this, slanty:

Hard to misinterpret, lol.
I have the right to my opinions. How people interpret their opinions, the intentions and emotional spin they put on it, is their interpretation.

It's disturbing to me to see the way that discussions devolve these days into endless catastrophizing and fear mongering. It is like watching a cow chew it's own cud. The amount of anxiety and fear and anger in these threads is worrying to see. Instead of working though the possibilities and understanding that we will deal with these hypothetical situations when they happen, there seems to be a fixation on taking an piece of information and spiralling it into a bigger, non evidence based theory of speculation that's distressing to people who are involved in the discussion.

But why? Why get all upset about something that you don't know is going to happen? Why paint this fantasy of horror when we don't know what's going to happen?

I have the right to my opinions. How people interpret their opinions, the intentions and emotional spin they put on it, is their interpretation.

It's disturbing to me to see the way that discussions devolve these days into endless catastrophizing and fear mongering. It is like watching a cow chew it's own cud. The amount of anxiety and fear and anger in these threads is worrying to see. Instead of working though the possibilities and understanding that we will deal with these hypothetical situations when they happen, there seems to be a fixation on taking an piece of information and spiralling it into a bigger, non evidence based theory of speculation that's distressing to people who are involved in the discussion.

But why? Why get all upset about something that you don't know is going to happen? Why paint this fantasy of horror when we don't know what's going to happen?
For what it's worth, I didn't detect much 'anxiety and fear and anger' as much as a sober political discussion by an informed electorate in an important election year.

This thread reads quite normal to me and not particularly 'emotional'. A news story was shared, and the responses were mostly citizens expressing their desire to defend and uphold the democratic values of their republic. While that might be something 'important' and therefore with emotional resonances (as it should be), I think there's a difference between that tone and the 'emotional' one you suggest.

It's quite possible to talk about things that are important to people, and to express sentiments like resolve, disdain and disapproval, &c., without those things being indicative of an overly emotional or irrational approach.

I like you slant. But I'm going to be honest with you here.

No one has painted a fantasy of horror. It seems like you have the issues with current events but keep projecting them onto everyone else. Maybe you have difficulty discussing them or acknowledging them.

You come into these threads and it seems your contribution is to always shut it down and then treat people condescendingly. And now we are talking about you. And not the topic at hand. Which some of us think is important and worth discussing even if you do not.

For what it's worth, I didn't detect much 'anxiety and fear and anger' as much as a sober political discussion by an informed electorate in an important election year.

This thread reads quite normal to me and not particularly 'emotional'. A news story was shared, and the responses were mostly citizens expressing their desire to defend and uphold the democratic values of their republic. While that might be something 'important' and therefore with emotional resonances (as it should be), I think there's a difference between that tone and the 'emotional' one you suggest.

It's quite possible to talk about things that are important to people, and to express sentiments like resolve, disdain and disapproval, &c., without those things being indicative of an overly emotional or irrational approach.
That's not how I view this thread myself but thank you for your perspective.

I like you slant. But I'm going to be honest with you here.

No one has painted a fantasy of horror. It seems like you have the issues with current events but keep projecting them onto everyone else. Maybe you have difficulty discussing them or acknowledging them.

You come into these threads and it seems your contribution is to always shut it down and then treat people condescendingly. And now we are talking about you. And not the topic at hand. Which some of us think is important and worth discussing even if you do not.
I don't agree with how you view the situation, thank you for sharing, and I will continue to share my point of view, though it is different than yours.