Top Tips: Helping an INFJ Survive in an Extroverts World | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

Top Tips: Helping an INFJ Survive in an Extroverts World

Note that I'm not mad at you but I hate the P vs J shit. There is no such thing as a P or J trait, they're manifestations of the cognitive functions. As introverted judgers, we lead with our perceiving function. Personally, I'm pretty split between P vs J traits and it's because of Ni which acts to both perceive and converge.

/Rant

P is Pe with Ji first, J is Je with Pi first.
There's a difference.

And btw J/P is in the MBTI, not in Jung.
There's also a big difference there.

Reactions: Nixie
P is Pe with Ji first, J is Je with Pi first.
There's a difference.

I said the only difference came from the manifestations of the CF's, which is what you basically just showed. The idea that all P's have a dirty room and J's are excruciatingly organized is a load of crap.

And btw J/P is in the MBTI, not in Jung.
There's also a big difference there.

But MBTI is based on Jung and his CF's, so there really isn't much of a difference. And J vs P comes from trying to organize the CF's in terms of which one is introverted and which one is extroverted.

I said the only difference came from the manifestations of the CF's, which is what you basically just showed. The idea that all P's have a dirty room and J's are excruciatingly organized is a load of crap.

But MBTI is based on Jung and his CF's, so there really isn't much of a difference. And J vs P comes from trying to organize the CF's in terms of which one is introverted and which one is extroverted.
Js are future oriented thinkers, while Ps are present oriented. the usage exists for a reason.

I didn't say that.
The world is very heavily structured.
That's what I meant.

J/P division doesn't exist in Jung.
That's in MBTI. MBTI does refer Js as structured, organized and blahblahblah. That's what I was refering to.
The OP most likely meant extrovert in the MBTI way too.

Js are future oriented thinkers, while Ps are present oriented. the usage exists for a reason.

I realize the usage exists for a reason. Why else would it be there if it had no reason?

Take for example these traits listed on myersbriggs.org for j vs p...

J's

• I like to have things decided.
  • I appear to be task oriented.
  • I like to make lists of things to do.
  • I like to get my work done before playing.
  • I plan work to avoid rushing just before a deadline.
  • Sometimes I focus so much on the goal that I miss new information.
P's

• I like to stay open to respond to whatever happens.
  • I appear to be loose and casual. I like to keep plans to a minimum.
  • I like to approach work as play or mix work and play.
  • I work in bursts of energy.
  • I am stimulated by an approaching deadline.
  • Sometimes I stay open to new information so long I miss making decisions when they are needed.
I honestly can identify with almost every one of these on a large level. Does that make me split P/J? Yeah, sure, not everybody will align such as I do but what does that mean for my CF's? Does that all the sudden mean that i use Fi just as much as Ni? Nope. Because you're type comes down from cognitive functions due to the fact that this is how your type is derived. P/J is just a way to organize your CF's into a system. The J vs P traits are generalizations drawn from what manifests out of the CF's.

Are xNxP's not future oriented?

I didn't say that.
The world is very heavily structured.
That's what I meant.

J/P division doesn't exist in Jung.
That's in MBTI. MBTI does refer Js as structured, organized and blahblahblah. That's what I was refering to.
The OP most likely meant extrovert in the MBTI way too.

mbti sought to organize the CF's. The only new letters that MBTI came out with was J and P, so that there could be structure in determining what CF's are introverted and extroverted.

I also was not aware that MBTI had it's own definition of extrovert apart from Jung's (or so your post implies).

Learn to smile! :) :) :)

I had a co-worker tell me once that he could say anything to anyone and get away with it as long as he was smiling... and it's true! He and I were polar opposites, politically, and would argue any chance we got but always end up laughing and smiling about it afterwards.

*resists urge*
*resists urge*

NOOOOO..... I can't.....must...not....comment....nooooo...*gurgle*

Lets get ready to rummmmble J v P smackdown coming at you liiiivvveee..
I couldn't resist!

(my money is on the ferret)

Last edited:
Reactions: grt$5vb and bickelz
*resists urge*
*resists urge*

NOOOOO..... I can't.....must...not....comment....nooooo...*gurgle*

Lets get ready to rummmmble J v P smackdown coming at you liiiivvveee..
I couldn't resist!

(my money is on the ferret)
..So do I.
There's another topic for this.......but...gaaargh. anothertopicanothertopicanothertopichshduihfudhsufhuds

Reactions: grt$5vb
Post Edited...

Ahh received request and decided to honor said request although I didn't really want to....

See, I can play nice.

Reactions: Kmal
I have only one tip: become more Fe-ied. This should come naturaly for INFJs, who have Fe as their second function.
There are INFJs who one can't recognise them as being INFJs (the typical "deep and special" INFJ)...its just their Fe.

Cherish your introversion and don´t try to fix it. Listen to yourself, your needs, your feelings and find a good (small) company. Don´t be afraid of confrontation and negative feedback and don´t let these negative feelings swallow you. People are just the way the are.Not everything is your fault, not everything is made to be changed, not everyone understands you.

There nothing wrong with being introverted but just don't let it interfere with your desire to interact with others in the way you see fit and its fine as long as its not a fear of people like social anxiety.I am introvert and never get nervous around extroverts im pretty talkative for a introvert though and I usually start and carry most conversations with people around me but I hate small talk and just pretend to like to get by at work and if I go to a party I say hello to everyone and bring my kindle with me then just start reading for the rest of the party,i get bored with people so easily but I know if I isolate myself I get very depressed so I will go places with a lot of people and do introverted things or when I play games I will socially interact with people and text my friend every once in a while,most extroverts don't have a problem with introvert as long as your friendly with them and explain to them what a introvert is.

Last edited: