Top Tips: Helping an INFJ Survive in an Extroverts World

InvisibleJim

Banned
Dec 13, 2010
MBTI
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
You know it's true.. I see it... I'm told it, frequently. These upset INFJs who don't want to bring forward their ideas due to the crowds of angry extroverts demanding they acquiesce.

Bring forth and share with the forum your top tips for Helping an INFJ Survive in an Extroverts World.

- be less weird
- be attractive
- help people with stuff
- make witty (but fun) remarks

Reactions: Bird
Learn to be selfish. I know that sounds crazy. But I found if your nice and generous and normally an idealistic. People will use you up and throw you away. You have to learn how to say no. To take care of yourself without guilt. Its probably the hardest thing. We have to ignore our Fe but if we are survive long it has to be done.

Reactions: Jill Hives
Smile.

Say hi to everyone.

Works alright for me :)

Relax.

You know it's true.. I see it... I'm told it, frequently. These upset INFJs who don't want to bring forward their ideas due to the crowds of angry extroverts demanding they acquiesce.

Bring forth and share with the forum your top tips for Helping an INFJ Survive in an Extroverts World.

3 sure fire ways to get what you want:

1. Smile and be pleasant
2. participate even if you are embarrassed.
3. dont take criticism to heart, most people are morons.

Reactions: grt$5vb and Nixie
Learn to be selfish. I know that sounds crazy. But I found if your nice and generous and normally an idealistic. People will use you up and throw you away. You have to learn how to say no. To take care of yourself without guilt. Its probably the hardest thing. We have to ignore our Fe but if we are survive long it has to be done.

My argument here would be that the world created by this isn't worth surviving in anyways; One good point, though, is that selfishness and selflessness are ~not not not not not not not not~ mutually exclusive. There is almost always an option of choices that can satisfy the need of the self AND the need of the group simultaneously. Read John Nash

My argument here would be that the world created by this isn't worth surviving in anyways; One good point, though, is that selfishness and selflessness are ~not not not not not not not not~ mutually exclusive. There is almost always an option of choices that can satisfy the need of the self AND the need of the group simultaneously. Read John Nash

you gotta extrapolate what she means. you've got to have enough self worth to say no to people, take care of yourself, and love yourself. then people can reciprocate! its hard to love someone who doesnt love themself, eh?

Last edited:
ew! of course the world is worth surviving in; because you're in it!!!

anyway, she explained it well enough-- you've got to have enough self worth to say no to people, take care of yourself, and love yourself. then people can reciprocate!

Exactly @Kmal you got what I wanted to say perfectly

expect I'm a guy not a girl. :mhula::m027:

Reactions: Kmal
I have a hard time empathizing with people who dont know how to get along with other people, maybe its because I am getting older and I have been around the block a few times, but social crap is just a big game everyone plays based on insecurities and images all meant to minimize hurt and embarrassment. Being a deep introvert doesnt mean you have to be left out and scared of the world, its like anything else in life, ever been cliff diving? At some point you have to end the hesitation and get to the moment of truth and take the plunge, that or get off the edge and go home as a failure and dont try that again.

But once you take the plunge, it gets easier every time. Social adeptness is much like a muscle, the only way to strength it and make it more efficient is to practice, participate, and flex it.

I could really benefit from this thread.
More, please.

I could really benefit from this thread.
More, please.

Try less thinking and more doing, even if its just to press buttons and see what happens. It works.

extravert /=/ introvert

you gotta be right with yourself, hence the introversion; extraverts gotta be right with their place in the world. hence you dont need acceptance from them first, you need to accept yourself first so they will accept you.

Reactions: Blind Bandit
extravert /=/ introvert

you gotta be right with yourself, hence the introversion; extraverts gotta be right with their place in the world. hence you dont need acceptance from them first, you need to accept yourself first so they will accept you.

What if I'm not right with either? Maybe that just makes me insecure..

What if I'm not right with either? Maybe that just makes me insecure..
nope, it makes you a work in progress. you just gotta find out which one it is-- for extraverts to feel right with their place in the world, that world can be very, very small. it is a small world, after all. though, it all starts with you, because extroversion and introversion are one in the same-- just 2 ends of the spectrum. :)

It depends on the day. Most of the time I observe, watch everyone in the room. If someone piques my interest I go over and talk to them. Pick out one person, and focus on them. I find that I overwhelm myself talking with a group of people. I get overstimulated and have to back off.
[MENTION=3473]InvisibleJim[/MENTION], I agree with you. Relax! I have to remind myself to breath when I walk into a packed store, or drive on a busy highway. High density anything makes my brain short circuit.

-Anna

To survive in an extroverts world.

1: Get all your alone time in and be energized. Don't be a downer.

2: Get off the internet and stop over thinking how to act. EDIT: You know what, dont even think about it at all. Just be yourself. If people dont like you its not cause your a introvert its cause you are a jerk of some sort.

3: Be pleasant.

It's too bad this thread is titled "survive" I feel like what you really want to do is "thrive" which is much different.

nope, it makes you a work in progress. you just gotta find out which one it is-- for extraverts to feel right with their place in the world, that world can be very, very small. it is a small world, after all. though, it all starts with you, because extroversion and introversion are one in the same-- just 2 ends of the spectrum. :)

Oh believe me: my world is very, very small. Though I can't say that I'm quite comfortable with it which perhaps is a good thing in my case. Are you saying that one should find balance between the two? There are times when I consider myself introverted just as there are times when I believe I am extroverted. Though I feel at this point I'm mainly taking the negative characteristics of the two. Or are you suggesting that I should find my place and lean towards one end of the spectrum?