Thoughts on the 2012 doomsday theory? | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Thoughts on the 2012 doomsday theory?

Eckart Tolle is a funny dude :m131:

It is easy to speculate about an infinite number of possible doomsday scenarios, but we are already living in uncertain times. Never before has there been this sort of political, economic, environmental, and social climate on a global scale. I'm more concerned about what will happen tomorrow than what will happen in 2012. Just imagine if you had been staying at a hotel in Mumbai, India or hanging around a Walmart in Long Island, New York this week.

agreed

Pffft what would the Mayans know anyway?

Could happen in 2012, could happen tomorrow, might never happen, the future is unwritten, no point worrying about it now.

"We are living in the end times" is a timeless slogan. People always believe it's all going to end soon. I think it has to do with our own role in our subjective realities. Everyone is his/her own life's main character. And surely the hero wouldn't die before the conclusion.

I mean come on, I read somewhere that over a third of americans believe that Jesus will return within their lifetimes and bring forth the final judgement. Sure, the numbers propably aren't accurate, but that's still a lot of people.

Heh. If it ends it will be our doing. :p

Honestly? There are SO MANY Apocalypse and Dooms Day Theories out there that it's pretty impossible to tell what is BS and what not. Some say in 2012 the World will "go down", some say in 2012 "People will start to think different"...so...yeah. What a Mess.
Personally I think it is possible that the World will "go down one Day" or that People will start to "think different". Actually I would want that. The Thinking-Thing at least, the other I dun care too much. When we have to die, we have to die.
In any Case...yeah I will see. Whatever comes, I am not letting myself get scared, freaked or whatever. Whatever happens happens. I am gonna take it. *shrug*

There seems to be only mention of the Mayans, What about Edgar Cayce, and Sybil from Cumaean a cave near modern day Naples? The "I Ching" a book made over 5000 years ago in East Asia and played an important role in desicion making. There is also a certain Merlin (prophets used by English Kings) he predicted 2012.

All of these prophecies point to one date. Seems its 2012.

Last edited:
like starting your own anti-zombie army cult

Last edited by a moderator:
There seems to be only mention of the Mayans, What about Edgar Cayce, and Sybil from Cumaean a cave near modern day Naples? The "I Ching" a book made over 5000 years ago in East Asia and played an important role in desicion making. There is also a certain Merlin (prophets used by English Kings) he predicted 2012.

All of these prophecies point to one date. Seems its 2012.

I'm sticking with my tech advancements theory (which isn't mine) that will propel humanity to new biological and intellectual heights. I'm really trying to avoid botox and all that crap, anyway. lol.

What do ya guys think. Let's just move the date up to 2009. Numerologically it works for me. 11. My life path number. :mno: Number of the spiritual warrior, :m171: combined with my chinese year of the monkey makes me a spiritual monkey warrior...mmmm, I digress.

What DOES the I Ching say about 2012? hmm. Unfamiliar with this.

What did the Mayans say?

Forget it, don't even try to enlighten me. I'll google.

Heh, I got a kick out of this site, which gives 3.5 predictions for The End of The World in 2012. Two of those reference the Mayan/Aztec Calendars as support. There are several "multi-prediction" years, including 5 predictions for 1988.

It's a bible-based article, so I only skimmed, but entertaining nevertheless.

Library of Date Setters of
The End of the World!!!

Over 200 predictions and counting!
Yes the end is coming, but all human predictions are wrong!

http://www.bible.ca/pre-date-setters.htm
Which lists, I assume, as many "officially declared" end of the world dates as they could gather.

Heh, I got a kick out of this site, which gives 3.5 predictions for The End of The World in 2012. Two of those reference the Mayan/Aztec Calendars as support. There are several "multi-prediction" years, including 5 predictions for 1988.

It's a bible-based article, so I only skimmed, but entertaining nevertheless.

Which lists, I assume, as many "officially declared" end of the world dates as they could gather.

Goodness, Zen, the font alone turns me away. I found this interesting...

[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/V8MXwQXKW_w&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/V8MXwQXKW_w&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited:
The guy presents a reasonable attitude; it's never good to ignore information from the past that could be of some use. His theory about a recurring event that has been remembered from times before modern record-keeping is plausible, because humans have had at least 100,000 years or so to recognize such patterns through oral traditions, and there are some regularly patterned occurrences in the cosmos that could affect us. We should keep our eyes peeled for objects coming from the Oort cloud.

I :m085: Graham Hancock.

i dun't think it'll happen...i mean it's just a calendar that is ending....but our calendar ends every year...so does that mean that just because our calendar ends...the world ends? haha lol just pointin out..

i dun't think it'll happen...i mean it's just a calendar that is ending....but our calendar ends every year...so does that mean that just because our calendar ends...the world ends? haha lol just pointin out..

One could always create a new calendar I suppose. Or even one could always not believe in silly superstitions - not to mean we couldn't still create new calendars, and things.

Last edited:
Thank you guys for posting on this. For some reason such talk about the end of the world has ALWAYS frightened me to the core. I don't know why.
In any case - it was really reassuring to read some of your theories, etc.... It really helped me think about it differently and realize that the 'end' isn't always the 'end' - sometimes it is a beginning. Which - a beginning with people who actually are 'connected' would be really pretty cool. (as long as I, and the people I like, are included. LOL)

I shall write what I have written in the past "I have nothing to fear the world ended in the year 2000" remember Y2k, global warming is a myth further study is needed...Life is too short to worry about things like when the world will end and whatnot ^_^

Last edited:
Oh, it will happen, believe me. How it will, and how severe it will be? I have no idea. Nevertheless, it will happen. I mean, you can already see signs.

What do you mean Indigo? Do you feel this way intuitively or is it based on things you've read/heard/watched?

I think there will be a radical shift in thinking in ways that are unforeseen at the moment; however, we do know that technology is also growing exponentially. This may play a part, but to the extent of how this will effect us as human beings is somewhat beyond our abilities to completely comprehend at this time.

What I have been reading on this is that human intelligence will become vastly more intelligent than it is today. Perhaps we will finally understand the true nature of our exisitence and relationship to the universe. Those who are unable to get "connected" will be seen as the neanderthals of our world. They will be the beings still hooked on violence, hatred, predjudices and so forth.

I've more or less read things that state the same ideas. I think the world is in transition now.

I don't think the world will explode or the poles will reverse or something unbelievable (I hope) will happen in Dec 2012 - at least I hope not. Rather, I think that date is a marker in time, and that's why things are changing right now. So that by the time we reach 2012, the energy of Earth and humanity will have vastly changed. I don't know if 2012 'calls' for that kind of changed energy - or if such a thing occurs - or WHY 2012 exists as that marker in time... maybe the changes will be more metaphysical than anything else. Maybe we're just building momentum at this point, as we're heading towards 2012...

Whatever it is, I hope it is good. And by good, I don't only mean beneficial in the long-run or in a metaphysical way, but good in a way we can humanly discern and appreciate. That means no suffering. I want peace and security in this world..

What do you mean Indigo? Do you feel this way intuitively or is it based on things you've read/heard/watched?

It is a mix of both really. I look into things, hear things, feel things, ect. Then decide if they make sense or feel right to me. One of the best ways I can explain it is that the 2012 scenario (I don't call it an apycoplaps because the world isn't going to fall apart at the seems, we are close enough now to see that much) is a large set of possiblites.

I was on the phone with my mom earlier today and we were talking about alot of things relating to this. She was telling me how there was a man who passed away a while ago. When he died, he told his mother he would return to her in the spiritual world within 10 years with messages. She has been getting messages from him. One that we were discussing was the issue with china. Even just a few years ago, there was a worry that china could invade the US and cause a major war. That timeline is now gone. The world's frequency had changed and that possibllity no longer exsits.

Really, there are countless things that could happen, but they are all possibllites. It is like taking a photograph. You see things at an exact moment, but later on things can change. That is largely how I view the 2012 scenario. I just listen, and see what feels right, and form my own explination of it.

I hope that helps explain it. It is kind of hard to describe.