This is not a pet store | INFJ Forum

This is not a pet store

VH

Variable Hybrid
Feb 12, 2009
MBTI
NFJedi
I'm getting really tired of people coming to these forums with the intention of finding an INFJ, like we're some sort of pets. Just because some website somewhere said INFJs would be a good match for you, doesn't mean we're here to service you, or are looking to become your pet human. We're real people who have real feelings, desires, and needs. One of them is not to feel like an accessory or a servant.

I'm just sayin.

The questions asked here are almost never along the lines of how do I make an INFJ happy? Or what do I do to take care of an INFJ? They're almost always along the lines of Where can I get one? Are they really as awesome as everyone says? What can I get one to do for me? How do I catch mine?

Here's a tip to all of you who are looking to add us to your collection...

You're much more likely to catch one of us if you treat us like human beings and try to figure out what WE want, rather than how well we will fit what YOU want, because the reason we make such good partners is we automatically figure that out. If you can't do this for us, why in the world would we want to waste our time on you?

Down boy!

Sorry...couldn't resist.

I think people's intentions are good. Humans are just very egotistic beings on the internet. The internet is often seen a tool to satisfy needs, and people forget from time to time that they are communicating with other people. The get caught up in the gratification of finding people who can understand them and want to bring that into the real world. It may come off as possessive or selfish, but I think people are just pursuing their happiness and you really can't blame them for doing that even if it clashes with your Fe. Not everyone who comes here is an INFJ, and to assume that they are all going to carry the same level of concern for others that you do might be setting a pretty unattainable standard for some types.

In essence, this is the same pattern as what happened on INTPCentral. The people there got tired of communicating with types that were not as logical and critical as them and so they started segregating and banning. I would hate to see this place end up the same way just because people are not as compassionate or empathetic as INFJs.

Last edited:
Reactions: Raccoon Love
But mine is so cute, I taught it to sit the other day!

Reactions: Gaze
AWWWWW, does that mean I have to dig up the 12 buried in my back yard???

HRMPH!!

Von - very well said, and very true. :)

I came on this site to connect with other INFJs, not to teach others how to catch our kind. t-hee

Satya- very good points as well.
We must be patient with them. :)

But mine is so cute, I taught it to sit the other day!

hahaha!!!

Last edited:
so, does this mean that the idea of an infjs forum dating service is out? i'm just saying'. :m155:

so, does this mean that the idea of an infjs forum dating service is out? i'm just saying'. :m155:
No!!!! That was my only chance at getting laid anytime soon...you can't do that to me!

Reactions: Blind Bandit
No!!!! That was my only chance at getting laid anytime soon...you can't do that to me!

:mcute:pwetty pweeze???

You really want that? I'd need some help setting it up, last couple times I attempted it, it fell flat on its face from no aid.

You really want that? I'd need some help setting it up, last couple times I attempted it, it fell flat on its face from no aid.
Not really. I wouldn't actually partake in it, but if other members were interested, I don't see how it would be a bad idea.

:m145:i was kidding about the dating service. really, don't listen to me. don't take me seriously.

DON'T DO IT!!!

Last edited:
Aw, no dating service? But mf, I thought that it had been....a REALLY long time... :p

Sadly it's been far, far too long...No whoopee for mf.

Well, sadly, no whoopee for me either.

I feel your pain!!!

Damn, I thought this was a online petting zoo, hence the monkeys. :m183:

My true reason however for coming onto this site was to understand more about MBTI. I was on the INTJ forums but left and joined here. I find it eaiser to talk with INFJ's rather than INTJ's and also I tend to get along with them better in general (don't get me wrong, one of my best friends is a INTJ). My other reason for coming here was to understand and learn about INFJ's.

Also INFJ's make me happy. :m176:

Owning or dating an INFJ was the last thing on my mind (If anything an INFJ would end up owning me) :m187:
despite saying that I would probably be best suited to one, I certainly did not come here for online of offline dating services.

Last edited:
I doubt very many come here for an online dating service. In fact, I think 95% or so come for the good company and conversations and 3% come for the troll lulz. The remaining percentage might be searching for the ONE TWU LUFF but they rarely stay long.

I really haven't seen any hookups here.

Does this mean my chances of catching the Von Hase are lower than I anticipated?
Damn, I need to go get a Master ball or something.
Gotta catch 'em all!