These are the INFJ forums! | Page 6 | INFJ Forum

These are the INFJ forums!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Von Hase,

After re-reading your OP and the response of those others I came to a conclusion that some of us are judging you wrongly. Yes, at first the post seemed a bit odd at how it was worded but I think that what you meant to say regardless of types is that we want a forum where we can state our points of views without second-guessing ourselves as to how it would be perceived by others who might have a different view on an issue even among our own type. A forum where insulting others will not be tolerated regardless if those views aren't as to what others would call "logical".

Let's leave the "F" talk, the "S" talk and the "T" talk aside for once and lets focus more on how this forum is falling apart(or viewed as such) because some people might perceive that the harmony of a once peaceful and respected haven has turned into a more conventional and debate-focused forum. We don't mind those discussions, but I'm assuming that most members here want a forum free of all that hassle that can well be found on the outside and other internet sites.

Even amongst us INFJ's we have lots of disagreements but it's because we're people with different views of life and experience. Yes, we may share the same cognitive attitudes but we are far from being exactly the same. Some of us have different aspirations, motivations and life stories; others might want to share those differences here in this forum for all of us to see and appreciate their uniqueness as human beings.

I don't think you meant wrong Von Hase, it's just that many things pass through our minds when we read " These are INFJ forums".

Thanks. Seems like you're getting the gist of what I meant very clearly.

... Perhaps I should create a more inclusive for all MBTIs forum that's run on similar lines to these ones?

... Perhaps I should create a more inclusive for all MBTIs forum that's run on similar lines to these ones?

That's not what I'm suggesting with this thread, but if you want to make another forum like typology central, I say go for it.

no, i mean that url you suggested...

...actually, you can include as many dots as you want in your URL, so long as the last bit is your domain. If you want me to, I can show you how sometime, heh, but again, I'm not seriously suggesting that you do.

YES!

I want i.am.so.fucking.awesome.that.the.sun.shines.out.my.arse.and.by.the.way.my.name.is.richardwhereat.com

I agree with you Von Hase.
We don't need babysitters for crying out loud.

We don't want to be changed. We are fully aware of the other mindsets others have, and that our reality is not always the most "logical" thing. The Ni recognizes patterns, and nitpicky details don't always have to be mentioned. Von Hase you are like...the guardian angel of the infjs on this forum.

And Shai is like....the mother ginger from nutcracker.

Mother_Ginger_Nutcracker.jpg

Is it just me or do the members of this forum think this forum is falling apart periodically?

I think its kind of funny... the forum is alright folks take it from Lucy.

:m055:

I mean really whats with the insecurity? This forum probably has the most respectful intelligent people on the internet. Just think of all the idiocy that goes on on a place like you tube, or 4 chan, or omegle, or whatever else you can think of. Everything is ok the house is far from burning down.

Good god we're already close enough to perfection what else do yah want? LOL

:mjap:

Last edited:
^_^

Shai, I thought you'd be excited by the mother ginger picture.

C'mon now.

Von I get what you mean and I agree. I do not post much in the forums anymore because it seems so frustrating at times to get across what you want to say. Then you get into some bitch fest with some one and you really don't give a crap anyway. I am on a path to find my inner soul I don't need conflict and I avoid it unless I need to. I came here to learn about my type and it was a blessing to find this place. It really made me understand why I do what I do. And talking to others that think and act as I do is nice. And the moral support that goes around here is appreciated and needed at times. Even at personality cafe they have different areas for the different types. I even noticed on their site that when other types interacted with the infjs there were problems at times. People would post in the infj section and give infjs a hard time about our responses. People need to understand that most of us don't want a fight. We just want to interact and understand one another. No one is ever 100% right we all make mistakes. And if your here to observe our type and interact with us sweet. If you just want to ridicule us for our opinions and make us feel bad for our unjustifiable thoughts piss off. Or in the end we will be the ones leaving going back into hiding and wondering if the world will ever understand or accept us as we are. I am guessing it will never happen...

And this, my friends, is what infjs are like when you have (temporarily) run out of graces!

Hey hey hey, I was going to insert a jedi monkey...what the mess.

Reactions: acd
eh this post is worth nothing to me why can't I delete it. Am I missing something quite obvious?

Last edited:
It is a strange feeling to be on the other side of the coin in such a discussion - to "belong" to the primary group. I will admit that I don't directly relate to some of the defining INFJ characteristics in the OP, so it's difficult to know how to respond. I can appreciate the principle of the thread and the premise that a type has commonalities that only a forum like this can fully explore. However, I wonder in the end what it does mean to be an "INFJ". I guess I both understand and at the same moment I also don't understand, depending on how I view it. It is interesting to think about it from the opposite perspective that I am used to encountering this discussion.

Von I get what you mean and I agree. I do not post much in the forums anymore because it seems so frustrating at times to get across what you want to say. Then you get into some bitch fest with some one and you really don't give a crap anyway. I am on a path to find my inner soul I don't need conflict and I avoid it unless I need to. I came here to learn about my type and it was a blessing to find this place. It really made me understand why I do what I do. And talking to others that think and act as I do is nice. And the moral support that goes around here is appreciated and needed at times. Even at personality cafe they have different areas for the different types. I even noticed on their site that when other types interacted with the infjs there were problems at times. People would post in the infj section and give infjs a hard time about our responses. People need to understand that most of us don't want a fight. We just want to interact and understand one another. No one is ever 100% right we all make mistakes. And if your here to observe our type and interact with us sweet. If you just want to ridicule us for our opinions and make us feel bad for our unjustifiable thoughts piss off. Or in the end we will be the ones leaving going back into hiding and wondering if the world will ever understand or accept us as we are. I am guessing it will never happen...

awe I feel the same way too efromm.

:hug:

I've contemplated fading away from here too... sad as I have waited 38 years to find others like myself. Back then, there was no such thing as INFJ support forums or groups I doubt.

Whew, you go away for a few hours, and...wham!

Slant, as to the mod issue, if we need to add something as a sticky I'm all for it. But I'm not sure what we need to add just yet, or if there's anything *to* add. Let me know if you have some ideas, okay? We can try and incorporate them.

Really, to wrap it up, I think it's just saying that everyone wants a place to call "home" and this place is home for the regulars. I like our dynamic, to tell you the truth, although lately there's been a few issues of lot of pot-stirring for one reason or another and it's been difficult. I wouldn't say it's any one type. I think there are people who are new, who aren't quite sure of our dynamics here, and we have to give them space and grace to feel their way through.

Or, here's a thought: Don't hit that send key right away. Even while I'm typing this I'm wondering if I should put all of this down (and yes, I have edited a few times already).

I genuinely like everyone here, I really do - especially once I get to know them. There are some I don't have regular conversations with because I don't necessarily agree with their side. But it doesn't mean I'm not listening.

Okay, okay - tl;dr: We need to respect everyone here. New folks, you might want to read a few threads before posting to gel with the "vibe." Old folks, know that you're always loved, regardless of type, and remember you were once a n00b, too. New folks, use the intro thread. Let us know who you are so we can interact with you. Old folks, if you have a major rant that might upset more than a few, why not post it to your blog, or the (multiple) rant threads?

And everyone, use the search key! We've got too many similar threads. That's my piece for the evening. :m129:

But most of all, be excellent to each other. :)

Reactions: acd
Status
Not open for further replies.