The Psychology behind women sending explicit content | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

The Psychology behind women sending explicit content

I don't need to see a nude picture of my girlfriend to conclude that she has a high self-esteem, nor do I need to see her refuse to send me a picture for me to conclude that she has a low self-esteem. A woman should not feel validation by sending a picture of her body, and the example you give with this man you speak of: The only conclusion I draw from this is that he accepted your refusal, but I do need to ask what kind of dynamic was going on between you two. Were you together, or only just met? I personally do not view sexuality as a tool and I think most women are confident and intelligent enough to view their bodies as their own private property and to be able to judge a man appropriately enough which can enable her to share her body. You share yourself with someone you trust and you find a high degree of intimacy with.

I was actually saying the opposite of what you are saying there; low self-esteem is sometimes the cause for a woman to send a nude picture because she feels that she needs to do that to get some attention which may perhaps lead to being loved and appreciated. I think the way things are these days it takes more self-confidence to refuse to send a picture than it does to send it. I have no problem with nudity but I don't want a nude picture of me out in cyberspace. As for the man I was speaking of, we had been on a few dates but he hadn't seen me naked yet and I couldn't see the advantage to me to send him a picture. He's a well-respected and responsible member of society and I really doubt that he would have shared it but it's just not something that I would do. It's much more fun to be naked in person anyway.

I'm not familiar with this topic in particular, but more abstractly, my response to people who say things to the order of "any relationship can turn sour" is that, to be quite honest, I can see why people don't follow that advice, even if it might be sound.

Why? Because quite honestly, someone who can take advantage of a willingness to be vulnerable is
a) not particularly ethical
b) didn't clearly care for the person sufficiently to look past their differences and was clearly willing to be malicious/harmful....

and I realistically don't see why anyone would get into a relationship with someone if they thought there was a chance the person is this way. Relationships are generally founded on trust. If that trust is impossible, I'd say the proper advice is to simply say, do not get into relationships, rather than to say don't do some more concrete action -- such as the topic of this thread.

Of course if someone prefers not to engage in these kinds of practices because it doesn't match their philosophy, fine. But if it's fear, I don't see why one would even get into the relationship. Perhaps I'm just more willing to be hermit-like than some.

First of all, I don't find it fair to talk about only women because I have been sent nude/dick pics from many men (even out of committed relationships) and some were just as narcissistic, shallow, and attention-seeking as some women can be. I've received way more than I have sent, haha. I've even been sent dick pics from guys when I haven't even asked.... and it's VERY awkward.

Secondly, I have only sent n00dz when I've been committed to someone. I've done it to entice interest, to get a little foreplay going, or even when I have felt super hot in my own body. I'm a pervert at heart and I have no shame in it. If I ask a guy to delete them, I'd hope he'd be respectful enough to actually do so and I'd always give the same respect back.

Thirdly, it feels very limiting to say that women/men only do it for narcissistic purposes. There are plenty of reasons: to entice, get attention, to share their confidence, foreplay, maybe document their weight loss/gain and share it, etc. It's not all for negative reasons and does not have to be.

If there is respect between both parties, then I see no problem. Unfortunately there are asshole people out there who can turn after a breakup and use it sadistically. So do proceed with caution and trust your judgement.

Reactions: drummergirlbk
Well to start off, I've always contemplated the idea of why women send nudity so willingly,
and what makes them do it. What is going through a females' mind when she decides to
reward a guy with fulfilling imagery? Is it a correlation between wanting attention from that
guy? Is it because she's having an adrenaline rush of overwhelming confidence and eroticism?
Is it because her trust has became fairly adequate for her receiver?

The reason I'm asking this question is because, I've been awarded with such content more
than a plausible amount of times, and so have other people I've known. To be clear, when
such things happen, I've never asked for it! Not once. It has always came out of the blue,
literally. What strikes me more odd is, most of the time it's happened, is when I've spoken
to them less than usual. Not because I don't want to, but when we do speak there's a bit of
a lag, i'd say. Other times it has happen, they would let me know that it's coming. Stating
in entendres and innuendos that I would be receiving something the following day, or so on.

I've always been curious of how it happens and why, and when I ask them
why they did it, I'd get responses such as, "I don't know", or "because I felt like it".

Has anyone else had this experience? And what is your input on why this happens,
and for what. There can be countless reasoning behind this, and conclusions, but
I'm just curious for some feedback, especially from female perspectives.

If you find that it happens more frequently when there is a lag in communication, then I can only imagine that she is sending you the pic to recapture your attention. Sort of like dangling the meat in front of the lion. The lion isn't interested until you show him something appetizing. Here you go boy...come and get it!

Plus, your disinterest (the way they might preceive it) may present itself as a challenge. They are trying to draw you in to make sure that they are still desirable (basically to verify that it's you, not them.)

When you ask a woman why she sent it and she responds with, 'I don't know' or 'I felt like it' I am almost certain she is thinking 'REALLY' or 'you've got to be kidding me'. Because sending nude pics to someone doesn't translate to, 'let's meet up after work to play a game of chess' It translates to, 'let's meet up after work and I'll let you play with my chest (and other)'.

Remember that times are changing and that nude pics are becoming more and more common these days (ask women around the internet of how many dick pics have they gotten, for instance)

Add to what several users have said that women are still conditioned / taught by the sexist establishment that their bodies are the most important part of their whole individuality (or the alternative, is that men are conditioned to be sexual creatures and all about that dick / pleasing that dick / TREMBLE BEFORE THE GLORY THAT IS MY DICK)
and the more understandable urge to get the people we're attracted to to like us too,

and the nude pics becomes much more understandable.