The Psychology behind women sending explicit content | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

The Psychology behind women sending explicit content

Women are constantly barraged with messages that tell them that their only worth is as a sexual being. We are also told that we have to use sexuality as a tool to get what we want. I think in most cases the reason that women send nude pictures is more rooted in low self-esteem than in 'overwhelming confidence and eroticism'. We all want to feel loved and appreciated and the messages we receive lead us to believe that the only way to get these is by using our bodies as bait. Of course, there are probably some exceptions with more narcissistic women who just enjoy the thrill of having their naked bodies on display for the world, but I think those are in the minority.

I was asked once to send nude pictures and I refused. I told him that if he wanted to see me naked it had to be in person so I would get something out of it too. His message back was 'well played', whatever that meant.

Interesting perspective. And good job on telling him that. I find it trashy when guys ask girls for that stuff as if they are some portrayal of sex slaves. I have a friend who doesn't do it, but he refers to it all the time to women. I batter him all the time on it and tell him he doesn't get anything that way, but he's stubborn.

Indeed. Everyone has different motives as I've seen. And when it comes to misusing, I actually treasure these women more than often, as I've felt they've created a stronger bond by doing this.

And do you still keep those pictures of your previous girlfriends, or have you disposed of them?

I treasured them because they were of my gf, but after the relationship ended, they were deleted. I'd personally feel it would be wrong of me to keep them. I'm sure some guys do keep them, it's all a matter of perspective of what is right or wrong to do. Plus, it would be disrespectful to a future gf by keeping them, and also to the ex.

But what about the opposite situation? Why do men send explicit pics of themselves to their partners? Surely the same reasons motivate us as well. I'm just as guilty of sending a compromising selfie to provoke a little foreplay.

I love the movie Sixteen Candles. I could probably recite it word for word, but I also remember the wise words of Farmer Ted:

[video=youtube;S-6uHu71kpk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-6uHu71kpk[/video]

<---- has NEVER taken a nude photo. It doesn't mean I'm less sexually expressive, but I do think it's possible that it decreases sensitivity towards images of nudity of the same person (for 17 years.) This is probably why Mr.S runs into the bathroom anytime I'm undressing for a shower. :D

Lmao! I can only imagine.

I treasured them because they were of my gf, but after the relationship ended, they were deleted. I'd personally feel it would be wrong of me to keep them. I'm sure some guys do keep them, it's all a matter of perspective of what is right or wrong to do. Plus, it would be disrespectful to a future gf by keeping them, and also to the ex.

But what about the opposite situation? Why do men send explicit pics of themselves to their partners? Surely the same reasons motivate us as well. I'm just as guilty of sending a compromising selfie to provoke a little foreplay.

I'll be honest, I keep mine that I receive no matter what happens. I'm often nostalgic and reminisce back on those days, so it's pretty ambiguous for me. But I still have connections with most people who have moved on so I don't see why not. Nevertheless, they have them as well too, even reminding me of times in a jokingly way haha.
I do it because I don't have a problem with being nude. We were born nude, it's apart of humanity as a whole if you ask me. But I've only done it to create equality. If they send it to me, and ask for it back in return, sure. Girls are more emotionally connected than visually connected in my opinion. Which is why often times they send it without wanting anything in return except some heart emojis and such. (Being hysterical). I'd never do it if I wasn't getting something back, unless you're that special to me. But I'm pretty careless when it comes to sending. Especially seeing how they behave afterwards and before, talking naughty and telling me what they want done, and what they will do. It's just exciting foreplay for me, sometimes on an emotional connective level with that person, sometimes not. I've had it happen after a day of meeting someone just for the hell of it. I have a live let, live go motto haha.

How about you?

Last edited:
I'll be honest, I keep mind that I receive no matter what happens. I'm often nostalgic and reminisce back on those days, so it's pretty ambiguous for me. But I still have connections with most people who have moved on so I don't see why not. Nevertheless, they have them as well too, even reminding me of times in a jokingly way haha.
I do it because I don't have a problem with being nude. We were born nude, it's apart of humanity as a whole if you ask me. But I've only done it to create equality. If they send it to me, and ask for it back in return, sure. Girls are more emotionally connected than visually connected in my opinion. Which is why often times they send it without wanting anything in return except some heart emojis and such. (Being hysterical). I'd never do it if I wasn't getting something back, unless you're that special to me. But I'm pretty careless when it comes to sending. Especially seeing how they behave afterwards and before, talking naughty and telling me what they want done, and what they will do. It's just exciting foreplay for me, sometimes on an emotional connective level with that person, sometimes not. I've had it happen after a day of meeting someone just for the hell of it. I have a live let, live go motto haha.

How about you?

I see what you're saying. Since, and as for many of those here that fessed up to doin it, it's an exchange between two committed people, I personally have no problem with it either. Women are definitely more emotionally connected and men more visual, but it's still a fun and enticing dynamic to share. I don't have any reservations when it comes to nudity either and believe that all human bodies are beautiful works worthy of admiration. I have to admit, I'd only keep a pic if I had permission from the person who gave it to me. But in the case of my exes, I respected their wishes for me to delete them. I'd just feel wrong keeping it without their knowing. But it sounds like you have plenty of permission, lol, so enjoy. If I had received one from a woman I hardly knew, then I would highly question what her motivation would be. It could just be for a booty call, but I'm not a booty call kind of guy.

[MENTION=14357]Persona[/MENTION]

I do fondly remember being at work and every so often receiving a flash of skin from a gf with a sweet and suggestive little text like, "just thinking about you, can't wait till you get off...work." It was purely foreplay and teasing in a flirtatious and suggestive manner. I loved it when I would get those little surprises like that.

I see what you're saying. Since, and as for many of those here that fessed up to doin it, it's an exchange between two committed people, I personally have no problem with it either. Women are definitely more emotionally connected and men more visual, but it's still a fun and enticing dynamic to share. I don't have any reservations when it comes to nudity either and believe that all human bodies are beautiful works worthy of admiration. I have to admit, I'd only keep a pic if I had permission from the person who gave it to me. But in the case of my exes, I respected their wishes for me to delete them. I'd just feel wrong keeping it without their knowing. But it sounds like you have plenty of permission, lol, so enjoy. If I had received one from a woman I hardly knew, then I would highly question what her motivation would be. It could just be for a booty call, but I'm not a booty call kind of guy.

Yes very enticing and dynamic it is. "believe that all human bodies are beautiful works worthy of admiration" this here was gold; spot on of the mindset I have.

And I think you just answered my question of why 2 women in the past week, that I've hardly known not even for a week, have sent me nudes without me asking, out of the blue, as you said, "booty call". Who knows? Lol whatever their motivations are, hell, I'm not complaining haha.

[MENTION=14357]Persona[/MENTION]

I do fondly remember being at work and every so often receiving a flash of skin from a gf with a sweet and suggestive little text like, "just thinking about you, can't wait till you get off...work." It was purely foreplay and teasing in a flirtatious and suggestive manner. I loved it when I would get those little surprises like that.

Yes!!! Indeed. This has happened to me as well, same place at the work place. And my God, I've loved it admiringly haha. Tell you what, I've actually had women visit me at work at random spontaneous times just to stop by and say hey. Man, how much my day skyrockets from getting that, even on a bad day. I'll get like an adrenaline rush from the visitation and just fly through my day, Lol.

Yes!!! Indeed. This has happened to me as well, same place at the work place. And my God, I've loved it admiringly haha. Tell you what, I've actually had women visit me at work at random spontaneous times just to stop by and say hey. Man, how much my day skyrockets from getting that, even on a bad day. I'll get like an adrenaline rush from the visitation and just fly through my day, Lol.

Exactly, lol. Maybe that is also a motivation for some, because they know it'll make even our worst days oh so much better. :w:

Exactly, lol. Maybe that is also a motivation for some, because they know it'll make even our worst days oh so much better. :w:

I have to give it to women though, they surely how to know how to have a guy on a leash, or like to think they do, when it comes down to it, Lol. Idk about you, but when ever such things happen, I feel quite powerful. A state of feeling where as if I'm really the mastermind. Surely they do all these things to gain empowerment or for whatever motivations, but we're the ones who manifest it?? I've been complimented many times of being sweet, charming, in an indifferent way, from multiple women. If it wasn't for us having some type of stimulation of chemistry, I don't believe we'd be treated the same way.

What do you think?

I have to give it to women though, they surely how to know how to have a guy on a leash, or like to think they do, when it comes down to it, Lol. Idk about you, but when ever such things happen, I feel quite powerful. A state of feeling where as if I'm really the mastermind. Surely they do all these things to gain empowerment or for whatever motivations, but we're the ones who manifest it?? I've been complimented many times of being sweet, charming, in an indifferent way, from multiple women. If it wasn't for us having some type of stimulation of chemistry, I don't believe we'd be treated the same way.

What do you think?

Haha! I feel the opposite of you actually. When I get a surprise like that I think to myself, "man, she knows exactly what buttons to push," and I just turn to a mindless lump of flesh to do as her majesty desires. Take out the trash? But of course, my queen. Go shopping with you? Whatever you wish my queen. And no, I've never had a woman command me in such ways, just pointing out that when they send a little surprise, they have the power to turn me into mush and there is almost nothing I wouldn't do for them.

You may be onto something about we're the ones who manifest it. Many times people have misinterpreted a compliment or a nicety for flirtation on my part. And that may just be part of my personality. I think it all comes down to chemistry though. Some people you just instantly click with. Others it's a slow and patient nurturing process to develop a relationship or friendship. The ones that I instantly click with, we tend to have a kind of flirtatious dynamic from the start, even as purely friends.

Haha! I feel the opposite of you actually. When I get a surprise like that I think to myself, "man, she knows exactly what buttons to push," and I just turn to a mindless lump of flesh to do as her majesty desires. Take out the trash? But of course, my queen. Go shopping with you? Whatever you wish my queen. And no, I've never had a woman command me in such ways, just pointing out that when they send a little surprise, they have the power to turn me into mush and there is almost nothing I wouldn't do for them.

You may be onto something about we're the ones who manifest it. Many times people have misinterpreted a compliment or a nicety for flirtation on my part. And that may just be part of my personality. I think it all comes down to chemistry though. Some people you just instantly click with. Others it's a slow and patient nurturing process to develop a relationship or friendship. The ones that I instantly click with, we tend to have a kind of flirtatious dynamic from the start, even as purely friends.

Haha I see what you're saying. I enjoy both roles though, of being both submissive and dominant. I like giving orders and having them being followed, but I also like the role of dominant women as well. Women who think they are in power in their mind, but really aren't, in my mind. For example, being competitive and such.

And I agree with giving compliments, it's just apart of my personality as well. And I don't think there's anything better than the instant click you can have with someone, even as purely friends as you've stated. It's a kind of feeling to die for, constant charisma being tug-a-warred back and forth with such other.
The whole nurturing process with me can go either way. I either get bored and relieve it, or if I'm really interested, manifest it.

I do have a question though, have you typed the women you were in relationships with? If so, which ones worked out best for you?

Women are constantly barraged with messages that tell them that their only worth is as a sexual being. We are also told that we have to use sexuality as a tool to get what we want. I think in most cases the reason that women send nude pictures is more rooted in low self-esteem than in 'overwhelming confidence and eroticism'. We all want to feel loved and appreciated and the messages we receive lead us to believe that the only way to get these is by using our bodies as bait. Of course, there are probably some exceptions with more narcissistic women who just enjoy the thrill of having their naked bodies on display for the world, but I think those are in the minority.

I was asked once to send nude pictures and I refused. I told him that if he wanted to see me naked it had to be in person so I would get something out of it too. His message back was 'well played', whatever that meant.

I don't need to see a nude picture of my girlfriend to conclude that she has a high self-esteem, nor do I need to see her refuse to send me a picture for me to conclude that she has a low self-esteem. A woman should not feel validation by sending a picture of her body, and the example you give with this man you speak of: The only conclusion I draw from this is that he accepted your refusal, but I do need to ask what kind of dynamic was going on between you two. Were you together, or only just met? I personally do not view sexuality as a tool and I think most women are confident and intelligent enough to view their bodies as their own private property and to be able to judge a man appropriately enough which can enable her to share her body. You share yourself with someone you trust and you find a high degree of intimacy with.

I do have a question though, have you typed the women you were in relationships with? If so, which ones worked out best for you?

Best ones were with an ENFJ and an INTP. I'm still close friends with them.

Worst was with an INTJ. Extremely needy and possessive. Lol. Though I don't think that had much to do with type at all and a lot to do with her own issues.

Best ones were with an ENFJ and an INTP. I'm still close friends with them.

Worst was with an INTJ. Extremely needy and possessive. Lol. Though I don't think that had much to do with type at all and a lot to do with her own issues.

Omg Lol. My best ones were with ENFJ, ISFJ, ENFP, and INFP.
The best I'd have to say was ENFP/ISFJ. ENFP was so socially in tuned though, but when we got our time, it was gold. ISFJs were quite optimistic which I didn't expect at all, but I love it.
My INFPs were very witty, emotional, & poetic, with a innocent look, but not the case at all. They had quite a similar mindset with me as well, a fantasy like mind, it's great

ENFPs were always the ying to my yang, no matter what I said, they'd bring a perspective to the table I've never foreseen before, and I'd do the same. It's stunning.

My ENFJs were the dominant women. Love being in control all the time. Also very in tuned with emotional, but as if they don't want to show it for whatever reason, I've anyways found ENFJ women attractive physically, but in my opinion, they can be quite boring mentally.

My ISFJ's shared very intrinsic taste of the same things I valued. They'love writing, original to the bloodline with their art & ideas, they show emotions throughout action though, more than verbally until they open up more.

Last edited:
We do it because you like it, and we like making you happy.

I can't imagine someone asking me why I sent a pic after I already sent it. ??

wtf

I wasn't aware they could be used as a power play

We do it because you like it, and we like making you happy.

I can't imagine someone asking me why I sent a pic after I already sent it. ??

wtf

I wasn't aware they could be used as a power play

Well asking why it was done, is more of getting an understanding of what has happened.
Put it this way, if we're already happy throughout intellectual stimulation and having an emotional connection, why send something like that if we're already perfectly happy the way things are? I have no problem with it, if anything it's a bonus for me, just always wondered why I'm receiving the bonus. Idk, maybe the dumbfounded simplicity is just that resulting. Maybe I'm just looking for a deeper meaning when there is none.
But like what has been saying throughout the thread, everyone has their own motivations, so.

Thanks for the feedback though (=

Well asking why it was done, is more of getting an understanding of what has happened.
Put it this way, if we're already happy throughout intellectual stimulation and having an emotional connection, why send something like that if we're already perfectly happy the way things are? I have no problem with it, if anything it's a bonus for me, just always wondered why I'm receiving the bonus. Idk, maybe the dumbfounded simplicity is just that resulting. Maybe I'm just looking for a deeper meaning when there is none.
But like what has been saying throughout the thread, everyone has their own motivations, so.

Thanks for the feedback though (=

No problem!

Another possibility is that they have a higher libido. Could be they weren't as happy with the intellectual and emotional connection as you were and wanted to add some sexy to make it perfect for them.

No problem!

Another possibility is that they have a higher libido. Could be they weren't as happy with the intellectual and emotional connection as you were and wanted to add some sexy to make it perfect for them.

Another great point, how great this world is; hence endless possibilities!

You don't have to post nude pics for someone to make them... There are some great photoshoppers out there.
Unfortunately, Photoshop carries a watermark so you can tell if the pics are real or not if you know what you're looking for. It's doesnt prevent you being humiliated tho, whether the pics are real or not.