The lack of famous INFJs: demographics or misrepresentation? | INFJ Forum

The lack of famous INFJs: demographics or misrepresentation?

Discussion in 'Famous INFJ Personalities' started by Reon, Nov 1, 2009.

Share This Page

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 3 users.
More threads by Reon
  1. Reon

Reon Midnight's Garden

Threads:
    MBTI:
    Questioning?
    Enneagram:
    5w6
    INFJs, widely held to be the most rare mbti type, has the smallest amount of famous people. Is this simply a work of numbers, do we not have enough INFJs in the world (other than a select few) to warrant discussion or is it that most of the INFJs that are famous are associated with another type? People seem to assume that if that person is extraverted, has any share of power, and/or has any logical ability then that person could NOT be an infj. This is untrue, I figure that being on this site we all know Infjs who are all that and are decidedly INFJ. (I suspect that some famous ENFJs and INTJS may actually be infj at heart) I find it hard to believe that INFJs, service oriented people with a lot of compassion and drive, don't seem to be as revolutionary as thought. What do you think?

(sorry if this comes off as ...well...a mess)

2. Raccoon Love

Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFP
    Enneagram:
    4w5
    well, INFJ's are described on most profiles as being quiet leaders, meaning they like to help and show their contributions behind the scenes or in the background and they are comfortable with it, We are not your stereotypical power leader rather we are often seen as counselors or the ones who keep everything from falling. Besides we don't know for sure, no one has gone through the trouble of analyzing or making every single famous person take a mbti test, so it's uncertain.

3. enfp can be shy

enfp can be shy people vs the bad people?
    Donor

Threads:
    MBTI:
    enfp
    Enneagram:
    -
    What do you mean? Every INFJ is famous.

INFJs may not always get to be the ones who the media talks about. Mostly because they wouldn't enjoy it. But INFJs are usually those who people remember long after death, and people go to their funerals, even if they've never met them in person. And every INFJ has a circle of very devoted admirers who keep the memory of them like a flame. Because INFJs are so humble, it is usually fully felt how much they were needed, only after they're already dead.

I've only noticed that INFJs often have major troubles in earlier stages of life, but they overcome them, while keeping integrity, and later usually all the struggles are paid back.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Julia

Julia Community Member

Threads:
    MBTI:
    infj
    They work behind the scenes making the other people famous. :m024:

Puck likes this.
  5. Gaze

Donor

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFPishy
    Yeah, i think that's the way it works.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. NeverAmI

NeverAmI Satisclassifaction
    Retired Staff

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFP
    Enneagram:
    5w4
    Was just going to say the same thing. For the majority of INFJ's the outcome is MUCH more important than the credit. There are MANY in life who are more than willing to falsely claim the credit that great, but reserved, people bring.

#6 NeverAmI, Nov 1, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2009
  7. Moxie

Moxie Absent-Minded Professor

Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    I think, what we make up for in quantity, is QUALITY. For sure!

enfp can be shy likes this.
  8. Sithious

Sithious Well-known member

Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    If that was true, more INFJ's throughout history would have made it to the history books

9. Moxie

Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    Martin Luther King, Jr? Mother Teresa? Thomas Jefferson?

http://typelogic.com/infj.html

Famous INFJ's

Nathan, prophet of Israel
    Aristophanes
    Chaucer
    Goethe
    Robert Burns, Scottish poet U.S. Presidents:Martin Van BurenJames Earl "Jimmy" Carter Nathaniel Hawthorne
    Fanny Crosby, (blind) hymnist
    Mother Teresa of Calcutta
    Fred McMurray (My Three Sons)
    Shirley Temple Black, child actor, ambassador
    Martin Luther King, Jr., civil rights leader, martyr
    James Reston, newspaper reporter
    Shirley MacLaine (Sweet Charity, ...)
    Piers Anthony, author ("Xanth" series)
    Michael Landon (Little House on the Prairie)
    Tom Selleck
    John Katz, critic, author
    Paul Stookey (Peter, Paul and Mary)
    U. S. Senator Carol Moseley-Braun (D-IL)
    Billy Crystal
    Garry Trudeau (Doonesbury)
    Nelson Mandela
    Mel Gibson
    Carrie Fisher
    Nicole Kidman
    Jerry Seinfeld
    Jamie Foxx
    Sela Ward
    Mark Harmon
    Gary Dourdan
    Marg Helgaberger
    Evangeline Lilly
    Tori May

10. Moxie

Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    My last one didn't post, and I'm not sure why. I was saying that Martin Luther King, Jr, Mother Teresa, and Thomas Jefferson were all quality INFJ's.

11. naisiay

naisiay Newbie

Threads:
    MBTI:
    infj
    I agree!

12. Sol

Sol Newbie

Threads:
    MBTI:
    ESTJ
    There are not so a little of INFJs among actresses (in some mean they are famous):
    http://socion2.narod.ru/celphlist-14_en.htm

13. Angantyr

Angantyr Regular Poster

Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    I would say most famous INFJ's are either unintentionally famous or people who weren't famous when they were around but became famous after their Death through their legacy.

14. 44sunsets

44sunsets Newbie

Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    Enneagram:
    4w5
    No idea what you're talking about -- there are plenty of famous INFJs. There was even an INFJ US President: Jimmy Carter. Imagine that, of all things! A lot of people hate him and saw him as weak. Figures.

Martin Luther King Jr, Eleanor Roosevelt, Nelson Mandela, Jesus, Mohandas Gandhi etc. Basically, a lot of the well-known humanitarians and humanists.

I reckon INFJs punch way above their weight considering how few INFJs there are in the world. Focused firepower.

There's an idiotic list circulating on the Web about how Adolf Hitler is an INFJ. Utter rubbish of course -- he's not even an intuitive.

Mother Teresa wasn't an INFJ, she's clearly ISFJ.
    Jerry Seinfeld, Mel Gibson etc definitely aren't an INFJ -- where do people get these strange ideas from? Most of the actors listed as INFJ are not. Carrie Fisher is one notable exception.

#14 44sunsets, Dec 19, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2010
    Ethereal likes this.
  15. Raccoon Love

Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFP
    Enneagram:
    4w5
    I don't know why I get this vibe to say this, but remember that whether we like it or not, all INFJ's are not going to be essentially good. There are famous INFJ's we clearly do not want to associate with, but they are INFJ regardless. INFJ's may or may not be the rarest type, but to associate all with humanitarians is very idealistic and as Indigo pointed in a thread, it may be a sign of INFJ narcissism in which we create a perfect ideal of ourselves.

the likes this.
  16. OP
    Reon

Reon Midnight's Garden

Threads:
    MBTI:
    Questioning?
    Enneagram:
    5w6
    I made this thread a year ago and I don't exactly know the intent I had in mind but I do know that I never said that they aren't a lot of famous INFJs. Speaking from my experience now, I can't really particularly state either way if I agree with any of the above being a certain type. It's about how I perceive the character which isn't what this whole MBTI system is about.
    Hitler: For every piece of information that you have that "proves" Hilter is not a intuitive, I can find information stating the opposite. That's the problem with typing people who are dead, even from their own words. It's not so much about actions and words, it's more about the mindset you have. How you actually see reality. We're all just guessing when we say "Blah blah blah is INFJ!"

17. ruji

ruji Well-known member

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    Adolf Hitler

D'aww you beat me to it :(

18. Saru Inc

Saru Inc Schrödinger's Pussy
    Donor

Threads:
    MBTI:
    ENFJ
    Enneagram:
    3w4
    i SEE INFJ BUTTRUBBING GO ON HEREBOUTS

19. 44sunsets

44sunsets Newbie

Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    Enneagram:
    4w5
    Of course not all INFJs are good or kind people. Assuming that the listed "famous INFJ people" are all good -- no doubt they all had their darker sides as well. I'm sure there's a few evil INFJ serial killers operating somewhere in the world (Angels of Mercy, perhaps?).

That doesn't mean Hitler was an INFJ of course. Believe me, I've been looking at MBTI Type and Temperament for over a decade so I definitely don't have rose-coloured glasses for INFJs or any other type. I think some people (who lack the insight required to actually type people) automatically see Hitler as an Idealist because of his extreme beliefs. But Hitler was not an idealist, he was a violent extremist, a fascist fundamentalist. He wasn't interested in helping his fellow human beings. An INFJ who turned evil would manifest himself very differently.

Also I'm curious, what are some of these famous INFJs we do not want to associate with?

I bet someone somewhere is going to trot out Osama bin Laden, Saddam Hussein and The Devil Himself as INFJs. Good for a laugh, perhaps.

#19 44sunsets, Dec 20, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2010
  20. Raccoon Love

Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFP
    Enneagram:
    4w5
    Ahh ok :). I think what I was mostly to explain is that people tend to want to associate with their positive traits and when they look at someone who is not what they expect they go like "Hey that can't be me". That's where I think most stereotypes come from...which later leads to comments like I hear in the INTP forum, "A pop star, must be an SP". Truth is we barely know information on the private lives of this individuals. I am not saying they are necessarily INFJ, but to say they simply can't be is also not valid in my opinion.