The lack of famous INFJs: demographics or misrepresentation? | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

The lack of famous INFJs: demographics or misrepresentation?

They work behind the scenes making the other people famous. :m024:

This resonates strongly with me. This is very much how I am; no desire to be famous whatsoever, would rather help behind the scenes. I can't say enough about how strongly I feel this way.

On the topic: I don't think INFJs are likely to strive for fame for fames' sake. People seem to forget nowadays with reality T.V. and everyone wanting their 15 minutes, that fame can actually be a side effect of being notable for being accomplished in something... I personally think there are many famous INFJs.
I am aware there is a general bias on typology forums about one needing to be an extrovert and a sensor to be famous but I think it's utter silliness. I think people would be suprised because they have an image in their heads what an INFJ should be like, mostly from what I gather some type of emo-doormats with no voice of their own who mainly just stay at home and hug a book. ;) Of the musicians I know, the INFJs, though both nice and not ones to toot their own horn, are very accomplished and well known.
The last thing to ever do is look at a person's stage presence/performance or the characters they act for type clues. That is actually a part of their craft.
But don't believe me... Here's a good bit, I think, from actor's studio about introvert actors
Starting from 3:54
[video=youtube_share;sq7dN04Voyc]http://youtu.be/sq7dN04Voyc[/video]

Yeah it's probably a combination of the rarity of the INFJ (I mean, we have like three actual INFJ's on this forum) and the general reluctance they have to put themselves on pedestals.
Of the INFJ's I've know in person, they can really communicate with people quite well and have intriguing aspirations, however they don't necessarily want to engage with a large group of people to express themselves and their ideals.
They've been fantastic people, but when they seek to change the world it's always quietly...

Yeah it's probably a combination of the rarity of the INFJ (I mean, we have like three actual INFJ's on this forum) and the general reluctance they have to put themselves on pedestals.
Of the INFJ's I've know in person, they can really communicate with people quite well and have intriguing aspirations, however they don't necessarily want to engage with a large group of people to express themselves and their ideals.
They've been fantastic people, but when they seek to change the world it's always quietly...
The "rarity" of INFJs is far less than the rarity of unicorns. To me about one in a hundred, though somewhat rare, isn't really THAT rare. Not as rare as people make it out to be. Not Bigfoot rare. Or Multiple Sclerosis rare ...you get the point.
...are you implying there are three INFJs on this forum and the rest are "People who think they're INFJs (shh...Don't tell them. Never argue with a lunatic.)"???? Quite a claim, Sir (or mam??). I don't think so for the record, but I'd like to know how you came to your conclusion. ;D What did you do? Spy on our minds... (Running to the kitchen to get a foil hat) Remote scan our brains??? (Running off to find more foil to make hats for everyone). ;D

At some point if you want to do anything creative you have to tackle the issue of disclosure and being in the spotlight. I don't see why you couldn't choose to be in a public profession and be an INFJ.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why is it important if INFJs are famous?

INFJs love attention are you kidding me? They just love the right attention from the right people.

Reactions: ESC2367
You guys are underperforming the Ni dom peer group.

I am disappoint.

You guys are underperforming the Ni dom peer group.

I am disappoint.
:m142::m059::m083::m151::m114:
It was at this low point in INFJ history that Reverie decided to not let her INFJ kind be mocked any more. She begun to ponder the various ways she could salvage the tarnished reputation of her kind and show the world just what they were made of. She too would become famous!!! Suddenly she had an epiphany...A lucrative epiphany!!! One that would propel her to cover of Time magazine. It was simple and elegant: People have hemorrhoids and they need to wipe...= Medicated TP!!!! Finally the INFJ community could boast of one bona fide celebrity (if highly temporary) in their midsts.
Oprah here I come!!! I have a dream...

Male Ni-INFJs who have stronger Ni and Ti and weaker Fe, or don't even display their Fe much due to gender roles, usually get typed as NTs.

There is a lot of mis-typing that follows the line of thought: "that person sounds intelligent/logical - must be NT!".

Last edited:
What do you mean? Every INFJ is famous.

INFJs may not always get to be the ones who the media talks about. Mostly because they wouldn't enjoy it. But INFJs are usually those who people remember long after death, and people go to their funerals, even if they've never met them in person. And every INFJ has a circle of very devoted admirers who keep the memory of them like a flame. Because INFJs are so humble, it is usually fully felt how much they were needed, only after they're already dead.

I've only noticed that INFJs often have major troubles in earlier stages of life, but they overcome them, while keeping integrity, and later usually all the struggles are paid back.

I think this is really spot on (and flattering as well, lol) :thumbsup:. INFJs are famous, but only to those around them (which most of them are actually contented that it'd remain that way). If one could recall a character from The Horse Whisperer (1998 movie), INFJs are like the MC Tom Booker I think, unless they came from a very shallow-minded family. I'm not surprised that there are not many famous INFJs out there though, knowing how I am as myself :lol:. Generally speaking, INFJs do not have a lot to attract the mainstream. Our mind is too complex and singular it's hard to make sense or even simplified to wider audience. Personally I often find fascinating the things that most people scratch their heads over. It's a hard life, but I hope it pays in the end, like you said.

Reactions: 5ufvdee369jcdd
INFJs, widely held to be the most rare mbti type, has the smallest amount of famous people. Is this simply a work of numbers, do we not have enough INFJs in the world (other than a select few) to warrant discussion or is it that most of the INFJs that are famous are associated with another type?

I think it's because we are not acting. We are being real, up front, in your face, authentic, humble, get-it-done-for-the-one-on-one type of go-getters. We'll wait not for the applause. Besides, we are long gone and on to the next dawn, a new adventure yet awaits, after all.

Reactions: Ren
Why do you say that?

Pretty sure he's right, Maikl. Dennis Rodman seems like a typical SFP. Bob Dylan doesn't strike me as an Fe user at all.

I think Kathryn Bigelow is usually typed INTJ. Don't know about Billy Crystal -- strikes me as an Ne-dom.

Why do you say that?

Well first off, I agree with @Ren

Originally when I read these names Rodman immediately struck me as wrong, no way that guy is an introvert.
Had similar feelings about Billy Crystal. The only one I'd consider the possibility for it is Bob Dylan but he seems more S and/or P.
Googled em all and it seems the internet agrees with me.
(and Ren :) )

The reason I typed Dennis Rodman as INFJ was I get the vibe of Ni-dom, especially in his interviews. And he totally comes off as an Fe user, especially if you count his "basketball diplomacy" method of opening the door to better U.S.-North Korean relations. For a long time people didn't know what he was doing there, they thought his close ties with Kim Jong Un were crazy. But in his interviews I saw he knew what he was doing. It led to a way for President Trump to make history, being the first US president to set foot in North Korea. And, Rodman still doesn't get much credit for it. That's why I concluded his type as INFJ.

Thanks for your input. I know I'm not perfect with typing, but I get better. Infj is hard to spot, I admit. Billy Krystal and Bob Dylan come up on a lot of INFJ lists. Fe auxiliary, with Billy Krystal is strong, so INFJ vs ISFJ type imo is debatable. I would agree that Kathryn Bigelow could be INTJ, sometimes it can be difficult to distinguish between the two. But it's the nature of her work, her emphasis the subjective judgments of the characters led me to conclusion of INFJ.

I think the thing with Rodman is pretty well known, and I also think him doing that is more a testament to his overall maturity and position within society, on top of having the desire to engage in diplomacy and danger in ways that you would probably only find extroverts pursuing. That's not to say an infj wouldn't pursue something similar, I just think their methodologies and approach would look different.
Katherine's work is probably more reflective of Ni-dom thought than anything so infj kind of makes sense, but she doesn't seem to have that oddball vibe at all, her work is much more clean and proper like an intj and lacks the embedded symbolic and philosophical pieces, instead focusing on humanitarian issues at a very real level.