[PAX] - The Impeachment of Donald J. Trump | Page 12 | INFJ Forum

[PAX] The Impeachment of Donald J. Trump

I think @Sandie33 may be under the impression I dislike her. If so not at all. Shes just wrong about many many many ...many things. I try to help her out and even enjoy some of the discussions. I'm not sure what's up with these love names she's coming up with for me. They are a bit raw. Not what I am used to at all.
You have been patronizing and dismissive to her. A lot of people find that to be insulting. If one feels insulted while voicing an opinion it is normal to react passionately

I think @Sandie33 may be under the impression I dislike her. If so not at all. Shes just wrong about many many many ...many things. I try to help her out and even enjoy some of the discussions. I'm not sure what's up with these love names she's coming up with for me. They are a bit raw. Not what I am used to at all.

This interests me because it's so different from how I experience ideas. Usually I'm like "that's philosophically different" but for Eventhorizon it's more like "you're wrong and I am helping you by telling you that you're wrong".

"Wrong" is such a funny word and concept. So overly simplistic, makes it seem like everything is clear. If you could just bleach all the "wrong" out of society, surely everyone would be happy.

This interests me because it's so different from how I experience ideas. Usually I'm like "that's philosophically different" but for Eventhorizon it's more like "you're wrong and I am helping you by telling you that you're wrong".

"Wrong" is such a funny word and concept. So overly simplistic, makes it seem like everything is clear. If you could just bleach all the "wrong" out of society, surely everyone would be happy.

This is where I distinguish between facts (i.e., where we know the source) and assumptions/ideas/opinions/etc. You can say if someone got a fact wrong (until that fact is not fact anymore) but I would never call on someone having the "wrong" ideas. At least not without reason or proof. This is where discussion becomes important. We need to listen to each other, not just to ourselves. Then we would make a step towards happiness.

@Eventhorizon I have read through this entire thread and I am pretty disgusted with your behavior throughout. You have been patronizing, condescending, insulting, and immature. You have no right to insult other people's intelligence for disagreeing with your opinion. Grow up and have a civil discussion or stop posting these threads. Enough is enough.

@Eventhorizon I have read through this entire thread and I am pretty disgusted with your behavior throughout. You have been patronizing, condescending, insulting, and immature. You have no right to insult other people's intelligence for disagreeing with your opinion. Grow up and have a civil discussion or stop posting these threads. Enough is enough.

Obviously, you must know, that you are now my hero, for at least 17.38 moons.

This is where I distinguish between facts (i.e., where we know the source) and assumptions/ideas/opinions/etc. You can say if someone got a fact wrong (until that fact is not fact anymore) but I would never call on someone having the "wrong" ideas. At least not without reason or proof. This is where discussion becomes important. We need to listen to each other, not just to ourselves. Then we would make a step towards happiness.

Your opinion of "fact" differs from many in that it has some flexibility. I think your definition of "fact" is extremely useful, and I agree with it not completely, but greatly. You and anyone else are entitled to have your own definition of "fact" but I think that you will need to understand that when most people use the word "fact" they mean not something that is defined by originating from a source, but something that is defined by its essential truthfulness, by which I mean, possessing a truthfulness that cannot be contravened under any circumstances, whether through source or the passing of time or anything else of similar nature. For most people who typically discuss "fact", a "fact" is stable, enduring, and immutable, not susceptible to "change" or being "proven wrong".

Your opinion of "fact" differs from many in that it has some flexibility. I think your definition of "fact" is extremely useful, and I agree with it not completely, but greatly. You and anyone else are entitled to have your own definition of "fact" but I think that you will need to understand that when most people use the word "fact" they mean not something that is defined by originating from a source, but something that is defined by its essential truthfulness, by which I mean, possessing a truthfulness that cannot be contravened under any circumstances, whether through source or the passing of time or anything else of similar nature. For most people who typically discuss "fact", a "fact" is stable, enduring, and immutable, not susceptible to "change" or being "proven wrong".

I agree, most times it is enduring, but the Romans/Gauls also thought the world was flat, and Galileo was put under house-arrest for introducing the heliocentric model. So, given time and information, even facts can be proven wrong.

Thank you.

Most of us are anti trump, but not all of us. I believe that when the pro trump side is represented by just EH that his tone and tenor makes everything personal and combative. That puts off other pro trumpers so they do not share their opinions and observations.
My advise is to not over react to those that take extreme positions or are dismissive.

Most of us are anti trump, but not all of us. I believe that when the pro trump side is represented by just EH that his tone and tenor makes everything personal and combative. That puts off other pro trumpers so they do not share their opinions and observations.
My advise is to not over react to those that take extreme positions or are dismissive.

Absolutely, but it has escalated lately with the insults to others intelligence and such. I've had enough of that. If one can't have a discussion without being derogatory towards others, then it's time to refrain from posting until he/she can return to civil conversation in a respectful manner. And that goes for everyone, not just EH. It's just not necessary, no matter how heated the debate gets.

I dont like your response. I've been anythi g but what you have stated. Just because you dont like my perspective doesn't mean you have a correct one yourself. Let's talk about how I have been responded to. I've been called a little bitch, a whelp etc... where is your outrage over these things?
I really am completely unconcerned with any of your thoughts at this point. Please keep them to yourself.

I dont like your response. I've been anythi g but what you have stated. Just because you dont like my perspective doesn't mean you have a correct one yourself. Let's talk about how I have been responded to. I've been called a little bitch, a whelp etc... where is your outrage over these things?
I really am completely unconcerned with any of your thoughts at this point. Please keep them to yourself.

I really don't care if you like my response or not. I was speaking as a member of staff and giving you a warning.

Also, here are a few examples of you being rude/condescending/patronizing, etc.
You have a vivid imagination that often deviates from the facts which you have so graciously proven here. I suspect this is why the world in general is difficult for you to grasp.

I still think you have a good mind, even if it leaves you on occasion.

Unfortunately I believe understanding will allude you through a good portion of your life if not all of it.

There are also several instances of you calling people "libtards, snowflakes, mentally ill" and such in other threads.

Also, obviously, you didn't see my second post as well, where I told EVERYONE to remain civil, which clearly includes anyone calling others a little bitch, (which she didn't actually say, she said ACTING like a little bitch...but still). And for clarification:
Whelp, since this thread is titled in regard to President Trump and perhaps his impeachment...others' suspected use of cocaine is irrelevant to the topic.
She was not calling you a whelp. It's a slang form of saying "well". People say it all the time where I am from.

There are also several instances of you calling people "libtards, snowflakes, mentally ill" and such in other threads.

:

You do not have a single instance of any such thing. I've never called anyone those names.

Tell you what, take your warning and put it where the sun doesn't shine. You have nothing on me other than the fact you don't agree with my perspective. Sorry not going to give you a safe place to hide.

NOW since you stated it PROVE it. Or maybe this is an example as to the idea you shouldn't be an admin. Give me any quote of mine where I have called someone here a libtard, snowflake etc. ONE.

Thank you @Vicarious for clarifying that I was not being disrespectful. I had tried to nip things in the bud a while ago regarding the push-pull. However, when another member pointed out to me that I was indeed being targeted that creates a very different climate.

I am saddened because I thought @Eventhorizon and I had made progress and had become friendlier toward one another. I'll save my wisdom and good humor for comments on others' posts and chose to not partake in anymore from EH.

Thank you again, I try to respect staff and their decisions.

Thank you @Vicarious for clarifying that I was not being disrespectful. I had tried to nip things in the bud a while ago regarding the push-pull. However, when another member pointed out to me that I was indeed being targeted that creates a very different climate.

I am saddened because I thought @Eventhorizon and I had made progress and had become friendlier toward one another. I'll save my wisdom and good humor for comments on others' posts and chose to not partake in anymore from EH.

You called me a little bitch. This is BS.

Right. Looks like I see your true colors now. Glad I found out now. Best of luck.