The Elder Scrolls Online | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

The Elder Scrolls Online

im level 10, im in Auridon. there are so many books everywhere in this game. when i was in Skyrim, i read them all, but for some reason i just cant read them in this game. i just came across a piece of verse that upped my light armour, and im like no way, i cant read this! i just cant read it!

there are a lot of people in this game... a lot of them arent very friendly. they say some friendly things on the general chat, like "M'aiq just spawned NE of etc.", but you chat back to them and they just ignore you. but apart from that the stuff they are saying is very boring. its just typical in-group social chatter, and no one else who isnt in the in-ground is allowed to participate or be recognised as contributing. they must have come from WOW or something. sometimes i said something reasonable and prosaic, and they responded to it with deep hostility, like as if they hate me personally. its weird.

well if anyone wants to hang out my character name is Skylas. im altmer btw, so if you hate altmer i understand, but i cant help the way i am, so you just have to accept it.

they did a big update yesterday and they changed part of the voice files for Drinlin, the clothier in Vulkhel Guard. they added new vocal parts for him, but they couldnt get the original voice actor to perform them, so they got some new guy. but the new guy is absolutely terrible, he sounds like one of the stereotyped dumber, beefier lab technicians off a prime time crime show. but Drinlin has a really refined voice normally, but suddenly for certain dialogue options hes talking in this ridiculous beefhead voice. its sad, but also amusing. but i hope they dont get rid of the original voice files. the original voice actor was amazing.

2ly4wh5.jpg

How are you liking it as an MMO??

How are you liking it as an MMO??

ive never played an MMO before so i dont really have anything to compare it with. i find it similar to real life, like that im running around in a world that is full of people and rarely interacting with them, and usually operating on the basis of casual ostracism. although last night i said on the general chat that i was having trouble with a boss and a really nice stealth character showed up out of nowhere and we did part of the quest together and traded some items at the end, and that was all really fun. i havent actually been into the PvP arena yet and it might be a long time before i do.

as a game it seems really good to me. im enjoying it a lot. i read on the internet that the story isnt very good, but i think its pretty good. its very quest directed, and you really do need to go through the quests to develop your character, but i dont mind that, and the quests are pretty interesting. and for an example of how well written it is, in aldmeri dominion you start off on a high elf island, but you have to go to a khajit island. the elf queen is talking about how she wants to make khajit have equality with altmer, and when you go to the khajit island you can see that by comparison to the elves, they just arent as wealthy, and they have different jobs. no one actively talks about these particular differences, but its there in the game to notice if you are paying attention. i see that as being depth of storytelling.

im loving the pure mage character. they really nailed it. im seeing very few other pure mages around, so it must not be very popular, but they really did make it what it should be. the skill development is rich. also on the one hand, im very fragile, and just a few hits can take me down, but on the other hand, im massively powerful. so i have to show no mercy and just kill kill kill. and its pretty badass that im doing it all in a nice set of clothes.

[MENTION=1814]invisible[/MENTION]

Ask around for a casual-friendly guild to join. I'm sure there'll be plenty you can join who you can talk with and run dungeons with.

Reactions: invisible
ive never played an MMO before so i dont really have anything to compare it with. i find it similar to real life, like that im running around in a world that is full of people and rarely interacting with them, and usually operating on the basis of casual ostracism. although last night i said on the general chat that i was having trouble with a boss and a really nice stealth character showed up out of nowhere and we did part of the quest together and traded some items at the end, and that was all really fun. i havent actually been into the PvP arena yet and it might be a long time before i do.

as a game it seems really good to me. im enjoying it a lot. i read on the internet that the story isnt very good, but i think its pretty good. its very quest directed, and you really do need to go through the quests to develop your character, but i dont mind that, and the quests are pretty interesting. and for an example of how well written it is, in aldmeri dominion you start off on a high elf island, but you have to go to a khajit island. the elf queen is talking about how she wants to make khajit have equality with altmer, and when you go to the khajit island you can see that by comparison to the elves, they just arent as wealthy, and they have different jobs. no one actively talks about these particular differences, but its there in the game to notice if you are paying attention. i see that as being depth of storytelling.

im loving the pure mage character. they really nailed it. im seeing very few other pure mages around, so it must not be very popular, but they really did make it what it should be. the skill development is rich. also on the one hand, im very fragile, and just a few hits can take me down, but on the other hand, im massively powerful. so i have to show no mercy and just kill kill kill. and its pretty badass that im doing it all in a nice set of clothes.

Sounds awesome!!

Have you played Skyrim or any of the other Elder Scroll games!? :)

Is this game so advanced it plays like this?

[video=youtube;7s1mVac4zic]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7s1mVac4zic[/video]

Sounds awesome!!

Have you played Skyrim or any of the other Elder Scroll games!? :)

ive played over 500 hours of Skyrim.... loved it. tried Oblivion but i dunno after the visual richness and smooth combat of skyrim couldnt really get interested. the biggest difference ive noticed from Skyrim is that eso isnt as truly open world, progress through world depends more on quest and level progression. you also get a lot less loot. but crafting is huge.

ive played over 500 hours of Skyrim.... loved it.

I suppose you are an expert in Skyrimology. Do you have a diploma for the hours you have spent in the game?

I suppose you are an expert in Skyrimology. Do you have a diploma for the hours you have spent in the game?

no, my undergrad work was a BA in literature. im doing an MA in information science at the moment. i dont have any formal qualifications in game programming or any other related areas, playing games is just something i enjoy doing for fun.

Skyrim was awesome, loved it, i haven't played in a while, i ended with the vampyres dlc, after killing the other dragonborn, building my own home seemed too boring, but overall, it was a really good gaming experience . Haven't played it since a year or so, so i'm a little bit outdated. Compared to Oblivion it was better, WAY better, i was waiting for the online version, but now i don't know if i would get it.

However when it comes to role playing games, i'm a bit of a masochist and i prefer a good time getting killed a 100th times in Demon's Stones, or Dark Souls, that, contrasting with the elder scrolls is a torture chamber, lol.

no, my undergrad work was a BA in literature. im doing an MA in information science at the moment. i dont have any formal qualifications in game programming or any other related areas, playing games is just something i enjoy doing for fun.

Humor is a delicate art, it appears.

Humor is a delicate art, it appears.

sorry, i did not find it funny at that time, because sometimes it feels like people are constantly giving me serious criticisms or talking to me like im some kind of idiot, for the things i appreciate, choices i make, or my personality or character, but i can appreciate the humor at this time.

ive played over 500 hours of Skyrim.... loved it. tried Oblivion but i dunno after the visual richness and smooth combat of skyrim couldnt really get interested. the biggest difference ive noticed from Skyrim is that eso isnt as truly open world, progress through world depends more on quest and level progression. you also get a lot less loot. but crafting is huge.

From playing eso beta- that's what I noticed. I wasn't sure if it would have changed for the launch. I loved the open world feel, being able to go whereever, and pick up whatever you wanted!

people in this game are pointless to try to interact with. tonight i was almost completely slayed a daedra enemy and some dude zipped in at the last moment and took a single hit at it. i took the killing hit. then the other player speedily raided the boss chest and i got nothing, even though i had slain the boss. you chat on the general chat and people just completely ignore you. it kind of sucks. i need to figure out if there is a way i can turn the general chat off, because i would rather just go ahead and play in my own little world.

people in this game are pointless to try to interact with. tonight i was almost completely slayed a daedra enemy and some dude zipped in at the last moment and took a single hit at it. i took the killing hit. then the other player speedily raided the boss chest and i got nothing, even though i had slain the boss. you chat on the general chat and people just completely ignore you. it kind of sucks. i need to figure out if there is a way i can turn the general chat off, because i would rather just go ahead and play in my own little world.

Yeah! I kind of like the solo nature of skyrim...not sure I will like it otherwise!!!

Yeah! I kind of like the solo nature of skyrim...not sure I will like it otherwise!!!

i know what you mean, i like to lock myself away in my own little world too. its a different experience, but its still pretty fun. maybe you can get it later when the price comes down and we can run around and harvest some resources and slay some beetles. :)

i know what you mean, i like to lock myself away in my own little world too. its a different experience, but its still pretty fun. maybe you can get it later when the price comes down and we can run around and harvest some resources and slay some beetles. :)

heheeh!!! that sounds fun!!

I'm playing final fantasy right now- I think the mechanics are a lot like ESO. I'm really enjoying it! I like that your character can be all the classes, and all have all the crafting/gathering jbos too! and it's SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO cute!!

Oh! AND you can have your own house!