The Elder Scrolls Online | INFJ Forum

The Elder Scrolls Online

invisible

On Holiday
Sep 30, 2009
Avalon Archipelago
MBTI
none
will anyone be playing TES Online? do you think its going to be good?

ive never played an online multiplayer. i logged in to Second Life once but i found it overwhelmingly boring. but i love Skyrim and Fallout 3 and New Vegas. but i think the thing that i really like about those games is that your appearance can be customised so much, and that youre kind of the king of the world - not only the most important character, but you can also use console commands and the creation kit to modify parts of the game. the developers excite me, but i dont think the game excites me that much.

i did sign up to play the beta, but they didnt ask me to do it. did anyone play the beta?

No, I find MMORPGs boring. If I'm playing an RPG then I want the focus to be on my story, rather than on a collective narrative. The only time I enjoyed playing an online RPG was with Neverwinter Nights. There was no trolling and most people there were mature and focused on creating an interesting story. It was little different than playing Dungeons and Dragons.

I am a fan of Bethesda, but some of their practices make it difficult to trust them. The Elder Scrolls Online will probably be littered with micro-transactions and stuff like forcing you to pay money in order to play certain races

I've been a pretty hardcore WoW and TES player for awhile- so I was looking forward to this! But I played the Beta and...I dunno....it didn't live up to my expectations. I haven't decided if I'll play it when it comes out. I imagine it'll change a bit from the Beta, so that is a bit more of an allure for me!

Honestly …

… I find LARPing to be more fun, but if not for the embarrassment while doing it.

As for MMORPGs go … TESO looks fun, but do you know what is actually more fun? Grinding mortgages!

Just kidding, will check it out.

GONNA PLAY THE BETA THIS FRIDAY!

Probably I would.

It might just be my internet...but it took me 18hours to download the game...18!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

how much can you customise your face? can you switch from first person to 3rd person camera, and can you pan around your character? because its all about me being placed in the fantasy land, yes it is.

how much can you customise your face? can you switch from first person to 3rd person camera, and can you pan around your character? because its all about me being placed in the fantasy land, yes it is.

I might tell you on Friday. This is when the stress test beta is.

There's crazy customization! I didn't find the graphics were as good as the other TES games, but it was still VERY impressive! I spent a long time just customizing myself!

yeah im really turned off by that kind of thing. it does seem mainstream to me, but that doesnt mean im ok with it.

Yeah these are common practices nowadays in mainstream games. A lot of big video game corporations are losing money or even going bankrupt and they wonder why.

It might just be my internet...but it took me 18hours to download the game...18!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not surprising, it's 60 gigabyte download. I actually had to go to a different site to find the system requirements. The official website didn't have them; how ridiculous is that?

[MENTION=5750]Shaqie[/MENTION] how did you like the beta?

[MENTION=5750]Shaqie[/MENTION] how did you like the beta?

Because of bad connection I enjoyed no beta, bad time to have to do so, when I move to a new place.

Because of bad connection I enjoyed no beta, bad time to have to do so, when I move to a new place.

bummer :(

they'll likely have more stress tests!

bought the game and got it d/l now. not sure when im going to get to play though, im hoping to submit this assignment im working on one day. i did launch it and it was kind of exciting to see the menu and listen to the dragonborn theme. although it would have been cooler if they had written a new theme, the dragonborn theme still impresses. has anyone been playing?

Last edited: