Social Interactions: Acceptance | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Social Interactions: Acceptance

How do you focus on acceptance during social interactions?

• I focus on gaining acceptance from others.

Votes: 8 29.6%
  • I focus on accepting others.

Votes: 13 48.1%
  • I don't focus on acceptance at all.

Votes: 6 22.2%

• Total voters
I spend most of my effort and time trying to accept other people for who they are and how they are. I believe as humans we are biased and imperfect, and if we pay attention, we can catch when our biases get in the way of taking people as they come and for who they are.

Acceptances does NOT mean agreeing.

I don't agree with a lot of the people I accept.

I just accept, people will be the way they will be---and I try not to be specific because giving people certain traits and characteristics such as 'this person is a slob' or 'this person is hardworking' tends to encourage stereotypes.

"Great people talk about ideas. Average people talk about things. Small people talk about people."

I try to focus on accepting more on being accepted for the same reasons, Slant stated. And in my opinion it's much more interesting for me, because it amuses me how people can be different and same, their little quirks are always intriguing to me, and I'm most of the time focused on others than on myself.

Love the quote!

I focus on accepting others because:

1. Acceptance is an integral part of my spiritual development, as I understand it, and,
  2. Accepting others (or not) is a choice that is mine to make. I try not to focus on choices which are outside my person - doing so tends toward the experiences of frustration and disappointment.

cheers,
Ian

Last edited:
I think accepting others is an integral part of accepting yourself. Lately i just work on accepting others as they are and I don't fret about it if people don't accept or get me. I just move on because everybody is always on different levels of acceptance or another.