So, are you worth it? | INFJ Forum

So, are you worth it?

soulseeker

Permanent Fixture
Dec 19, 2008
MBTI
INFJ
Hello :) I can't sleep :m080:and I don't have an interesting book to read before I sleep tonight because I just finished the ones I bought last night :)

so anyways.... I'm just going to ask something :)

do you feel worth it?:m171: I mean, in any relationship you're in
are you worth it? being a mother, a father, a sister, a brother, a friend or a lover :)) hahaha

Do you feel that they're lucky to have you because you're....:m052:awesome!?!? or you're lucky to have them and sometimes think that they deserve better?

hehehe :m105:

Most of the time I would feel worth it, but sometimes, I screw up.

as far as i'm concerned, anyone who knows me or has me in their life is extremely privledged and should be totally grateful.

[except for the occasional mood swing]

it is important to remember, that as great as you [or i] may be, there is always room for improvement and growth. so that should be initiative to keep an open mind, to learn, to grow, to allow, accept, and enjoy!!

Reactions: barbad0s
i am worth it to those who understand and can appreciate it.

Reactions: donkeybals
Yes, I am worth it. Single ladies on the forum, are you paying attention? =P

i am worth it to those who understand and can appreciate it.

Like :)

I don't think I'm a worth it daughter (I'm really not)... I think I'll be a worth it sister if I had any siblings hehe...

I'm a worth it friend to my close friends ONLY :))

I don't know if I'm a worth it person :)

Reactions: Gaze
I usually feel both ways at once. I feel worth it because I hear that I am worth it and I know that they usually haven't had someone that connects and is endlessly supportive the way I naturally am. I don't think it makes me super duper special since I was born that way; its not like I sacrificed anything to be what I naturally am. So I do feel worth it in that those things are a need for people and I'm providing that.

I often haven't felt worth it because I'm still working on total self-acceptance and its easy to feel like a total freak instead. Its recent that I've really grown into myself emotionally (and I refuse to get into anything serious until I'm in a better place with that, just creates train wrecks otherwise), so in past relationships I've had more self-doubt or shame than I do now.

I especially felt shame for having feelings that seemed obsessive or too much too fast that I'd have to suppress because I knew it'd freak them out. I honestly felt like a psycho sometimes! Even if I was just thinking of positive things for them or doing things for them, it became easy to live for them instead of live my life (I think most girls go through this phase of learning not to do that, mine was very easy to fall into). Its also tiring to spend all your time trying to tone down your feelings because you feel they're wrong. Usually it turned out they felt just as much for me and just as connected to me early on, we were both too scared to admit it. That helped me realize it was often just me connecting with them in that and knowing in a way how they already felt.

I always know when they love me. Sometimes I think to when I'll get engaged, the guy would have to be a freaking magician to surprise me. Its just impossible to do.

Yes, of course.

I never feel "perfect" and I don't have soaring self-esteem 24/7, but there is a bedrock of adequacy in my identity founded upon the recognition of my better attributes.

Yes, I am worth it. Single ladies on the forum, are you paying attention? =P

*[MENTION=1009]bamf[/MENTION] senses tingle for a moment, then brushes it off goes back to watching the movie*

Hehe. JK. :p

I feel worth it. :) And I feel blessed to have the people I have.

Reactions: bamf
People who excessively worry about whether they're worthy enough for others tend to damage their relationships because of insecurity, even if the notion of questioning their worth makes them think they're upholding some standard of humility. Which isn't to say modesty is bad, just don't overdo it.

Yes, I am. (Although, I have to tell this to myself sometimes [quite often if I have a mood swing].)
There are some relationships in my life which aren't worth it... (For ex my relationship with my mother, who I hate as much, like nobody else.) But that doesn't turned out like this because of me in my honest opinion...

Not in my opinion.

Yes, of course.

I never feel "perfect" and I don't have soaring self-esteem 24/7, but there is a bedrock of adequacy in my identity founded upon the recognition of my better attributes.
+1

Of course I feel worth it. I wouldn't be where I am today, and I wouldn't be doing what I am doing if I did not feel "worth it". I have moments where I lose this, but it's simply during highly stressful times, and I always come out of it.

People who excessively worry about whether they're worthy enough for others tend to damage their relationships because of insecurity, even if the notion of questioning their worth makes them think they're upholding some standard of humility. Which isn't to say modesty is bad, just don't overdo it.

And this.

I always worry I'm not living up to my own expectations...like what did I do today to mess up my kids for life? Am I doing as much as I could be? How could I have done this better? I hate making mistakes, even though I know that it's how you learn, because I don't like the idea of hurting someone else.

I also grew up in a household where you weren't important as what you did. So I know I've come to see myself as only worthy if I've accomplished a great deal. Intellectually, I know that I have good qualities and that I am deserving of these relationships that I pour my heart into, but old thought patterns are difficult to erase.

Reactions: jyrffw54
Dunno yet. I'll try to remember this thread when I'm on my death bed.

I always worry I'm not living up to my own expectations...like what did I do today to mess up my kids for life? Am I doing as much as I could be? How could I have done this better? I hate making mistakes, even though I know that it's how you learn, because I don't like the idea of hurting someone else.

I also grew up in a household where you weren't important as what you did. So I know I've come to see myself as only worthy if I've accomplished a great deal. Intellectually, I know that I have good qualities and that I am deserving of these relationships that I pour my heart into, but old thought patterns are difficult to erase.

+1