Should you be dead? | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Should you be dead?

That could turn into a big discussion. Like if I can make myself happy by just staring at a wall the rest of my life why not do it?

If that is a value and what makes you happy, then that can be a purpose. It usually means somehow getting enough finances together to do this.

This reminds me of detentions at school. Staring at a spot on the wall for 3 hours.

Reactions: Milktoast Bandit
God didn't want me here but science said fuck that (or is that still God's work? ;) ). Should have died at birth, should have been mentally disabled, should have died again later. Other times too, drowning, car wreck, psychos, etc etc but too bad you're all stuck with me still.

If that is a value and what makes you happy, then that can be a purpose. It usually means somehow getting enough finances together to do this.

This reminds me of detentions at school. Staring at a spot on the wall for 3 hours.
No I mean that I have enough control of my mind to find some amount of happiness simply by calling upon it. Its pretty easy actually. Just focus on a memory of being happy, take the feeling and amplify it. It takes work but it is possible. I suppose most people would like to just be happy without working at it though.

Reactions: James
I have several almost death situations but the scariest one was when I was driving home from the city with my best friend and sister. I was on a two lane trestle bridge, ironically in a Nissan Sentra @PintoBean !!! and speeding and passing a huge truck. I couldn't get quite past it and a wide load truck partially blocking the upcoming lane I was in. I couldn't stop in time nor could I pass. I literally closed my eyes and knew we would all die. To this day, I have no idea how we were unscathed. Maybe I am dead and this is all an illusion...

I have several almost death situations but the scariest one was when I was driving home from the city with my best friend and sister. I was on a two lane trestle bridge, ironically in a Nissan Sentra @PintoBean !!! and speeding and passing a huge truck. I couldn't get quite past it and a wide load truck partially blocking the upcoming lane I was in. I couldn't stop in time nor could I pass. I literally closed my eyes and knew we would all die. To this day, I have no idea how we were unscathed. Maybe I am dead and this is all an illusion...

Did you end up overtaking the truck? I'm biting my nails to know what happened and whether you survived.

i should've been dead twice but i'm still breathing. one was when i was 3, i don't breathe when i cry so i lacked oxygen and turned purple.. mom gave me a resuscitation.. she literally gave me life :p and then i had dengue fever with internal bleeding, fluctuated plasma which despite 3 bags of platelets kept fluctuating.. the doctor already talked with family members that there's very little chance i'd survive.

i don't know my purpose, just really living my life as i should :p

I have had some dealings with @Scientia (see this post here http://www.infjs.com/threads/using-your-skills-to-get-what-you-want.32470/#post-928267 ) and I know the inside story of this night. She was out late, and I mean "real late" like 10.30pm late. This after promising her poor long suffering parents she would be home 9.30pm latest. She was supposed to be watching her younger sister (see how she left that part out?) instead, she was dressed as a Goth and driving at 885mph or something like that. No exaggeration. I don't want to be a snitchy pants, but I understand she had also 'crimped' her hair.

It is my belief Jesus did not take the wheel. Instead she did some kind of deal 'with the devil' and this is how she survived. Either this, or she did die, and this member is a cyborg from the future. Sounds crazy ? Read some of her other posts... Classic cyborg..

NB Safety note. If you are in a life threatening situation, call 911, or call your Mom or best friend, or someone. But DON'T just close your eyes, or hide under the covers. It is not recommended by most websites. Also, take great care, calling or texting on a mobile phone whilst driving at 885mph. Anything over 800mph can be dangerous.

Additional..
I have a strange intuition, I maybe about to have a near death experience after this post... Scientia ? Put the gun down... oops..

Last edited:
@James I will never speak badly of the dead but you are mistaken. That was not the same night.

Stop telling my stories! That's my job.

Like a lot of denials, it is also at least partially an admission.. lol

I notice you didn't deny the times, or the crimped hair. The rest are just details..

Reactions: Scientia and James
I could be dead. Have any of you verified that I am not a zombie, ghost, or vampire?

But then, are the undead the same as the dead? Because they are still alive in some sense, or they might have a functioning nervous system. Do vampires feel pain? It would be weird if they did not.

That could turn into a big discussion. Like if I can make myself happy by just staring at a wall the rest of my life why not do it?

Why not indeed. Bodhidharma stared at a wall for 9 years. So if you decide to do this, join a group of Buddhist hipsters and make sure they see you do it. That way, instead of being called crazy, you will be called enlightened.

Problem-No-problem-meme-41203.jpg

Twice. Once I was too young to know it. For some strange reason when I was a kid I decided I thought a nickel would be good to eat. I remember putting it in my mouth and thinking, yeah I probably shouldn't do this but I'm gonna. I swallowed it and I choked on it. Lol

The second time I was plenty old enough and I didn't walk away from that with a sense of purpose, but an overwhelming feeling of dread and heaviness that took awhile to shake.

Reactions: Scientia