Sherlock Holmes. | INFJ Forum

Sherlock Holmes.

S

Shai Gar

Take this from someone who generally hates books/comics -> movies.
Take this from someone who knows a lot about magic.
Take this from someone who has a copy of every single Sherlock Holmes story ever written by Doyle. Yes, even that one.
Take this from someone who Loves SH.

This movie is fucking shitload levels of Awesomtastic.

It stuck to who the characters really are, with a slightly minor and forgivable character change of making Holmes from an INTJ, into a reclusive ENTP. This movie was made from Realism.

Also. It helps that before Holmes opened his mouth with what actually happened, I had figured out precisely how half of the magic spells really worked, and had two feasible solutions for two of the other three spells I didn't figure out.

AWESOME.

[youtube]DdO1YpVSTWs[/youtube]
[youtube]Cv883wfeTtw[/youtube]

lol never actually watched this but it seems interesting. I might just watch it lol.

Man, I've heard so much good press about this lately...I was reluctant because I'm a Holmes purist, but I might need to go now. Maybe I'll borrow Mom's car and we can see it tomorrow, or the day after.

I wasn't going to go because I too am a purist. But I got free tickets and it's the best movie I've seen all year.

that's funny because my grandma is going to see this sunday instead of avatar because 'she's sick of seeing movies late'. this should be an awesome one for her to go see.

I wasn't going to go because I too am a purist. But I got free tickets and it's the best movie I've seen all year.
Was the tone of the trailer representative of the movie as a whole? I was quite turned off by it (although, to be fair, I have a particularly strong attachment to Holmes' INTJ character).

Well I suppose I now know what movie my friends and I shall see next week :m197:

I was thinking about not bothering with this one despite liking Downey Jr simply because book to movie adaptations generally fill me with rage.

No, this movie is a fail.

Unless you like action over script.

I am still yet to forward my plan to crush hollywood. :m158:

Last edited:
It's about a secret soceity and various occult symbolism can be seen throughout the movie, it's a must see :p

Someone never read the books then. Holmes moved fast, and he was a fighter.

srsly???

I've too read everything on SH and consider those memories precious, but the movie trailer made me want to run away and scream with horror.

I just rewatched the trailer. It's not as actiony as that. They took all the action parts and glued them together, completely misrepresenting the film.

srsly???

I've too read everything on SH and consider those memories precious, but the movie trailer made me want to run away and scream with horror.

+1

My ISTP, INFP, ENFP and INTJ siblings ran away as far as they could when they saw it.

Last edited:
it is not that fast paced. They sewed all the fast bits together.
Posted via Mobile Device

srsly???

Me too...

OK, seen it and have actually enjoyed the feature. SH in my mind has always been more of introverted character (after all he could spend weeks drooling in his apartment) but ENTP appearance suits him well.

I was going to create a thread about him, but Shai beat me to it. I am in love with that man. (Sherlock Holmes not shai :p )

I think ENTP-ing him for the movie was a good idea. It brought out SH's cleverness and craftiness. It was interesting to watch him in action. :D

I hope they make a second movie.