Sh** tests | Page 5 | INFJ Forum

Sh** tests

Attached is the trend of the search term "Shit Test" since 2004. There is a positive, loose correlation based simply on time as a determinant as evidenced by the r square 39.5

I guarantee one could come up with other hypotheses of recent social phenomena to correlate it's rise as a "trend"
Yeah but that doesn't explain why you have started a conversation about it.

My point was that you seem overly concerned with 'women' in general, and have displayed a cynicism on this in the past.

And another...

Obviously correlation is not causation, but I'm sure one could get to the bottom of it and demonstrate it mathematically or in the framework of a system

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-09-24 at 6.36.03 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-09-24 at 6.36.03 AM.png
    57 KB · Views: 4
Yeah but that doesn't explain why you have started a conversation about it.

My point was that you seem overly concerned with 'women' in general, and have displayed a cynicism on this in the past.

Lol dude obviously I've been affected by it and it shakes my internal conviction

What is your motivation in calling into question the merit of the idea based on your personal observations of me

Is this 'number of Google searches' controlled for the total number of all Google searches globally?

A lot of this trend might simply be the noise of increased Internet use over time generally.

Lol dude obviously I've been affected by it and it shakes my internal conviction

What is your motivation in calling into question the merit of the idea based on your personal observations of me
Your cynicism is more interesting to me and pertinent to this thread than the idea of 'shit tests' generally.

It's just 'something you don't like about wpmen'

Your cynicism is more interesting to me and pertinent to this thread than the idea of 'shit tests' generally.

More like objective reality

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-09-24 at 5.37.50 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-09-24 at 5.37.50 AM.png
    164.8 KB · Views: 2

It's obvious you're focusing on your subjective impression of me rather than an idea that has merit

Is this 'number of Google searches' controlled for the total number of all Google searches globally?

A lot of this trend might simply be the noise of increased Internet use over time generally.

It's called an index

Learn how to google

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-09-24 at 7.11.52 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-09-24 at 7.11.52 AM.png
    175.4 KB · Views: 3
  • Screen Shot 2019-09-24 at 5.37.50 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-09-24 at 5.37.50 AM.png
    164.8 KB · Views: 3
Attached is the trend of the search term "Shit Test" since 2004. There is a positive, loose correlation based simply on time as a determinant as evidenced by the r square 39.5

I guarantee one could come up with other hypotheses of recent social phenomena to correlate it's rise as a "trend"

Interesting.

What are your thoughts on how this correlates with the trending discussions on catcalling and #metoo?

Reactions: Misty and mintoots
Can also think of it like a stock market analogy...

Suppose you bought $25,000 worth of "Shit Test" shares in 2007 which would be roughly 1,560 shares. Those 1,560 shares would now be worth about $148,000 in 2019--a nearly 500% increase!!

Interesting.

What are your thoughts on how this correlates with the trending discussions on catcalling and #metoo?

First and foremost, it's obvious the trends in "shit tests" have gone up quite a bit.

Not correlated to catcalling or metoo. I don't think search terms alone should be used as correlation. If you look at #metoos trend, you'd have to control for a lot more outlier noise because that had significant national movements and events associated with it. I do not think something like "shit tests" would rise or fall in parallel to gigantic swells in public attention to a movement that gets it's own hashtag...

That doesn't mean they wouldn't be correlated in other types of studies either...

Besides, the larger correlations were to emotional abuse and dating anxiety...

First and foremost, it's obvious the trends in "shit tests" have gone up quite a bit.

Not correlated to each. I don't think search terms alone should be used as correlation. If you look at #metoos trend, you'd have to control for a lot more outlier noise because that had significant national movements and events associated with it. I do not think something like "shit tests" would rise or fall in parallel to gigantic swells in public attention to a movement that gets it's own hashtag...

This is something you touched up on it in your OP, though. I figure since you asked, you must have some thoughts on it already. I’d be curious to hear what they are.

This is something you touched up on it in your OP, though. I figure since you asked, you must have some thoughts on it already. I’d be curious to hear what they are.

I think from what I've seen is that it's potentially linked to emotional abuse, dating anxiety and sexual assault

My asking it comes from a place of recognizing social inequitable behavior based on gender i.e. having a gender given more grace to be abusive. And I know this from first-hand experience

Now, one could ask, well, it's partially related to past abusive behaviors in totality from the opposite gender, and this is a defense mechanism, but that does not make two wrongs a right. Further, does it make it right to place all of that history of generational abuse onto someone who had nothing to do with it in the present day

Lastly, there is another element not yet described which has to do with social capital

Reactions: Wyote
Further, I'd argue that a portion of "shit-testers" do it just to do it and or do it to "size-up" a man

I.E. it has almost nothing to do with threat of sexual violence in some instances

There would have to be some study done that suggests that the propensity for sexual or other violence by someone is correlated with their ability to pass a shit test to have some merit from a possible "deterrent" perspective absent from any moral or social considerations. Maintaining control and composure are certainly needed to NOT perform violence on someone. However, if one is throwing verbal violence to illicit a possibly violent response (verbal or other), then it should not be a surprise if one reacts to it unfavorably. I'm not saying a response to it is right or wrong, but if someone calls you a bitch, don't be surprised if someone calls you a bitch back. I have even heard from women before that they are looking for a man to respond back and to "not take shit"

Shit tests are a form of violence, and I've seen women condone these things lately all while they are increasing, so I'm simply asking: what gives?