Sh** tests | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Sh** tests

They proclaim it directly. It's not abstract.

I’m more interested in how you would know someone is against shit tests prior to receiving or observing a shit test

... that’s the abstract part

Like someone says I’m against shit tests—who does that? Your example implies you know people who have proclaimed such and then do shit tests. I just don’t know how you would know that

I never stated this part, or at least I didn't intend to insinuate it if I did

The most disappointing thing is that people who believe they are against shit testing end up devising the most convoluted shit tests inadvertently, unknowingly.
At least if you are going to give a person a shit test, make it obvious to yourself and your target.
I shit on shit tests.

Not trying to be a smart ass, but your quote says people who believe they are against shit tests end up devising the most xyz shit tests

That statement implies that you would know they are against shit tests, and I was asking how that’s possible?

Like someone says I’m against shit tests—who does that? Your example implies you know people who have proclaimed such and then do shit tests. I just don’t know how you would know that

You're placing your own paranoia about INFJs on me here.
People do shit testing as a kind of default instinctual mode a lot of the time, men and women alike.
I am referring to people who I have observed participating in shit testing, and then claim otherwise, and then continue to do it.
It's not rocket science here. I'm just making observations.

Reactions: mintoots
You're placing your own paranoia about INFJs on me here.
People do shit testing as a kind of default instinctual mode a lot of the time, men and women alike.
I am referring to people who I have observed participating in shit testing, and then claim otherwise, and then continue to do it.
It's not rocket science here. I'm just making observations.

Whoa dude, I’m not placing any paranoia on you. I’m literally asking a question because it appeared odd to me for someone to proclaim something like “I’m against shit tests”

Not a lot of people use that phrase or I would think would openly say something like that

That’s all

Yea, you kind of are

I feel like I need to preface these things with INFJs to make it known I’m coming from a certain place. Just like you said people should make it obvious to others...

Reactions: mintoots
e38c73bf53c6ab4f6946a654801c90bda7ee514f172538739e2d88183ac76c5b.jpg

I think Hos is referring to how I often take the feminist angle. (...Which is why I babbled on like that.)

Fair enough

It was asked from a feminist angle, though

Like it seems a bit hypocritical to want social equality and be the side that has more grace when shit testing

I think @Wyote is referring to a stereotype similar to the dramatic person who says they don’t want drama.

The whole shit test phenomenon seems like exactly what would be expected as a verbal defense mechanism in circles where the people getting tested self-describe as pick-up artists.

I kind of barfed in my mouth a little when reading the second article where dude was talking about his legal roids.

Reactions: Daustus
I think @Wyote is referring to a stereotype similar to the dramatic person who says they don’t want drama.

The whole shit test phenomenon seems like exactly what would be expected as a verbal defense mechanism in circles where the people getting tested self-describe as pick-up artists.

I kind of barfed in my mouth a little when reading the second article where dude was talking about his legal roids.

I get that. I know people do things to get people away from them if it’s impromptu or something. This stuff happens going into several months of a relationship, though

Is it too much to ask people to articulate their thoughts in a way that’s understandable

Apparently

Nah. People just aren't all that familiar with shit testing like I am, I guess. It's a pretty natural psychological phenomenon.

I get that. I know people do things to get people away from them if it’s impromptu or something. This stuff happens going into several months of a relationship, though

Basically, you are approaching "shit testing" in the context of women testing men, as a way of securing some sort of alpha status.
I am not interpreting it this way at all. And that is the source of our confusion here.

Reactions: mintoots and Asa