Sh** tests | Page 7 | INFJ Forum

Sh** tests

Tinder came out in 2013 or at least BOOMed that year

There is no causation present in the data other than it increased quite a bit over that time

It is possible that the term "shit test" picked up popularity and momentum after getting a formal label for it and this stuff has always existed to some extent. However, I'd argue giving it a formal label would mean it was getting momentum to begin with

Data clearly shows a significant change in upward trend in my opinion the fact that it's leveled out just means it's been around just as much as before relatively recently

That doesn't mean it didn't take a decent upswing. Further, we are talking about a SMOOTH line trend of 40% gain

The reality is volatility means it has swung much more than that

Yeah, Tinder came out September 2012 but wasn't popular till 2013. But that's details.

What do you think the effect of Tinder is here then?

However, I'd argue giving it a formal label would mean it was getting momentum to begin with
Yes, agreed.

Phenomena exist before terminology.

Data clearly shows a significant change in upward trend in my opinion the fact that it's leveled out just means it's been around just as much as before relatively recently
I don't think we're going to get anywhere with this part. Yes, there was an increase and then it leveled off. That's all I'm willing to state.

So I only skimmed through the thread, and I've never really heard of the term before. I think my *uneducated* guess would lie somewhere along the lines of what @Lady Jolanda is saying. To me what we've come to call shit tests (?) seem to be a very basic human interaction. I don't think it needs to be dressed up as so dramatic, apart from maybe the over the top cases of insecurity and what not. I think we all poke about on various levels, and all in all I don't think it's all that bad in and of itself. We all draw the line somewhere.

If this is becoming more prevalent as of lately I would say it has more to do with modern dating culture than the metoo movement. I don't think we hardly get enough time to build up our relationships like this, well, compared to what we used to, so we need to be more pragmatic.

honestly though my guess is as good as any, and I really have no idea what I'm talking about. peace

It's called an index

Learn how to google
Go fuck yourself. The snark is unnecessary as the burden of explanation here is upon you.

I think you've established, though, that the term does constitute a trend, even if we don't have a way of tracking the behaviour itself.

I agree with your analysis, too - 'shit testing' seems to represent another means of socially-acceptable violence against men particular, and hence bears some unpacking.

Reactions: Milktoast Bandit
This thread basically:

1. Wamens hurt my feels
2. Shit testing has in recent years become a popular term used to describe a phenomenon that has always existed
3. Third/fourth wave feminism continues to be stupid

Last edited:
Hypothetically...

If a man goes up to a woman and calls her names repeatedly, and the woman punches the man

Is the woman in the wrong?

a) It is wrong to take it to a physical level, but the situation could be understandable from their perspective if the other person when that person is forcing themselves repeatedly on them. Describe the whole situation.

b) Let's spice it up and switch the roles here:
-> If a man goes up to a man and calls him names repeatedly, and the man would punch the other man. Is he wrong?
-> If a woman goes up to a woman and calls her names repeatedly, and the she would punch the other woman. Is she wrong?
-> If a woman goes up to a man and calls him names repeatedly, and the man would punch the woman. Is he wrong?

The whole question provokes a gender bias..

What should have been asked: If a person goes up to another person and calls them names repeatedly, and that person punches the other person, is that person in the wrong? -> Refer to point a

I think more people need punched than we like to admit...
giphy.gif