Scarred you for Life Children Songs, Books, Media... | INFJ Forum

Scarred you for Life Children Songs, Books, Media...

arbygil

Passing through
Nov 29, 2008
MBTI
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Y'know, I just realized something...many books, movies, tv shows and songs of my youth were really, really weird. Or they struck me as eerie back then (and still do now).

Some things I remember:

1. The "Inchworm" song (just that "2 and 2 are four" sounded creepy)
2. The original Charlie and the Chocolate Factory movie. You CANNOT tell me that tunnel scene didn't creep you out. Especially with the chicken.
3. Original fairy tales. Especially Cinderella with the stepsisters. Their feet, man! Good God...
4. Uncle Wiggily books. It was that freakin' Skeezix.

I'm sure there are more, but those are the ones coming to mind right now. :p

Dr. Seuss used to give me some hellacious nightmares as a child.
Seeing any of the characters today still freaks out the inner child in me a little bit.
Kind of like those that have a fear of clowns I guess.
I swear that guy wrote those while on acid trips.

Uncle Wiggly. Wow, that's a dusty memory that was dormant till just now.
Kind of weird.

Cinderella.

That father needed to be locked up for allowing that sort of abuse.

There was some superhero segment they used to air during Aaah!! Real monsters, Ren and Stimpy, Angry Beavers, Catdog, etc.

The naked male figurine in only underwear reallly really creeped me out. I always left the room when I saw it.

Wallace and Grommit. Visually they digusted me and made me feel physically uncomfortable. They had real gross connotations for me. Hence I also hate Chicken Run. I like Shawn the Sheep though.

You'll probably find this amusing, but E.T. absolutely traumatized me as a child! I watched it when I was 7 or 8 or so, and I still refuse to watch it again! :m077:

Also I thought Alice in Wonderland was pretty scary. That queen...

1. The Nightmare Before Christmas (surprisingly Santa was scariest)
2. Chicken Run (the bit when the chicken's head is cut off)
3. Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (book and film. It's not for kids....)
4. The Lion King (when Mufasa died :()
5. The very Angry Ladybird (The bit with the whale O_O)

Surprisingly not the main childhood trauma film (Bambi) because I wasn't very fond of it.

Stephen King's IT.

(not a kids movie I know)

Definitely Wallace and Grommit and Chicken Run. Unfortunately for me, my parents and brother loved it.

The Wizard of Oz - those flying monkeys terrified me. Luckily the monkeys here are a lot cuter.

I had forgotten about Chicken Run! That movie was definately creepy.

Sigh, I can never conjure up these kinds of memories when I need to, though.

I do remember that "Him" from the powerpuff girls gave me the heebie jeebies, though.

Courage the Cowardly Dog. Some of the episodes were nice and were intended to be heartwarming, but then some were just creepy! There was this one with a fly that comes into Courage's house, and sucks the nutrients/flesh from Muriel and Eustace's bodies, leaving them as like shells of skin or something. Stuff was pretty scary for me as a lil one. Now watching reruns its just creepy.

Also there was this one episode of Spongebob Squarepants called "Wormy'. It ruined butterflies/dragonflies for me. It showed a cute lil butterfly...then it showed a close up of it!! it's face and eyes, and buzzing noise. It was so scary...:m167:

Its funny that some kids show scared me more then Freddy Krugar...

Its funny that some kids show scared me more then Freddy Krugar...

Well, one would expect kids' shows to be innocent and reassuring. Seeing something scary in such an environment - when you'd least expect it - would be especially scary.

Courage the Cowardly Dog. Some of the episodes were nice and were intended to be heartwarming, but then some were just creepy! There was this one with a fly that comes into Courage's house, and sucks the nutrients/flesh from Muriel and Eustace's bodies, leaving them as like shells of skin or something. Stuff was pretty scary for me as a lil one. Now watching reruns its just creepy.

aaw I loved it!!!!

Stephen King's IT.

(not a kids movie I know)

it traumatized me, even though I've never watched it (just watched a scene when I was a little kid)

the only one I can remmember right now is Pingu (god it was scary!!)

Last edited:
Seriously, who ever came up with making IT into a movie should be beaten badly. They raped my childhood.

scared of childrens stories... hahaha