Sandy | INFJ Forum

Sandy

this is only temporary

Community Member
Sep 9, 2011
MBTI
INFJ
Enneagram
Is everyone all right from the massive hurricane that hit the eastern seaboard of the US? I am particularly wondering if anyone has heard from Billy these past couple of days since I know he is in the region...

I know, I thought about him today. I figure he's lost power.

I'm good. My city floods easily, but also drains easily. It doesn't look like much happened here. There are quite a sum of people still without power though.

I am also a tad concerned for Billy...but I'm pretty sure it's his power being out.

I don't think we need to worry about Billy. He is probably looting liquor stores with a shotgun right now as we speak. Either that or trying to start a small war.

Is everyone all right from the massive hurricane that hit the eastern seaboard of the US? I am particularly wondering if anyone has heard from Billy these past couple of days since I know he is in the region...

Is he in Philly? If so, I live 15-20 mins from him so probably a power outage. The NJ shore was hit pretty badly and NY. Power outages are an issue around me. Some people won't have it back up until Nov 5th :(

Reactions: tfg345i4u5lw
I live in NY and power's been knocked out for the most part, haven't had power since Monday and the word is it'll be a few more days until there is power. This has been the first time I've been on the net since Sunday luckily the law firm I work at has power.

Sandy's a cunt.

I'm safe and I'm in the NYC. I was the only one with power on my street. Lucky me.

Sandy can't hold me down~

I'm from NY and have lots of family still there and yeah, the devastation in some of the areas I know really well is catastrophic, but it's not like the media makes it out to be. You'd think people were resorting to cannibalism if you read enough of the news articles!

If these small Midwestern towns can rebuild after a tornado, there's no reason NY won't just shrug this off a year or two down the road.

Reactions: Motor Jax
Im in Brooklyn, NY and fortunately have power and internet. Still no gas anywhere around here:m082: Think i turned into a poker pro from playing so much while waiting out Sandy.:m151:

-lives in Florida
-not hit by giant hurricane
-slightly confused
-feelsgoodman.jpg

If these small Midwestern towns can rebuild after a tornado, there's no reason NY won't just shrug this off a year or two down the road.

I agree, I think NY and CT will definitely build back within the next year but I think NJ is gonna have the toughest time. This tri-state area is resilient though. I love my people.... hardworking, resilient, compassionate (most!), and driven people. Best place on earth, imo!

NJ is lost forever.
They can't rebuild what was.
It will be different.
Maybe better. Maybe not.
But never the same.
And all that remains are memories.

Last edited:
No power
No heat
Supposed to boil water.
No Internet
No email
No lights
No cell phone AT&T sucks
No gas
Trees block every road, but won't drive cause can't get gas.
All food has gone bad.
Can't get to store.
People looting houses.
Houses completely leveled.
Beaches completely gone
Boardwalks destroyed

I could go on.

For what it's worth, I wish the best and pray for those affected badly by 1100 miles of nastiness. Hope it doesn't get too cold and nasty too quickly, and cannot imagine trying to find somewhere to live when one has lost one's home.

[MENTION=680]just me[/MENTION]
I hear you. But I have a problem with being told you need to evacuate and don't. Now you become an issue for emergency responders. That's a lot of money and risk. And a lot of people in NJ did just that, they ignored the governor. Now there's another storm and they have given up the cleanup and are focused at trying to rebuild defenses against the ensuing water. I'm on a hill,
I'm doing just fine. But now with this second storm it's a hard smack in the face, and I'm pissed if the emergency crew will spend time saving your sorry ass when you should have gotten the xxuck out. IMHO

-lives in Florida
-not hit by giant hurricane
-slightly confused
-feelsgoodman.jpg

i know how you feel.. i'm originally from Florida, in and around Tampa, raised all thru the south and have seen the devastation done by hurricanes in FL, AL, MS and LA

but now they have to deal with water-logged houses and fight the freezing temps

i feel bad for the folks stuck in suck predicament..

although the folks that did NOT evacuate?? guess they slept throughout all of Katrina
i mean a hurricane is big enough to see from space days in advance

on the other hand, tornadoes are unpredictable..
yea, i now live in tornado alley