Safe use of Se? | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

Safe use of Se?

May I just say that Se is apparently my most well developed function and I don't do anything dangerous, I rarely drink, and the only parties I go to are wedding parties.

That sounds pretty close to my behavior, at that level of description.
Se is not about activities, it's about living in the moment.

In that case, it's probably more developed than I thought. I always assumed that I had poor Se because I wasn't especially sensual or impulsive.

"Living in the moment" is a hard concept to quantify, but I'm pretty sure I do it regularly. At the very least, I can now see how surfing the Internet or playing most video games might be Se.

In that case, it's probably more developed than I thought. I always assumed that I had poor Se because I wasn't especially sensual or impulsive.

"Living in the moment" is a hard concept to quantify, but I'm pretty sure I do it regularly. At the very least, I can now see how surfing the Internet or playing most video games might be Se.

Surfing the internet is a very Ti/Te type activity. With videogames it depends what kind. A lot of RPG players like to focus on their future characters and situations making it a very N type activity. Action games are all about doing what you can in a split second which is Se.

Living in the moment is hard to quantify, but to try and help you visualise I'm typing this as it comes to mind instantly, I cant pre-think a post. I'm also hearing a conversation between my bosses about a property and going to get some milk. I'm also listening to the radio which is playing an awful song by Vampire Weekend.

I'm able to process all my senses in the moment at the same time because I'm not focusing on the future or the past. Whatever is happening now is all that matters.

A great game.

Perhaps it was a bad example as I get bored with it, mostly anyway.

I enjoy exploring new places for outdoors activities. Never gets old.

Since I'm very uneducated about all this Se , Ti and N "talk" - I'd like to ask:

I've done everything there is to do with horses - barrel race, dressage and jumping - as examples.
I've sewn many things in my life ranging from prom dress, mens's shirts to costumes.
I cook and design my own recipes all the time.
I love to trim bushes, pull weeds, and talk to my flowers and trees.

Are any/all of these activities considered Se?

Oh - and I've caddied and walked hole after hole through many golf tournemants with my first husband. Loved it outdoors on those beautiful golf courses. He appreciated my engineering skills with helping him to putt. I don't know why - but my ability helped him with his golfing abilities.

None of these activities are dangerous though....