How odd

PastelpinkPuppy

Regular Poster
Jul 10, 2017
Singapore
MBTI
INFJ
Enneagram
Si is not concious of the current moment and Se is in the moment. Si can regurgitate concrete facts like what lyrics to each song to what were you wearing from years or a decade ago and Se just sits there taking in everything in the senses, can be impulsive as well. But how much can Si pull from within and work itself when a speeding car comes straight at you. The failure to look at what's infront of you can put you in harms way if a person did not hold you back. This was what happened to a friend who has Si (not dom) who almost walked onto the road with a speeding car on the right. But a friend held her back. How is a person with Si not able to sense this since all humans are adept with all senses? What could a person be thinking about so much such that the sound of a car or the sudden sight of it at the side of the eye failed to alert the person? I never knew a person with Si was any different from an Se person since we all use senses. How will an Si dom user think of things? Will it look like a person who is always thinking of memories and the past despite more exciting things in the present that are happening to the person? I wonder how will each user view enjoyment of certain things. I thought we all think the same but it appears my thoughts are one sided.
And how is a person with Se able to enjoy all activities even dangerous ones, wont Si users also enjoy the same things as much since these are what society deemed as fun?

Reactions: Free, Ginny and acd
You're forgetting something, namely the other side of the functional spectrum, or rather you're missing the correlations of details withing the big picture. Si users have Ne as their action function, just like Se users have Ni as their knowledge function.

What could a person be thinking about so much such that the sound of a car or the sudden sight of it at the side of the eye failed to alert the person?
Much. All kinds of things really, from the grocery list to your own position within the vastness of the universe, or even multiverse if you believe in its existence. As an Ni-dom you ought to know this.

But nonetheless, you interpret way too much into that situation. There is such a thing called coincidence and/or a momentary lack of attention. Many variables can contribute to the occurrence of such a situation.

I
You're forgetting something, namely the other side of the functional spectrum, or rather you're missing the correlations of details withing the big picture. Si users have Ne as their action function, just like Se users have Ni as their knowledge function.

Much. All kinds of things really, from the grocery list to your own position within the vastness of the universe, or even multiverse if you believe in its existence. As an Ni-dom you ought to know this.

But nonetheless, you interpret way too much into that situation. There is such a thing called coincidence and/or a momentary lack of attention. Many variables can contribute to the occurrence of such a situation.
i do feel like i think too much till i get lost sometimes but i find most of the time i seem too in the moment, where everything doesnt escape from my vision. It seems i tend to think more when im in a safe environment as well and would put my phone down when walking towards dangerous areas. Im just wondering how deep is deep thinking or am i just merely touching the surface since i sometimes feel im not thinking deep enough.

Reactions: Sandie33
Odd:

INTPs believe strongly in fairness and justice, and they believe every decision should be according to logic and principle. Hence, irrational or unprincipled acts, especially those that affect them personally can become a source of frustration for the INTP and eventually lead to conflict.

If you’re making a decision, especially if it seems illogical or overly emotional, make sure you explain its rationale to an INTP.

https://www.personality-central.com/INTP-communication.html

Meanwhile, actual living INTPs have preferences and bias like all mortals. Not odd.

Insisting that obviously uneven applications of "punishment" is not the case, and that anyone who points out the favoritism is "butthurt" is hiding behind type. Principled behavior would be to admit one's bias.

It's as though NTs pretend not to be human (bias bleeds into a judge's ruling, ffs).

The depth of insecurity (or just deceit) irks me.

Reactions: Wyote
That quote reads like principles don't come from feeling. But having a strong sense of justice or unfairness IMO cannot be attributed solely to hard logic. It is the interplay of feeling and logic which bear the fruit of fairness and justice.

Would we even know what is fair if we were unfeeling? Or would we know what justice is if we didn't feel fairness?

That quote reads like principles don't come from feeling. But having a strong sense of justice or unfairness IMO cannot be attributed solely to hard logic. It is the interplay of feeling and logic which bear the fruit of fairness and justice.

Would we even know what is fair if we were unfeeling? Or would we know what justice is if we didn't feel fairness?

Oh, you are preaching to the choir!

I've made similar comments through the years.

Reactions: Ginny