relationship compatibility with other types | Page 4 | INFJ Forum

relationship compatibility with other types

relationship compatibility with other types

i know people are more complex than their mbti type, and any 2 healthy people can have a successful relationship.
i also think there is as much variation within a mbti type as there is between types

now that is out of the way....
which mbti type do you believe you are compatible with? Why?
Which mbti types have you had a successful relationship with? Why do you think this was? And what in your opinion is a successful relationship?

is there a mbti type that you believe you are more likely to be incompatible with? Why?
are there mbti types that you have had unsuccessful or unhealthy relationships with? Why? Was it more to do with individual factors or mbti preferences?

if there is another thread about this topic can someone please link it? i trawled through 10 pages of this sub forum before i gave up and started a new thread

I see you in Australia where abouts?

I was with an ESFP who I believed I was in love with. We were together for a bit over two years. After it ended I discovered she had been cheating on me. I did confront her about while we were together and she denied it. I shoyld have listened to my Ni and called it off. I was a young fool and that was a time where I had my heart broken for the first time.

A few years after that I met my wife. ESFJ. We were together for 5 years until ending earlier this year. It was the worst match up in history. She was controlling, manipulative and used me most of the time. The only thing that went right was our daughter. She will be 4 in January and is sleeping on my shoulder as I type this right now. I would never get into a realationship with an ESFJ again. I think they are the worst match up for INTJ's. I do believe that my ex is a good person she is just not a good person for me.

I have seen some INTJ bashing on here and I do understand where it comes from. The truth is that I am a strongly emotional and caring person. The problem comes from not being able to express these feelings in a way that others can understand. I do come across as cold and heartless at time and I do regularly hurt others feelings but 9 tines out of 10 it is a misunderstanding. I do have quite a well developed F side but Fi comes across very differently to Fe. I think if two people are mature enough to understand each others needs and wants anything could work.

As for me I would love to try dating another INTJ. I believe we would be able to give each other our own independence but both still be able to work together to achieve things as a team. In a realationship I really do need my alone time if I don't get it I become irritated and edgey and I'm not nice to be around. I think only being with Extroverted clingy woman in the past has been a problem for me because its just been 24/7 in my face. I think for a permenant realationship.i would need to be with an Introverted woman.

The lack of emotional sharing is keenly felt in all of those relationship types.

I think if one found an INTx who had actually had an awakening experience - the relationship might be totally encompassing - emotions and all. But...I've not found one...so don't really know.

As for the ESTJ - I don't think they're capable of developing "that bridge" with you. I once read on a personality profile the INFJ provides emotional and spritual guidance for the ESTJ. Like I said...we compliment one another.

Yes. It's the spiritual connection and understanding we crave. We are singularly alone right now at this time on our planet. I think it's by design as we have much work to do and un-awake mates create a drag on the momentum building right now. Almost all of the lightworkers I know who are doing the emotional clearing work from the planet are single.

I am more centered in my core being-ness than ever in my life and the need for emotional sharing is not quite as driving for me as it used to be. I am learning to truly be alone.
Muir mentioned the INTx's are emotional vampires....and I admit I would essentially agree with that.

I wonder if the connection we crave is the fact we're subconsciously remembering what it WAS like when we were 5d entities.... I wonder if we intuitively know there is more...

Me. I'm an INTJ and I have unplugged from the matrix.
[MENTION=1871]muir[/MENTION]. Dude relax not all INTJ's are bad people. Just most of us. Some of us have grown up.

I see you in Australia where abouts?

I was with an ESFP who I believed I was in love with. We were together for a bit over two years. After it ended I discovered she had been cheating on me. I did confront her about while we were together and she denied it. I shoyld have listened to my Ni and called it off. I was a young fool and that was a time where I had my heart broken for the first time.

A few years after that I met my wife. ESFJ. We were together for 5 years until ending earlier this year. It was the worst match up in history. She was controlling, manipulative and used me most of the time. The only thing that went right was our daughter. She will be 4 in January and is sleeping on my shoulder as I type this right now. I would never get into a realationship with an ESFJ again. I think they are the worst match up for INTJ's. I do believe that my ex is a good person she is just not a good person for me.

I have seen some INTJ bashing on here and I do understand where it comes from. The truth is that I am a strongly emotional and caring person. The problem comes from not being able to express these feelings in a way that others can understand. I do come across as cold and heartless at time and I do regularly hurt others feelings but 9 tines out of 10 it is a misunderstanding. I do have quite a well developed F side but Fi comes across very differently to Fe. I think if two people are mature enough to understand each others needs and wants anything could work.

As for me I would love to try dating another INTJ. I believe we would be able to give each other our own independence but both still be able to work together to achieve things as a team. In a realationship I really do need my alone time if I don't get it I become irritated and edgey and I'm not nice to be around. I think only being with Extroverted clingy woman in the past has been a problem for me because its just been 24/7 in my face. I think for a permenant realationship.i would need to be with an Introverted woman.

Me. I'm an INTJ and I have unplugged from the matrix.
@muir . Dude relax not all INTJ's are bad people. Just most of us. Some of us have grown up.

Awesome!!!! Welcome unplugged INTJ! :hug:

I'm starting to think INTPs (with exceptions, of course, since there's this occasional golden couple thing) are something to be very cautious with. They seem cuddly. They often are not. At all.

Reactions: Kgal