Votes: 7 19.4%
  • B, argue that NTs are the master race

Votes: 5 13.9%
  • C, inevitable joke answer: Xylophone

Votes: 16 44.4%
  • D, use their unlimited power to edit this poll. Xx, Lady Palpatine

Votes: 8 22.2%

• Total voters
Imagine a world of only NTs, the most rational place.

I believe that for nearly every decision that Elon Musk has to make, he internally evaluates its likelihood of success (in percentages). This might seem weird, but at the macro level when the pattern of decision-making becomes very complex, it is probably an immensely powerful tool to realise a highly ambitious long-term vision. There will be individual setbacks given the probabilistic nature of the evaluations but taken as a whole and in the absence of drastic contingencies, progress is almost ensured.

Maybe this is one possible definition of power?

Definition, no. One of the means to procure it, could be.

You're right, this is actually what I meant. I was going to edit my post but anyway, you fixed it before I did. :p

EDIT: although maybe it could be considered an organic part of the development of individual power. Proceeding in that way about decision-making is already, in itself, a way to keep control over one's environment and sway it in unusually influential ways. But yeah, ultimately probably more a means to power than power itself, understood in the socio-political sense.

@Ren
@Ginny
@Reason With Logic Filling

This got too theoretical for me ya'll.

I just want to become President of the United States.
Ya know, you're going to have to at least indulge in it if you wish to pursue this path. Or do you want to run your country into ruin like your current potato does?

Ya know, you're going to have to at least indulge in it if you wish to pursue this path. Or do you want to run your country into ruin like your current potato does?
Trump isn't a potato, he's a Cheeto

@Ren
@Ginny
@Reason With Logic Filling

This got too theoretical for me ya'll.

I just want to become President of the United States.

@Pin in a nutshell:

"Guys, let's theorize power!"

"...... OK that's a lot of talking. Actually, I don't want to theorize power that much, I'd rather just have it, like right now."

:biggrin:

Sounds good. Who's going to cook?
The ENTJs, clearly.

giphy.gif

I suspect that you enjoy the suffering of others- schadenfreude.

%27Taming_the_Donkey%27%2C_painting_by_Eduardo_Zamacois_y_Zabala%2C_1868%2C_private_collection.jpg

I lolled at this. The idea of @Wyote being the king of schadenfreude just sounds so hilariously far-fetched :tearsofjoy:

Who else enjoys finishing tasks but hates doing them?

The completion of a task can give me profound pleasure. It's also only then that I allow myself some leisure-related rewards. It's only healthy logic if it's not pushed too far, though.

Who else enjoys giving people impossible tasks and then laughing at them?

God, who gave us the impossible task of believing in him. *flees*

I'm baffled by that, how do you hate completing tasks? Is it an energy thing?
Once the novelty wears off and I know the solution, the exciting part of figuring something out is over and completing it just becomes a tedious chore.

Well... my dear Ginny, that's a fair point. However, I don't think I'd ever be as reckless and erratic as our current President. I expect the occasional scandal, however, nothing like him. He's nuts.

Polls are important.

Who else enjoys starting tasks but hates finishing them?

I saw Pin's post and was about to respond with exactly this, then I scrolled down and saw you'd already posted it. :tearsofjoy:

*gives pile of half-started projects in various states of abandonment a fond, commiserating pat* I'll finish you never someday, fellas.