Votes: 5 13.9%
  • C, inevitable joke answer: Xylophone

Votes: 16 44.4%
  • D, use their unlimited power to edit this poll. Xx, Lady Palpatine

Votes: 8 22.2%

• Total voters
@Reason With Logic Filling
@Ren

I want to explore two sub-ideas here under the umbrella of World Domination.

How powerful can a person become? Provide examples of the most and least powerful people who've ever lived to support your points.

How large can a state (polity) become before it collapses like the Roman Empire? Provide examples of successful or unsuccessful states, forms-of government, or economic systems to support your points.

Take your time.

Regarding how powerful a person can become: I know it's not the direction you want me to pursue but I'm really much more interested in how much power a person can have over themselves. In any case that could also be seen as a prerequisite of long-lasting power in the socio-political realm. So in regard to my own conception, I have to say that I have a great dose of admiration for Nietzsche and Marcus Aurelius. Nietzsche wrote most of his masterpieces with a constant migraine. Marcus Aurelius wrote his while suffering from stomach cancer, I believe.

Could you imagine achieving such a thing? Writing a stream of masterpieces while suffering from constant migraines? That's my idea of power.

Now, with regard to the more traditional understanding of power which you've espoused, I would recommend biographies of Stalin. The most impressive incarnation of that kind of power I've encountered.

This meme spamming is actually a part of the plan. It has two important functions: on the one hand it is a distraction for the masses so that the poor idealistic NF types won't get in the way because they'll be browsing the internet and writing about horoscopes. On the other hand, it lulls them into thinking that NTs are harmless creatures who would never make plans for world domination. But in secret we're building up an army and turning into evil blobs with tremendous powers <NOTE NFs I MEANT FLOWERS>. They won't know what's going on until it's too late.

Dnyarri.gif

And when all the idealists have been disposed of, I'll be the only NF remaining with a bunch of easily manipulated thinkers who rely too much on logic and don't notice when their feelings are used against them. Only then will I truly reveal my amazing psychic powers and become the sole ruler of the empire.

This meme spamming is actually a part of the plan. It has two important functions: on the one hand it is a distraction for the masses so that the poor idealistic NF types won't get in the way because they'll be browsing the internet and writing about horoscopes.

ASTROLOGY

OMG_Face_(Trollz0r).png

I love your humour @Fidicen :tearsofjoy: Would you enlist me as a fellow NF psychic-manipulator? I swear I'm not actually an undercover NT. :heartu:

Would you enlist me as a fellow NF psychic-manipulator?
Yes, maybe it would be a good idea to have another psychic as an ally since there's a remote possibility that the Rationals will get a whiff of the evil plan to manipulate them after all the other psychics are gone. Actually the memes work against the thinkers as well. They're getting overconfident and don't even notice that we're using subtle "like" signals to make them think that the meme spamming was their own idea. Even @Pin has fallen for it. Once we have convinced him that he's Napoleon, he'll soon start making mistakes.

Since they don't have psychic powers, they won't know what's going on, and logic won't help. But just in case I'll encrypt this conversation with a picture that makes them totally ignore the message, making sure they can't decode it.

Cute-unicorn-380x240.jpg

Even @Pin has fallen for it. Once we have convinced him that he's Napoleon, he'll soon start making mistakes.

:tearsofjoy:

You may not know this but there used to be a time when Pin called himself "Emperor Pin". And mind you, he did make a lot of mistakes, back then.

This meme spamming is actually a part of the plan. It has two important functions: on the one hand it is a distraction for the masses so that the poor idealistic NF types won't get in the way because they'll be browsing the internet and writing about horoscopes. On the other hand, it lulls them into thinking that NTs are harmless creatures who would never make plans for world domination. But in secret we're building up an army and turning into evil blobs with tremendous powers <NOTE NFs I MEANT FLOWERS>. They won't know what's going on until it's too late.

Dnyarri.gif

And when all the idealists have been disposed of, I'll be the only NF remaining with a bunch of easily manipulated thinkers who rely too much on logic and don't notice when their feelings are used against them. Only then will I truly reveal my amazing psychic powers and become the sole ruler of the empire.
NT empire... NF empire... meet your new boss, same as your old boss.

*Leaves civilization to nap under a tree in a meadow*
Tommy-Lee-Jones-in-No-Country-for-Old-Men.jpg

ASTROLOGY

OMG_Face_(Trollz0r).png

I love your humour @Fidicen :tearsofjoy: Would you enlist me as a fellow NF psychic-manipulator? I swear I'm not actually an undercover NT. :heartu:

Yes, maybe it would be a good idea to have another psychic as an ally since there's a remote possibility that the Rationals will get a whiff of the evil plan to manipulate them after all the other psychics are gone. Actually the memes work against the thinkers as well. They're getting overconfident and don't even notice that we're using subtle "like" signals to make them think that the meme spamming was their own idea. Even @Pin has fallen for it. Once we have convinced him that he's Napoleon, he'll soon start making mistakes.

Since they don't have psychic powers, they won't know what's going on, and logic won't help. But just in case I'll encrypt this conversation with a picture that makes them totally ignore the message, making sure they can't decode it.

Cute-unicorn-380x240.jpg

How about a manipulative psychic? If I were to actually work towards honing my powers instead of relying on pure talent, I'd be perfect for the job.

Not just because my natal chart says so :p (she said to deliberately annoy the NTs)

If Reason joins with logic filling,
he studies chaos, mayhem, killing,
while psychic powers of our @Ginny
subdue the feelers tall and skinny.
With charm we see commander @Ren
recruit a hundred thousand men.
How wild the fire, how sharp the @Pin
that can inspire our troops to win!
But no-one knows my secret aims,
not @ruji, @Lurk, not even @James.
We rule the world, opponents crush
assisted by the care bear @hush.
When sipping tea with sweet Jolanda
and sitting on my grand veranda
I watch them like a hunting owl
while in the night Wyotes howl.
But will the war of reason end
on seeing blood, a dying friend?

If Reason joins with logic filling,
he studies chaos, mayhem, killing,
while psychic powers of our @Ginny
subdue the feelers tall and skinny.
With charm we see commander @Ren
recruit a hundred thousand men.
How wild the fire, how sharp the @Pin
that can inspire our troops to win!
But no-one knows my secret aims,
not @ruji, @Lurk, not even @James.
We rule the world, opponents crush
assisted by the care bear @hush.
When sipping tea with sweet Jolanda
and sitting on my grand veranda
I watch them like a hunting owl
while in the night Wyotes howl.
But will the war of reason end
on seeing blood, a dying friend?

S9Fww0V.jpg

You may not know this but there used to be a time when Pin called himself "Emperor Pin". And mind you, he did make a lot of mistakes, back then.

Are we talking Hans Christian Andersen's The Emperor's New Clothes sort of mistakes, or... ?

vja4aPF.jpg

S9Fww0V.jpg

Are we talking Hans Christian Andersen's The Emperor's New Clothes sort of mistakes, or... ?

vja4aPF.jpg

I think it dates back to when he was an Emperor Pin-guin. He had no clothes, obviously.

I think his greatest mistake was that he was relaxing way too often for an ENTJ whose aim is to rule the world. Look at him:

emperor-adult-jpg.jpg

You almost made me spill my coffee onto my monitor when I saw this image. Damn those intps, I bet the Titanic sank because of one of you, huh? :p
Supposedly, it was an INTP who designed the Titanic. So yeah, technically... :grin: