• B, argue that NTs are the master race

Votes: 5 13.9%
  • C, inevitable joke answer: Xylophone

Votes: 16 44.4%
  • D, use their unlimited power to edit this poll. Xx, Lady Palpatine

Votes: 8 22.2%

• Total voters

Reactions: 5ufvdee369jcdd
See, I just disagree with this. I think an INTJ is more similar to an ENFP than to an INTP, for instance, but again this might be the biases of my 'sample' working against me. Why are they more similar? Simply because I'm privileging the shared Te/Fi axis over shared 'Thinker' status.

I cannot talk about how INTJ and ENFPs get along, but I can compare my relationships with INTJ and ENFJ, who are incidentally my two best friends in real life.

Emotionally, I definitely get along better with ENFJ. There is more laughter and emotional compatibility. So this friend would me be go to guy when it comes to more casual topics. However, INTJ friend is better when it comes to deeply personal topics, but I don't always enjoy heady atmosphere that goes along with it.

INTJs friend is also better when I need thinking trough some problems/decisions. After talking with an INTJ I always get new ideas and concepts to think trough. I feel inspired and motivated. Talking with ENFJs on the other hand is more cozy and relaxing, and less challenging.

So yes, superficially I would think that INTJ and ENFP (like INTP and ENFJ) get along better, but after spending some time with this type, I am sure you'd notice things that you prefer in a NTPs.

NTJ and NTP usually share the same values, but go about it from a different perspectives. NT and NF don't necessarily share the same values, but the way they think about it is close and relatable.

unless you count Lady J as one.

Reduce Her to whatever subjective descriptor of your choosing at your peril, as well as your willingness to play The Fool.

It Is Known,
Ian

Sorry, I'm not a native speaker of NF English. :D Wdym?

Lady J is named thus, and is sufficient, it is known. Other words and names are idle, and less. :)

Best,
Ian

Reactions: Jexocuha
INTPs are odd ducks to me. They seem to drift around in their mental constructs half the time, and channel a very playful light-hearted humour the rest of the time. I personally find it hard to engage with what seems to me like an unfocused, impractical temperament.

On the other hand, I find fellow INTJs a little daunting to spend time with. The intense goal-focused ambition and critical eye for inefficiency or ethical hypocrisy can be personally and professionally confronting. It's always benign, but can sting ego and delusions. With my INTJ friends, we'll spend relatively little time talking about serious things (INTJs prefer efficiency in all things), and the bulk of our time in the inferior extroverted sensing activities, like hiking, surfing, diving, etc.

INTPs are odd ducks to me. They seem to drift around in their mental constructs half the time, and channel a very playful light-hearted humour the rest of the time. I personally find it hard to engage with what seems to me like an unfocused, impractical temperament.
Do you feel as if you can only engage with focused/practical people?

Do you feel as if you can only engage with focused/practical people?
I only enjoy lively focused discussion, with real world relevance. More abstract topics can be interesting and an occasional indulgence, but can seem like repellent ego preening to me, because it has no purpose.

As for unfocused, meandering discussion, I have to consciously engage patience to tolerate it in a kindly way. It seems like many people can't think with their mouths closed, and can't communicate anything actionable with their mouths open. I know that's just how some people function, so engaging with them seems like part of the social contract of helping others.

I only enjoy lively focused discussion, with real world relevance. More abstract topics can be interesting and an occasional indulgence, but can seem like repellent ego preening to me, because it has no purpose.

As for unfocused, meandering discussion, I have to consciously engage patience to tolerate it in a kindly way. It seems like many people can't think with their mouths closed, and can't communicate anything actionable with their mouths open. I know that's just how some people function, so engaging with them seems like part of the social contract of helping others.
That makes sense to me. The way INTPs will use conversations to test ideas and play devil's advocate as a means to try to understand a topic from multiple angles would definitely feel like a waste to you I'd imagine what with it not being a fully formed and solid opinion. Not to mention all the truly irrelevant silly shit we get up to.

I also agree that there's too much abstraction in a lot of discourse. People seem very in love with their own ideas and in many cases not willing or not able to engage with the world as it actually is.