Votes: 7 19.4%
  • B, argue that NTs are the master race

Votes: 5 13.9%
  • C, inevitable joke answer: Xylophone

Votes: 16 44.4%
  • D, use their unlimited power to edit this poll. Xx, Lady Palpatine

Votes: 8 22.2%

• Total voters
This is a minor point but most American military officers in the Pacific theater found the atomic bombs totally unnecessary. At the time of the bombings Japan was essentially finished anyways.

Just sayin'
So you mean to tell me that the A-bomb was political theatre?

Reactions: BritNi
So you mean to tell me that the A-bomb was political theatre?

Reason may have a different view on this, but my impression is that it wasn't just theatre. Yes, the outcome of the war was already certain at that point. But the Japanese might not have surrendered. At least this is how Truman rationalized it: Japan had been at war for such a long time and the honour code meant that they had to keep on fighting, so if the bombs hadn't been dropped the US troops would have had to continue invading island after island, prolonging the war for several months. However, as Reason said, many generals thought that Japan would have surrendered anyway. We can't really know for sure what would have happened had things gone differently.

It's also been said that some generals wanted to see the effects of the weapon in action. It's a delicate issue with many arguments for and against.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Debate_over_the_atomic_bombings_of_Hiroshima_and_Nagasaki

Reactions: BritNi
I'm just here to...

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Carry on...

*slides on out of here*

tenor.gif

I mean... in the context of human civilization's timeline, Human Rights are a radical idea.

Definitely. Still radical today in many places of the world.

The concept of Human Rights is in some respects a masterpiece of human reason. The history of how it came into being is in itself a fascinating subject of study.

Quick, apprehend her!
Yes sir, I'm on it, sir!

*quietly removes @hush from the premises*
*takes hush to a secret location where the NF resistance is gathering forces, preparing for their own world domination through globally sustainable care bear power*
*puts on the NT mask*
*returns to the line of duty, whistling*

Now, back to planning our evil empire...

Quick, apprehend her!

How did your experiences with NT's in life go, huh?

Varied and illuminating. Far more positive, than negative. :wink: I learned, most of all, that the vast majority of negative stereotypes associated with NTs, stem from an unhealthy individual, rather than something representative of the group as a whole.

That whole unfeely robot thing doesn't really have any basis in reality, either.

As we age and mature, our functions tend to develop along with us, typically in order from most preferred, to least. So, for instance, I've noticed that older, healthy INTPs tend to exhibit quite a bit of Fe, and there's a warmth to them that stems from from that. Not that younger INTPs don't have this to a certain degree, as well - it just matures, like a fine wine.

Additionally, I tend to find discussion with NTs stimulating and engaging. Except maybe on the INTJ forum... there's something overly sterile about that place, like someone's scrubbed down the walls and surfaces with too much antiseptic.

like someone's scrubbed down the walls and surfaces with too much antiseptic.

Trying to compensate for their filthy souls(?)

*this is a joke

earned, most of all, that the vast majority of negative stereotypes associated with NTs, stem from an unhealthy individual, rather than something representative of the group as a whole.

I have the same experience. Most of my male friends have been NTs, and my impression of at least INTJs is that they're not cold at all. On the internet they seem more abrasive and I'm somewhat baffled by the difference. But I guess it's just the general difference between people who are your friends and everyone on the internet. Being anonymous online certain aspects of our personalities tend to be pushed down, and I myself tend to stay more reserved when writing compared to seeing people offline.

I wasn't sure what to expect when I made this thread, and I certainly didn't expect us to go from world domination to NT love but I'm perfectly satisfied with things so far.

Also we can take bets on when a new forum member takes this as an opportunity to generalize either for or against NTs and take this all seriously- which nobody should do.

Varied and illuminating. Far more positive, than negative. :wink: I learned, most of all, that the vast majority of negative stereotypes associated with NTs, stem from an unhealthy individual, rather than something representative of the group as a whole.

That whole unfeely robot thing doesn't really have any basis in reality, either.

As we age and mature, our functions tend to develop along with us, typically in order from most preferred, to least. So, for instance, I've noticed that older, healthy INTPs tend to exhibit quite a bit of Fe, and there's a warmth to them that stems from from that. Not that younger INTPs don't have this to a certain degree, as well - it just matures, like a fine wine.

Additionally, I tend to find discussion with NTs stimulating and engaging. Except maybe on the INTJ forum... there's something overly sterile about that place, like someone's scrubbed down the walls and surfaces with too much antiseptic.

Trying to compensate for their filthy souls(?)

*this is a joke

Since there's no downvote option here, I'm just going to have to like your ignorant, typist ideas. You feelers, all I need to do is throw a picture of a bunny pic at you, like below

tumblr_owqovzpfyR1rztcwko2_r1_500.jpg

And you...you just loose all control. Give into your pathetic need to cuddle that adorable bunny, with it's floppy ears, and cute little nose. You...you're all so weak.
Now I just need to go, and I'll be taking this picture with you. It's to protect you from yourselves, of course.

OH MY GAWD!! IT'S SO CUTE. I JUST WANT TO HUG IT AND LOVE IT A-

That wasn't me, it's all a feeler trick...Don't look at me *flees*

I wasn't sure what to expect when I made this thread, and I certainly didn't expect us to go from world domination to NT love but I'm perfectly satisfied with things so far.

Also we can take bets on when a new forum member takes this as an opportunity to generalize either for or against NTs and take this all seriously- which nobody should do.
Once our egos are glorified enough, the conversation on World Domination must resume.