• C, inevitable joke answer: Xylophone

Votes: 16 44.4%
  • D, use their unlimited power to edit this poll. Xx, Lady Palpatine

Votes: 8 22.2%

• Total voters
Who will be Secretary Not Sure?
gDQ4zAo.jpg

@Lady Jolanda

featuring the same guys who think having 50 year old mainframes run the most critical government systems in the USA is a great idea
It is a great idea! Do you know how few people still know FORTRAN or LISP? Guaranteed hacker proof. :thumbsup:

Reactions: Wyote and jkxx
Surprisingly that was offered as a legitimate reason for keeping those systems around. At least, they don't use Intel processors..

Anyone who claims that pot smoking pot can’t hurt you is either lying or doesn’t know better, because it caused me to become psychotically ill, suffering from what was probably paranoid schizophrenia.

I always found it interesting that Phillip K Dick's works were partly influenced by his schizophrenia or that it maybe even contributed to the impact of the stories.

I always found it interesting that Phillip K Dick's works were partly influenced by his schizophrenia or that it maybe even contributed to the impact of the stories.

It's the most interesting thing when you hear of someone who contributes some of their success to their mental illness. There was this woman named Kim Noble who recently just turned into a very successful painter and has a severe mental condition called DID (dissociative identity disorder). She believes that if she never had DID, her work wouldn't be as creative or impacting as it is now. I believe she has 14 personalities, and each and one of them has painted their own work.

This is some of Kim's and her alter personalities work right here:

patricia-7710.jpg

mimi-6467.jpg

key-5852.jpg

Abi-1694.jpg

anon-2446.jpg

I'm pleased to see this thread prosper, it's like I'm a father.

Indeed. And it's all the more impressive since you weren't even the biological father of it. Maybe you can share duties with Reason?

NTs are weirdos

@JennyDaniella - just saw your response now - yep, I am aware of DID - there was a movie called Identity and let's not forget Shutter Island (which made me shudder but was awesome) and there is this artwork I still remember vividly. PKD's reason for being this way is in the astro thread but I don't want to drag that here. The third image you posted is called a Mandala and is something Jung was interested in. In reading the wiki about PKD we find this passage too

Dick made no secret that much of his thinking and work was heavily influenced by the writings of Carl Jung.[32][37] The Jungian constructs and models that most concerned Dick seem to be the archetypes of the collective unconscious, group projection/hallucination, synchronicities, and personality theory.[32] Many of Dick's protagonists overtly analyze reality and their perceptions in Jungian terms (see Lies Inc.). Dick's self-named Exegesis also contained many notes on Jung in relation to theology and mysticism.[citation needed]

anyway the schizo images

schcat.PNG

Hi everybody.

The Federal government under the Pin Administration will now be nationalizing all industries.

Why? Cause I'm tired of your yapping. "Oh! I can't afford blah blah blah."

I'm handling it.

The economy? Got it.

Healthcare? Got it.

Foreign policy? Got it.

I got it.

Hi everybody.

The Federal government under the Pin Administration will now be nationalizing all industries.

Why? Cause I'm tired of your yapping. "Oh! I can't afford blah blah blah."

I'm handling it.

The economy? Got it.

Healthcare? Got it.

Foreign policy? Got it.

I got it.

giphy.gif

This pleases me.