Random people I don't know telling me to be careful with ENTP friend | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

Random people I don't know telling me to be careful with ENTP friend

I have run into several folks that I was warned about by random people. Without exception...given enough time, I found they were all correct. The random people weren't conspiring...they just all had different observations that yeilded the same conclusion. I still have to work with some of these manipulators...I never take them at face value, I don't trust them completely...and everything is fine. At least they are consistent.

I think all humans are manipulative. You need to do that to survive in a social group. So I don't think it is bad.

But then there are manipulators who manipulate people not just to survive in a social group, but to gain something from that person, to keep a person under there control, make them emotional depending. That kind of manipulation creeps me out. When that happens to me, the ground under my feet disappears. It is because in default I trust people, I have to be able to trust people. I also have a good feeling about what is true and what is fake. So when I find out that someone was manipulating me the whole time and worse that he has been able to stay under my radar, it freaks me out, it hurts a lot. It is because this means my radar system has failed and I start to doubt my whole decision system. I have to reconsider every past event and to reanalyze every single person in my life to redecide what is true and what is fake.

But I will never trust that person again...

I think this is a good example of why I think I'm INFP.

I have run into several folks that I was warned about by random people. Without exception...given enough time, I found they were all correct. The random people weren't conspiring...they just all had different observations that yeilded the same conclusion. I still have to work with some of these manipulators...I never take them at face value, I don't trust them completely...and everything is fine. At least they are consistent.

Consistency is key.

I think all humans are manipulative. You need to do that to survive in a social group. So I don't think it is bad.

But then there are manipulators who manipulate people not just to survive in a social group, but to gain something from that person, to keep a person under there control, make them emotional depending. That kind of manipulation creeps me out. When that happens to me, the ground under my feet disappears. It is because in default I trust people, I have to be able to trust people. I also have a good feeling about what is true and what is fake. So when I find out that someone was manipulating me the whole time and worse that he has been able to stay under my radar, it freaks me out, it hurts a lot. It is because this means my radar system has failed and I start to doubt my whole decision system. I have to reconsider every past event and to reanalyze every single person in my life to redecide what is true and what is fake.

But I will never trust that person again...

I think this is a good example of why I think I'm INFP.

I had that breakdown of my decision system a few years ago and went through the same. And sometimes I do test as INFP.