psychic experiences | Page 4 | INFJ Forum

psychic experiences

Congrats! The job sounds great!

I have these weird experiences on a daily. I have, for example an ENFJ in my family. She and I can in one conversation of an hour or two, have multuple times where I am thinking something first then she says it right before I open my mouth to utter it.. or I say it right as she does. It is odd.. I have this often with a lot of peoole. This "Jinx" moment.. Do you?
Thanks!! This does happen with my brother too. I've thought it's about the same environments, genes or experiences, but lately I've come to question that. I bet if we thought about a pizza it would have the exact same ingredients even though we have differing tastes. It's like our thoughts are entangled or connected. If we are in a car together (usually silent) we say the exact same thing when the silence is broken. Usually it's something very random.

I did look at him once as he was pondering something and I thought I knew exactly what was on his mind. He was bothered about his friends and I said to him "they will understand" and he looked at me like "WHAT?!", which at first I thought was about just a shitty day at work. That ENTP doesn't like his thoughts being seen I suppose.

Precognitive and paranormal experiences run in my bloodline.. My mother had many stories. I remember her telling of how she longed to go on her first snow ski trip and that after years of this longing, one day, the invitation came. One of her best friends phoned her to tell her there was a trip coming weekend and that there was room for just one more in the car and she was invited.. She said she recalled an overwhelming sensation of dread and doom.. So heavy was this sensation that she immediately turned down the invitation.. Her friend was bewildered but offered the seat to a male friend of theirs.. That weekend on the trip to the ski resort there was a terrible car accident. A pole went through the back seat, killing the man sitting in the very spot my mother was offered..

I grew up to have a similar experience, myself.

Two years before I moved to to Holland I owned a silver Mitsubishi eclipse. I was driving down the street in a hurry due to a mistake at work that held me there late and I needed to get to a class. I opted to turn down the road I usually do to avoid the main city traffic.. a shortcut of sorts.. But that same sense of dread my mother had washed over me to the point I felt the sentence.. don't go this way. One mile after turning a woman ran a red light and hit me head on.. Because I had the premonition that this would happen I was able to react fast and cut my wheel so that she hit the passenger side front corner and smashed in my hood that direction instead of the drivers side which likely would have killed me.. My car was declared a total loss..

My mother had the sudden panic to call her father in Texas one Sunday afternoon.. She was frantic and didn't know why... The line was busy. An hour later she received the call that he was trying to call 911 as she was calling. He had a heart attack and died that moment.

There are countless experiences like this for me.. some so personal and scary I won't speak in public about them.

I love this thread.. I think these experiences happen in varying degrees of strength for all INFJ's to be honest..

Thanks!! This does happen with my brother too. I've thought it's about the same environments, genes or experiences, but lately I've come to question that. I bet if we thought about a pizza it would have the exact same ingredients even though we have differing tastes. It's like our thoughts are entangled or connected. If we are in a car together (usually silent) we say the exact same thing when the silence is broken. Usually it's something very random.

I did look at him once as he was pondering something and I thought I knew exactly what was on his mind. He was bothered about his friends and I said to him "they will understand" and he looked at me like "WHAT?!", which at first I thought was about just a shitty day at work. That ENTP doesn't like his thoughts being seen I suppose.
LOLOL!!! Epic..

What? Why? Is this is a maths test? I have a bad cold. You probably didn't know. Is it thirteen? Is it 22, or 409?

No its 148. I need a lie down. This was cruel.
Yes James.. it's 13. :)

Reactions: James
Precognitive and paranormal experiences run in my bloodline.. My mother had many stories. I remember her telling of how she longed to go on her first snow ski trip and that after years of this longing, one day, the invitation came. One of her best friends phoned her to tell her there was a trip coming weekend and that there was room for just one more in the car and she was invited.. She said she recalled an overwhelming sensation of dread and doom.. So heavy was this sensation that she immediately turned down the invitation.. Her friend was bewildered but offered the seat to a male friend of theirs.. That weekend on the trip to the ski resort there was a terrible car accident. A pole went through the back seat, killing the man sitting in the very spot my mother was offered..

I grew up to have a similar experience, myself.

Two years before I moved to to Holland I owned a silver Mitsubishi eclipse. I was driving down the street in a hurry due to a mistake at work that held me there late and I needed to get to a class. I opted to turn down the road I usually do to avoid the main city traffic.. a shortcut of sorts.. But that same sense of dread my mother had washed over me to the point I felt the sentence.. don't go this way. One mile after turning a woman ran a red light and hit me head on.. Because I had the premonition that this would happen I was able to react fast and cut my wheel so that she hit the passenger side front corner and smashed in my hood that direction instead of the drivers side which likely would have killed me.. My car was declared a total loss..

My mother had the sudden panic to call her father in Texas one Sunday afternoon.. She was frantic and didn't know why... The line was busy. An hour later she received the call that he was trying to call 911 as she was calling. He had a heart attack and died that moment.

There are countless experiences like this for me.. some so personal and scary I won't speak in public about them.

I love this thread.. I think these experiences happen in varying degrees of strength for all INFJ's to be honest..
Woah... Got the chills for a bit... So good for you to have trusted that strong intuition.

Feels like mothers have a sense of connection especially towards their children. My mother told me lately as I was borrowing his husbands car that I shouldn't go. I was to drive my friends around and be the chauffeur for a change. I thought it was just her basic nervousness but the night ended up in us getting threatened with knives while waiting for food. The situation didn't escalate luckily, but the car was turned upside down and anything worth stealing was gone.

The night my grandfather died, I saw him standing at the foot of my bed in my the dark early hours of the morning. He smiled and gave a little wave. I knew he was gone.

I woke up the next morning to get ready for school and my mother was sitting on the couch, staring into space. She told me her father had died. I said nothing about his visit, gave her a hug and went to school because that's what she needed.

I was eight years old.
Incredible..

Thank you for sharing that story.

Reactions: Scientia
Woah... Got the chills for a bit... So good for you to have trusted that strong intuition.

Feels like mothers have a sense of connection especially towards their children. My mother told me lately as I was borrowing his husbands car that I shouldn't go. I was to drive my friends around and be the chauffeur for a change. I thought it was just her basic nervousness but the night ended up in us getting threatened with knives while waiting for food. The situation didn't escalate luckily, but the car was turned upside down and anything worth stealing was gone.
Yes, I believe in this intuition at it's fullest. When I was pregnant with my lost sons.. and all was still fine.. even with the first loss and far into the pregnancies.. I could not envision bringing them home.. The nursery was ready and all was fine. But my gut could not allow me to see that. And when I used my imagination to force such thoughts.. to force the vision of seeing them in the house being held by me etc.. every day things.. it would always feel *fake* or hmm.. how to word this.. like as if I was watching a movie.. something unreal for me.. as though I was trying to conceive still.. wishing..still... but was already pregnant and far along..

I have this sensation about all things big.. moving, all sorts of things..

Joke though it may be, the fact that this stuff is seen as dark, and hence something to be avoided, is part of what's wrong with the world today. I mean what's actually bad is acting like this stuff isn't real, or is something to be avoided if it is.

The world needs a spiritual awakening, and I think we're getting to be on the verge of that, because this materialistic regime we're all subject to is sending humanity down the wrong path and has been for quite some time.
100%

In my personal experiences, it is a very bad thing. I knew someone who claimed to be clairvoyant, and she used it to ruin my life. she was very sucessful.

As for a spiritual awakening, I completely agree. We just need to be careful what it is we tamper with

In my personal experiences, it is a very bad thing. I knew someone who claimed to be clairvoyant, and she used it to ruin my life. she was very sucessful.

As for a spiritual awakening, I completely agree. We just need to be careful what it is we tamper with
Agreed.. This INFJ or otherwise "gift" can be taken to a very dark place.. I have had scary experiences too since childhood and you won't catch me in a building with a ouija board.

Reactions: Disguised
She was not INFJ, in fact, based on her personality, I'd never have guessed she was clairvoyant

Reactions: Free and Misty
Yes, I believe in this intuition at it's fullest. When I was pregnant with my lost sons.. and all was still fine.. even with the first loss and far into the pregnancies.. I could not envision bringing them home.. The nursery was ready and all was fine. But my gut could not allow me to see that. And when I used my imagination to force such thoughts.. to force the vision of seeing them in the house being held by me etc.. every day things.. it would always feel *fake* or hmm.. how to word this.. like as if I was watching a movie.. something unreal for me.. as though I was trying to conceive still.. wishing..still... but was already pregnant and far along..

I do get this in my own way. It's like your thoughts are in a place that isn't one with your feelings. They form this possibility, a dream, but you feel something is wrong with it. Couldn't sleep yesterday as I felt something was going on and checked the news about Florida. Felt anxious and restless like something was going on. Need to meditate more.

I'm interested in how this happened, but I get it if you don't want to talk about it. PM me if you feel like it. There is much evil as there is good in the world. I think it's impossible for it to be otherwise. With good intentions there are as many possibilities as there are for the bad ones. As there is Buddha there was Hitler. Both INFJ according to this http://www.celebritytypes.com/infj.php

I do still think that if you want peace you need to prepare for war. The good is weak when not accepting that bad needs to be fought against.

*edit* Is there even a private message thing here? :D

The day that my maternal grandmother died I knew that I had to get to see her that very day or it would be too late. We all knew she was very unwell but I had had no other information to tell me her death was immediately immanent.

Leading up to her death before her diagnosis was clear- I was caring for an elderly lady at the time, and one night became extremely emotional and tearful, lying awake all night and catastrophizing about her death....afterwards I got the sense that these strong emotions were actually about my grandmother but had been mixed up to help them make more sense, or be more palatable to me so I could cope with them.

Also I was clairsentient and clairaudient as a child, but this ability freaked me out so I tried to shut it down.

There are silly examples also, sometimes if I leave something behind or forget something, I get instant information minutes later - and then I think- well why/how did I remember that just then. It's like my psyche is trying to help me out.

One experience I have, which I think is fairly common, is thinking of someone and phoning them up just as they are on the verge of phoning me. They are usually amazed. but I'm not anymore.

...Also there is general information that I can get about people and events.
e.g. Sometimes I get the impression appointment is going to be cancelled and I don't need to make the effort to do something, and then it is.

I love this thread, I've 'liked' nearly every single post. :tearsofjoy:

Last edited:

True, I think it's interesting that I was amazed of myself that I managed to keep my pregnancy news so quiet for so long, only sharing with a few people. It seems like a part of me was held in reserve.

you won't catch me in a building with a ouija board.

Quite right! I don't think anyone should ever do this, and especially not someone with HSP.

Reactions: Misty
Indeed! I am HSP also.. but wow. Nobody should mess with the boards.. o_O
Lol, I confused myself I was thinking 'ESP' - but wrote 'HSP' but yes to both!

Reactions: Misty